• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Addiction Rapid Heart Rate Of Withdrawals(Opioids)

bookshelf1

Bluelighter
When i use high doses of oxycodone and i miss a dose i get wild withdrawals very sooner than low dose oxycodone dependence.
Tonight i got withdrawals and a very fast heart rate my hands was tingling i snorted a little oxycodone but it seemed it is worsening my heart rate so its not withdrawals and i thought i am gonna die i tried to sleep and relax but didn't work i sat there and prayed to god to help me.fortunately i took an oxy pill an hour before that and it started to affect couple minutes later and i got calmed and my heart rate gone back to normal.i want to know what happens if i didn't took oxycodone.will my heart rate get back to normal after some time on its own?or it gets worse?anyone had similar experience?my doctor told me withdrawals symptoms of opioids is not fatal. most patient don't die from getting withdrawals unless they had chronic illnesses.
i am a little surprised why withdrawals started?because i used the same amount as yesterday dose.
oh now i remember....last night before sleep i took another 30mg oxycodone because i felt my legs are getting agitated.because i was sleepy i didn't write that dose in my note paper.

Last edited:
Withdrawal can certainly produce rapid heart rate, palpations, etc. This is made even worse by anxiety. It will return to normal in a matter of days once you get over the acute withdrawal.

Try not to focus on it, as this will make it even worse. Breathing techniques and meditation can help. If it truly bothers you, you can ask your doctor for a beta blocker like clonidine or propranolol.

Withdrawal can certainly produce rapid heart rate, palpations, etc. This is made even worse by anxiety. It will return to normal in a matter of days once you get over the acute withdrawal.

Try not to focus on it, as this will make it even worse. Breathing techniques and meditation can help. If it truly bothers you, you can ask your doctor for a beta blocker like clonidine or propranolol.
matter of days?i guess even a healthy human will get stroke if this rapid heart rate that i got continues for couple hours,
do you know if anyone got stroke by withdrawals?

matter of days?i guess even a healthy human will get stroke if this rapid heart rate that i got continues for couple hours,
As long as you are relatively healthy, you'll be absolutely fine. It sounds like your anxiety talking. If you are really worried go to the doctor and get an EKG.

i don't think its just anxiety...as i said in the first post,i tried to calm my self but didn't work cause my heart rate was too high and it was worsening.i still think it could actually kill me.
normally i am not that anxious to be a problem,it was like my body was automatically deciding for it self.and i had tachycardia before and i can't use betablocker because it makes a lot of heart pain.

When i use high doses of oxycodone and i miss a dose i get wild withdrawals very sooner than low dose oxycodone dependence.
Tonight i got withdrawals and a very fast heart rate my hands was tingling i snorted a little oxycodone but it seemed it is worsening my heart rate so its not withdrawals and i thought i am gonna die i tried to sleep and relax but didn't work i sat there and prayed to god to help me.fortunately i took an oxy pill an hour before that and it started to affect couple minutes later and i got calmed and my heart rate gone back to normal.i want to know what happens if i didn't took oxycodone.will my heart rate get back to normal after some time on its own?or it gets worse?anyone had similar experience?my doctor told me withdrawals symptoms of opioids is not fatal. most patient don't die from getting withdrawals unless they had chronic illnesses.
i am a little surprised why withdrawals started?because i used the same amount as yesterday dose.
oh now i remember....last night before sleep i took another 30mg oxycodone because i felt my legs are getting agitated.because i was sleepy i didn't write that dose in my note paper.
Withdrawal can produce a number of different medical symptoms (including a rapid heartbeat). These symptoms are rarely life threatening unless there is another medical condition (e.g. heart disease, seizure disorders, etc.).

Having said that...I had a serious heroin habit in 2016-2017. I wanted to stop altogether so I went to a detox facility (7 days). They used a methadone taper. It was brutal and the next 3 weeks were pretty terrible physically. I went to a Buddhist-oriented treatment center in California. There were also symptoms of post acute withdrawal...but that's another discussion. I stopped using heroin in October 2017. I still use other substances recreationally (cannabis oil and an occasional beer or cocktail) BUT I avoid opioids like the plague.

Personally, in my case, I don't think I could have kicked heroin without the support of a medical detox and a 30-day program.

