• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

rape

a family friend got raped with a coke bottle, then the guy took a hammer and shattered the bottle inside her.

suffice to say, rape isn't high on my list.
besides, st kilda has a thriving economy these days ;)

up all night said:
*bump*

Cleared of all charges and yet I have no doubt the mud will still stick to the bulldogs. It's situations like this that make me so angry the media have the right to publicise that sort of information.

There was insufficient evidence to proceed to prosecution which in my mind says that the only thing we know for certain is that there was insufficient evidence to proceed to prosecution. I would distinguish this from a trial verdict dismissing charges on the basis that the woman in question had been proven to be lying or where broad inconsistencies were found in her story.

I wonder in what sort of situation it would be possible to actually get sufficient evidence in cases such as this where you have one woman claiming to be a victim, and multiple alleged offenders who are all close team mates and are given ample time before questioning to get their stories straight.

I don't know, I still wonder where the truth really lies. One thing I am satisfied of is that no one except those involved can ever say for sure.

Last edited:
its the same in any rape situation pretty much tho

look at the kobe bryant case, or the mike tyson case

NO ONE will ever know whether they really did or didnt do it

^^^ i bet there's a couple of people who know :)

but yes, it's quite a shitty situation, but there's basically nothing -save some kind of orwellian surveillance of us all- that can be done to prevent the situation :\

up all night said:
*bump*

Cleared of all charges and yet I have no doubt the mud will still stick to the bulldogs. It's situations like this that make me so angry the media have the right to publicise that sort of information.

When I was raped over a year ago I had to sit with the police and give them a statement and it took 14 hours. When they finished they investigated it and unfortunately didn't have enough evidence to charge.
It went down as unsubstantiated statement(or something like it), basically meaning we have enough evidence to know that you were raped, but not enough to take him to court. They knew I had been raped and were apologetic that they couldn't do anything about it, but you need a certain amount of evidence before you can take people to court.

What is sad is not the fact that this was reported to the media, but the fact that justice cant be served. A police officer came out today and said that there was certainly evidence of rape.
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/04/28/1083103516563.html

I would read that article. I do believe rape happened, police officers just don't come out into the media every day and make statements like that.
Cases like this and mine happen every day. The law isn't the be all and end all.

Last edited:
^ Innocent until proven guilty. It's so unfair to assume that they were also guilty just because in your case it couldn't be proven.

There are cases where rape is proven even though the attacker said it was consensual so it obviously can be done.

I have been involved myself of one case and heard of many cases of rape that couldnt be taken to court because of the type of evidience put forward.

I would like to hear about how many cases you have heard of personally, and see some statistics on that statement you made. Also, if someone is to get charged with raping a girl their first line of defence is almost always going to be saying that its consensul. I dont think that it amounts to anything.

BREAKa, I already posted a comment about a situation where a guy I know was accused of rape when it wasn't the case.

A seventh person, who was witnessed by hotel staff leaving the room during the time of the alleged crime has failed to come forward and give evidence.

Given that the players are innocent, why wouldn't he come forward? The team would be everlastingly thankful and the charges would have been dropped long ago - time and fuss would have been saved.

You've really gotta wonder why he didn't come forward huh... I mean, what's there to hide, right? :(

^ A good question! However you also have to wonder why the girl would lie about who was actually there at the time of the rape considering a few of the people had alibi's that checked out. It's all very strange.

Generally most of us think in terms of men raping women. This is not the only rape that goes on in society. There are women raping men, women raping women and men raping men too. Obviously these combinations do not occur as regularly and i guess thats maybe why it isn't really talked about.

I've experienced this 1st hand. Kryalkastle sharing her experience sorta made me think that maybe its worth me sharing my experience.
It started maybe 2.5 half years ago. Went out with a group of friends and was having a pretty great night, dancing, drinking, having fun, all the usual shit. Anyway one of my so called friends is gay and I was staying at his place for the night, had quite comfortably crashed out at his house a few times. Anyway things were going pretty well until all of a sudden after finishing off my drink which i had left on table while dancing beside it I was unable to walk, focus on anything or even move, I threw up a heap of times, and didn't know who the people around me were. I dont remember a lot from getting from the club we were at back to my friends house and i still aren't 100% clear on it. When we got back to my 'friends' house he put me into bed and stripped me off and started to take advantage of me. I was fully aware of what was going on, but could do nothing to stop it. I could barely move and could only mumble out weakly things like 'stop, no'.
I dont really wish to go into really deep detail about it but basically it was like being tied up and having someone do whatever they wanted to do to u against your will, but without the physical restraints, i was simply unable to move due to whatever had been put in my drink.
I eventually passed out and when i woke up I was in bed with this guy, i jumped straight out of bed put on pants, didn't even bother trying to find my shirt and other clothes and ran outta there as fast as possible.

That was probably the worst experience of my life. I never did anything about it in terms of professional help or going to the police. I eventually spoke to friends about it about 2 years after it happened (so only recently spoke bout it). I was pretty screwed up for a while, having nightmares and not being able to sleep and things like that.

A similar incident happened recently which has got me in a bit of a mess at the moment. I went to best friends 21st and had great night. Got very very very drunk and had a ball. He had a number of people crashing at his place and he asked if i minded crashing next door at his neighbors house who was also at his 21st and who i was also friends with. I saw no prob with this and went back there. As soon as we got there and he showed me where i was going to sleep in spare room I crashed on bed and passed out. When I woke up my best friends neighbour whose house it is was on top of me. I dunno exactly what happened but i know i passed out fully clothed and woke up naked with a guy on top of me. I pushed him straight off and got outta there and just started driving. Was still too drunk to drive so i couldn't go home as it was 45 mins drive, so i had to sleep in car.
This recent incident (only happened bit over month ago) has really fucked me round and caused a number of issues. Again i did nothing about this but talk to a few close friends about it. Currently i get almost no sleep as i constantly wake up thru the night from nightmares and then are too scared to go back to sleep cos of the nightmares.

Just thought i'd share my story to show that rape can happen to anyone and that we all need to be aware of it and be careful too. I never ever thought anything like this could happen to me, i'm a fairly well built guy who you wouldn't think couldn't look after himself.

anyway take from it what you will.

Beech out
sorry bout the length of post

^^^ :(

thanks for posting.

it's so true though; even though people are aware that rape isn't just something which occurs to women, it's still hardly ever mentioned. it's a horrible thing to happen to anyone...

If its any consolation, my boyfriend is in jail (Sydney, Australia) and rapists are treated SOOO harshly in jail. The things they do to them when they first hit jail are unimaginable.. and they deserve (in my opinion) whatever they get, frankly. Other inmates do not look upon rapists lightly. You guys probably would of guessed this, but I thought I would comment.

Its all a pretty nasty business and I agree that rapist deserve whatever they get, however whatever punishment they get whether it is dealt out by the legal system, inmates in prison, people on the street or the victim, it doesn't change what has happened. The punishment dealt out doesn't make a scrap of difference to the victim in my opinion. I must admit I at times I get pretty angry about it and feel like beating the absolute shit out of the guys who did it to me, but when thinking rationally I realise it wouldn't help me in any way.
I wish I could explain it all a bit clearer but its the sort of thing that is pretty impossible to express yourself clearly on. I hope that I eventually get over it totally and maybe one day i'll get professional help with it (few friends who know bout it have suggested i see a shrink) but til then i'll be doing my best to work it out myself and eventually get back to being a happy little camper who can sleep and live normal life like lotsa other folks.

Thanks for hearing my story

Beech out