• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Addiction Rapid Heart Rate Of Withdrawals(Opioids)

hey man you helped me a lot...what a good post you made.thank you.
i thought if my heart is pumping fast maybe it needs more blood so i should rest more to help it to have more blood.if i walk or do excersises my heart needs beat more.isn't it a bad thing?doesn't it make more pressure on my heart?
i will try that maneuver i have seen it somewhere before but i forgot it and i didn't think it can help me about my problem.
edit: another question... does keeping breath for long time during fast heart rate make any harm to heart?
i guess this maneuver isn't for my condition.when heart is beating fast it is trying to deliver more oxygen and more food to the body,and if we keep our nose closed and don't breath there may be a physiological conflict of interest,
Glad I could put you at ease.

Definitely no exercise!

The only reason I suggested to walk for a bit is to help with blood circulation as you was anxious about a possible stroke and the valsalva maneuver to possibly reduce your heart rate and anxiety.

So I looked back at your posts. Your 25, so your maximum heart rate can be 195bpm before any damage may or may not start to occur.
Your blood pressure is rather high, but again it depends on your symptoms and you are going through opioid WD which I'm not an expert in

If you're past oxy WD and these symptoms still linger I would go see a Dr especially that you say you have a heart condition

Before you do anything can you call someone now to come over to check in on you? Or stay for a bit?

Regards to moving I would do this, but if it's making you feel anxious no need.

Only sit up first that's if you can, see how you feel for 5min sitting on your bed leaning against your headboard if any symptoms like dizziness or feeling faint. lie down straight away.

But if all okay try to slide your legs to the side and sit with your toes touching the floor. again don't move for a couple of minutes. If any symptoms like dizziness or feeling faint arises lie down straight away on your left side.

But if all okay try and stand up and lean against the wall for another couple minutes. Again if any symptoms like dizziness or faintness lie down straight away. Now if you can try and walk just for as long as you feel okay to slowly. Are you dehydrated? Grab enough water with you to take back? you may be low on electrolytes?

Sodium potassium calcium magnesium do you have any multi minerals or vitamins?

A fast heart rate can be caused by a thousand of things.

Your heart rate is high, but with no other symptoms I would not worry to much. People live with tachycardia for years before diagnosis.
Give it a week if it's still not gone down definitely go see a Dr.

Have a chicken stock cube in some hot water and put your favourite movie or relaxing music on. Even some fresh air by opening the window could help.

Play the metronome in the background it might help.

Keep us updated hope you feel better soon!
Do ask someone to come check in with you 🙂

Glad I could put you at ease.

Keep us updated hope you feel better soon!
Do ask someone to come check in with you 🙂
hi,i got withdrawals just 5 minutes ago and i used that maneuver and it worked:p
just wanted to thankyou although i knew some breathing methods and i have used them always but what you wrote here made me more care about it and today i got free of withdrawals faster and prevented my heart from reaching the peak of fast heart rate. although i snorted a little oxycodone but didn't work and it was even getting worse.but after i focused my mind on breathing and i moved my fingers like a conductor of orchestra with every breath i took.it helped me and treated it very fast.

You sound like me as I also have an unhealthy fixation on my heart (how fast it is beating, when it skips a beat, etc.). Your heart is a very strong muscle so I wouldn't worry about it unless you know for a fact that you have a weak heart and a doctor told you this. There are some people on this earth that have Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT) which means their hearts randomly start beating super fast (210+ bpm) and it beats that fast for hours and hours and they survive. I would only be worried if your heart rate was faster than 180 for longer than like 6 or so hours, that would be unusually fast. But if you're just sitting around lying in bed, have mild opiate withdrawal, and your heart rate is 120-130 or so, that's not too concerning and you will be ok.

You sound like me as I also have an unhealthy fixation on my heart (how fast it is beating, when it skips a beat, etc.). Your heart is a very strong muscle so I wouldn't worry about it unless you know for a fact that you have a weak heart and a doctor told you this. There are some people on this earth that have Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT) which means their hearts randomly start beating super fast (210+ bpm) and it beats that fast for hours and hours and they survive. I would only be worried if your heart rate was faster than 180 for longer than like 6 or so hours, that would be unusually fast. But if you're just sitting around lying in bed, have mild opiate withdrawal, and your heart rate is 120-130 or so, that's not too concerning and you will be ok.
i thought if heart rate reaches more than 200bpm there will be a great danger of stroke.i've heard that from my doctor and a documentary they said 200bpm has the danger of getting stroke.but i didn't know it can take more than hours?
i doubt really because even after couple minutes of fast heart rate(10min for example) my heart will get tired and i feel a unique pain showing how tired my heart is.
and its not 120 or 130.that would be a normal fast heart rate for me with no worries.
actually the reason of my worry is i hear a lot that some young boy died with no reason.so i have this background in my mind that i may die young.