The odd thing is that ketobemidone (an opioid) withdrawal WAS considered to be potentially fatal. Ketobemidone is a rare example of an opioid/NMDA antagonist drug. Levorphanol and dipipanone being the others. Methadone has a little NMDA activity, but not much.

It's VERY unlikely that people will come across any of these, but I can only guess that it's the NMDA activity that makes withdrawal more dangerous. I might add that people can be swapped to methadone and in fact the drugs I mentioned are 'best substituted' with methadone.

But this is VERY old data, so maybe lack of sleep caused seizures or something. The precise cause of death isn't recorded.

I've literally panicked myself into ruining an Opiate high, because I thought something bad was going to happen to my body (it had been 10 years since the last time I got high) I literally almost gave myself a heart attack lol People underestimate the mind and anxiety. Your heart rate will follow your dumb ass paranoia... And the more anxious you get, the higher your heart rate.. it'll keep going and going and going....

When I checked into detox for alcohol a few weeks ago my resting heart rate was 110+ and my blood pressure was 173/119. I was nearly in hypertensive crisis.

Of course, alcohol is much harder on the body than opioids.
you may not belive but that would be very acceptable to me if my health condition was like that.i get more than 170bpm heart rate.and my worst blood pressure around 180/120.albeit its the worst situation i said that i guess my last withdrawals was like this.but usually i get lower blood pressure around 160/110 but my heart rate is always more dangerous.

you may not belive but that would be very acceptable to me if my health condition was like that.i get more than 170bpm heart rate.and my worst blood pressure around 180/120.albeit its the worst situation i said that i guess my last withdrawals was like this.but usually i get lower blood pressure around 160/110 but my heart rate is always dangerous.
How old are you? Only reason I ask is I was wondering how long your heart has been beating.

Do you take BP meds daily ?

How old are you? Only reason I ask is I was wondering how long your heart has been beating.

Do you take BP meds daily ?
25 years old.i took some meds for years but recently my heart has gone sensitive so i can't use those meds otherwise i get a lot of heart pain.and doctors don't know whats my problem.they just guess its neurological problem but i don't think.

25 years old.i took some meds for years but recently my heart has gone sensitive so i can't use those meds otherwise i get a lot of heart pain.and doctors don't know whats my problem.they just guess its neurological problem but i don't think.
Well, at least you are young but that sometimes doesn't mean much if you have congenital heart defects that are un-diagnosed. Your BP is a bit scary if it stays in that range daily.

All you can do is get a Cardiologist to give you an EKG once a year and make sure your heart is still doing okay.

Well, at least you are young but that sometimes doesn't mean much if you have congenital heart defects that are un-diagnosed. Your BP is a bit scary if it stays in that range daily.

All you can do is get a Cardiologist to give you an EKG once a year and make sure your heart is still doing okay.
fortunately its not daily.but my heart rate problem is daily

Withdrawal can certainly produce rapid heart rate, palpations, etc.
Yes, indeed. I remember I used to get these but not on the first day but on the 2nd week of going cold turkey and only when I cold turkryed it was super uncomfortable along with the akathisia, I couldn't stand it x.x thsnk God, I learned about medications thst help forvwds here on BL 💙💙💙💯
I remember having an EKG for something e⁹⁹⁹⁹⁹((óiii>i>> ii<i>iikkkm?mmm,?;lse at the hospital while I was wding and the dr said I had some moderste arrhytmia.
He thought my heart was bad and thst I needed to stay a few days to get thdt checked out cause he thought I had a heart problem but I knew it was just wds so I told him to release me asap( I wanted a shot so bad), he said okay but if u come to the ER in a few days with a heartattack he'd be like "I told you...". I was like whatever man just sign the papers so I csn get out of the hospital, walk around the corner and get the FIX I so desperately needed!. Couple hrs later and I was in Morpheus arms, pure fucking bliss(100mg of 100% pure morphine straight into my veins) oh the good ol' days.

