• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Read this if you are in active addiction

TheArctype

Greenlighter
There exists within us a certain dichotomy... The who we are, versus who we want to be.. Or better yet... What people see us as, versus what we see ourselves as..
Addiction can blur and confuse the already imperceivable lines of ourselves. Inasmuch the scope of such a discussion is beyond a forum or a fleeting topic.. And each answer is unique as the person seeking it..
Therefore I say unto you... Use this as a warning or utilize it to be mindful. If you are in active addiction, You are your best friend, and you are your worst enemy. No one will have your back like you do and no one will outright abandon you like yourself.
There is a good chance at any time you're walking around with misdemeanors and walking in between felonies. Keep a little voice in your head at all times to remain vigilant no matter how sloppy things seem to get. Complacency is what causes you to fall, never become complacent if you can help it. Nothing will fuck your life up more than getting arrested because you are slipping, other than overdosing because you weren't mindful.
The further you go along the road the harder these things become, and the more vigilant you must become.... It is a heavy burden you carry, And I hope you find the answers you seek.

There exists within us a certain dichotomy... The who we are, versus who we want to be.. Or better yet... What people see us as, versus what we see ourselves as..
Addiction can blur and confuse the already imperceivable lines of ourselves. Inasmuch the scope of such a discussion is beyond a forum or a fleeting topic.. And each answer is unique as the person seeking it..
Therefore I say unto you... Use this as a warning or utilize it to be mindful. If you are in active addiction, You are your best friend, and you are your worst enemy. No one will have your back like you do and no one will outright abandon you like yourself.
There is a good chance at any time you're walking around with misdemeanors and walking in between felonies. Keep a little voice in your head at all times to remain vigilant no matter how sloppy things seem to get. Complacency is what causes you to fall, never become complacent if you can help it. Nothing will fuck your life up more than getting arrested because you are slipping, other than overdosing because you weren't mindful.
The further you go along the road the harder these things become, and the more vigilant you must become.... It is a heavy burden you carry, And I hope you find the answers you seek.
Thanks dude. That's just what I needed to hear right now. Thinking about giving IOP another try soon.

That is wonderful advice and very well said. I will try to take your advice.

Thank you very much,
Dreamflyer