Last edited:
hi,i got withdrawals just 5 minutes ago and i used that maneuver and it worked:p
just wanted to thankyou although i knew some breathing methods and i have used them always but what you wrote here made me more care about it and today i got free of withdrawals faster and prevented my heart from reaching the peak of fast heart rate. although i snorted a little oxycodone but didn't work and it was even getting worse.but after i focused my mind on breathing and i moved my fingers like a conductor of orchestra with every breath i took.it helped me and treated it very fast.
How are you doing? How is your heart rate and blood pressure now it's been 7 days?

The Valsaval maneuver can be very effective in reducing the heart rate. It may not work if the HR is directly being caused by a active chemical substance in your system.

Once the effects of the substance wear off, the maneuver is effective.

i thought if heart rate reaches more than 200bpm there will be a great danger of stroke.i've heard that from my doctor and a documentary they said 200bpm has the danger of getting stroke.but i didn't know it can take more than hours?
i doubt really because even after couple minutes of fast heart rate(10min for example) my heart will get tired and i feel a unique pain showing how tired my heart is.
and its not 120 or 130.that would be a normal fast heart rate for me with no worries.
actually the reason of my worry is i hear a lot that some young boy died with no reason.so i have this background in my mind that i may die young.
Regards to 200bpm causing a stroke it's a yes and no. A stroke can occur anytime even in your sleep at 60bpm. It's a collection of events that would lead to one happening.

Risk factors are your diet, weight, age, a sedentary lifestyle such as not moving and lying or sitting a lot.
Not moving which causes poor circulation that's why if your in hospital you should always go for a 20min walk daily (unless they inject you with a blood thinner)
A fast heart rate is not the leading cause of stroke otherwise gym goers would be dropping by their dozens

I once was admitted to ICU with a high heart rate but had drugs still active in my system and as I was in bed for 3 days straight they had to keep injecting me with blood thinners as a precaution from a stroke even though I was 27yrs old.

However like yourself, age is on our side and you will recover. Aged 25 your maximum heart rate is 195bpm

My biggest worry if your HR was 200bpm is the strain it could be having on your organs. However the valsaval maneuver as you perform it you may feel a thump in your chest that's the heart trying to in basic terms reset and normalise the rhythm and heart rate.

The formula is
(220 - your age) = maximum heart rate
(Now that's just how fast your heart rate can reach without causing any problems) anything above that your at risk of damage to your organs.

if your HR stays at 200bpm and doesn't go down for a hour or two you must call an ambulance. Do perform the valsaval maneuver while you wait for them to arrive but even at a young age you don't want to take any chances after all we only have one heart and the hospital will want to stabilise your heart immediately.

thats crazy you have access to all that in Peru. I have a buddy from Peru and his father owns a coupe hotels in the tourist district and they really weren't getting shit like that. They said the coke was fire but I remember giving my friend a couple m30 fakes that were fent and he loved them. But then again he might of grown up with different people and different connects. He ended up puking everywhere off them. Probably lucky to be alive with how much he was drinking on them.
He doesn't know the right ppl, that's it

thats crazy you have access to all that in Peru. I have a buddy from Peru and his father owns a coupe hotels in the tourist district and they really weren't getting shit like that. They said the coke was fire but I remember giving my friend a couple m30 fakes that were fent and he loved them. But then again he might of grown up with different people and different connects. He ended up puking everywhere off them. Probably lucky to be alive with how much he was drinking on them.
Yeah it's actually in a shadyass part of the city that I get these kinda meds. The rich kids are scared to go there.

Yeah it's actually in a shadyass part of the city that I get these kinda meds. The rich kids are scared to go there.
yea I would definitely assume he came from money. I don't, but I don't really ask people things like that when I chilling and I don't know him like that only meet him once or twice. But he's brother was once a close friend of mine and he never came off rich in fact he was quite frugal with his money. Once again maybe this family was rich and didn't give hime money ir something but he was installing solar panels for Tesla last time I talked to him.

He introduced me to Peruvian food and that shit is FIRE... what is that green sauce you dip the chicken in thats so FUCKING GOOD

How are you doing? How is your heart rate and blood pressure now it's been 7 days?

if your HR stays at 200bpm and doesn't go down for a hour or two you must call an ambulance. Do perform the valsaval maneuver while you wait for them to arrive but even at a young age you don't want to take any chances after all we only have one heart and the hospital will want to stabilise your heart immediately.
7 days?reaallyy?how fast time is passing,to me its like it was yesterday.
nothing bad happened till that day and hopefully i don't think much about my heart now,even after i get heart pain i am ready to die actually.i'm not sad or depressed but in my situation its best for me to be ready for anything.
i get embarrassed when i see you worried about me.i'll be fine.

yea I would definitely assume he came from money. I don't, but I don't really ask people things like that when I chilling and I don't know him like that only meet him once or twice. But he's brother was once a close friend of mine and he never came off rich in fact he was quite frugal with his money. Once again maybe this family was rich and didn't give hime money ir something but he was installing solar panels for Tesla last time I talked to him.

He introduced me to Peruvian food and that shit is FIRE... what is that green sauce you dip the chicken in thats so FUCKING GOOD
Hehwhe you know it man, if you ever have the chance. Come to Perú 🇵🇪, you won't be disappointed :p