Last edited:
Yes, indeed. I remember I used to get these but not on the first day but on the 2nd week of going cold turkey and only when I cold turkryed it was super uncomfortable along with the akathisia, I couldn't stand it x.x thsnk God, I learned about medications thst help forvwds here on BL 💙💙💙💯
I remember having an EKG for something e⁹⁹⁹⁹⁹((óiii>i>> ii<i>iikkkm?mmm,?;lse at the hospital while I was wding and the dr said I had some moderste arrhytmia.
He thought my heart was bad and thst I needed to stay a few days to get thdt checked out cause he thought I had a heart problem but I knew it was just wds so I told him to release me asap( I wanted a shot so bad), he said okay but if u come to the ER in a few days with a heartattack he'd be like "I told you...". I was like whatever man just sign the papers so I csn get out of the hospital, walk around the corner and get the FIX I so desperately needed!. Couple hrs later and I was in Morpheus arms, pure fucking bliss(100mg of 100% pure morphine straight into my veins) oh the good ol' days.
thats crazy you have access to all that in Peru. I have a buddy from Peru and his father owns a coupe hotels in the tourist district and they really weren't getting shit like that. They said the coke was fire but I remember giving my friend a couple m30 fakes that were fent and he loved them. But then again he might of grown up with different people and different connects. He ended up puking everywhere off them. Probably lucky to be alive with how much he was drinking on them.

When I checked into detox for alcohol a few weeks ago my resting heart rate was 110+ and my blood pressure was 173/119. I was nearly in hypertensive crisis.

Of course, alcohol is much harder on the body than opioids.
Oh lord alcohol and benzo cold turkey put me in total psychosis I was rushed to a&e with resting 170bpm and 160 over 110 bp

To OP I would not worry to much about tachycardia as long as no other symptoms arises like feeling dizzy or like your about to faint then call 999 immediately. Was told this by my Dr.

Other than that it's like running for a bus your heart is built to beat fast at times and slower at others.

Of course if it's consistently elevated go see a Dr
They may or may not prescribe beta blockers (caution they come with their own withdrawals)

I had tachycardia of over 100bpm resting and over 120-140 bpm standing for 6 months and was fine. Found out it was benzo withdrawal related once reinstated heart slowed down.

If you have an elevated heart rate try not to bed rest all day. Walk around the house even if it's for 20 min a day split into 5min intervals or change position like sitting up.

I was told whilst in hospital when my heart was 170bpm if I stay sedentary then a chance of a stroke is possible but that's with hypertensive crisis.

If it's causing anxiety have you tried playing a metronome? I set it to 60bpm keeps me in check when I feel overstimulated and slows me down.

Here's a link
https://www.online-stopwatch.com/online-metronome/

Also a tip I was given from the ambulance crew whilst on the way to the hospital it's a
"valsalva maneuver"

Deep breath in, pinch your nose, mouth closed. Then force yourself to exhale without exhaling for 15seconds.
Then exhale.
Should slow your heart down

I call it the Darth Vader maneuver cos of the sound you make breathing out I still do it to this day anywhere everywhere 😂 when a panic attack is coming on calms me right down

Also a paper bag to breathe in and out from for until you feel a sense of calm helps
(don't over do it with the paper bag)

23209-valsalva-maneuver

FYI I'm not a Dr just talking from experience.
Hope your better soon 🤗

Last edited:
I had tachycardia of over 100bpm resting and over 120-140 bpm standing for 6 months and was fine. Found out it was benzo withdrawal related once reinstated heart slowed down.

If you have an elevated heart rate try not to bed rest all day. Walk around the house even if it's for 20 min a day split into 5min intervals or change position like sitting up.

I was told whilst in hospital when my heart was 170bpm if I stay sedentary then a chance of a stroke is possible but that's with hypertensive crisis.

If it's......
hey man you helped me a lot...what a good post you made.thank you.
i thought if my heart is pumping fast maybe it needs more blood so i should rest more to help it to have more blood.if i walk or do excersises my heart needs beat more.isn't it a bad thing?doesn't it make more pressure on my heart?
i will try that maneuver i have seen it somewhere before but i forgot it and i didn't think it can help me about my problem.
edit: another question... does keeping breath for long time during fast heart rate make any harm to heart?
i guess this maneuver isn't for my condition.when heart is beating fast it is trying to deliver more oxygen and more food to the body,and if we keep our nose closed and don't breath there may be a physiological conflict of interest,

Last edited: