Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Random Social Chit-Chat v. Illuminati Confirmed

HOLLYWOOD - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart will make a return to TV next month--but without its team of writers.

The award-winning show--and its spin-off series, The Colbert Report--is set to resume filming on Jan. 7, despite the ongoing Hollywood writers strike.

However, both Stewart and Stephen Colbert, as members of the Writers Guild of America (WGA), are barred from writing any material for the show.

In a joint statement, Stewart and Colbert said, "We would like to return to work with our writers. If we cannot, we would like to express our ambivalence, but without our writers we are unable to express something as nuanced as ambivalence."

that made me giggle, thought i would share.

In American Psycho,Christian Bale plays a character named Bateman. Later on,he goes on to play a character named Batman. William Dafoe,who is also in the movie,goes on to play the Green Goblin in Spiderman.

smotpoker said:
Am I the only one who wishes Corey Haim and Corey Feldman were still mega-stars? Good grief I miss the Corey's.

No really, I do.

Hell no you aren't. The Lost Boys is still one of my favorite films, 2 Coreys, one movie.

Pans Labyrinth is fucking awesome.
The first time I saw it, I was super stoned on some sour diesel and it was a high def dvd with surround sound. Holy shit!!! =D
That was an awesome movie!!

i'll start posting random bits of news from darkhorizons. go to the link below for more info.

- Posters for Get Smart, Superhero Movie, Wall-E, Fireflies in the Garden, Flawless, Street Kings.

- New videos are out for the horror flick "The Alphabet Killer" by "Wrong Turn" helmer Rob Schmidt (click here), the direct-to-DVD sequel "Starship Troopers 3: Marauder".

- Guillermo del Toro has hired legendary "Star Wars" and "Indiana Jones" poster artist Drew Struzan to create a poster for Hellboy II: The Golden Army. Struzan created some unused original art for the first film.

- Interesting character artwork is out for The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man.

- Much like the "Lost" viral video in January, an eight minute and 17 second recap of the first three seasons of "Battlestar Galactica" is out. US users can find it at SciFi.Com, overseas users at Youtube. There's also a five minute promo for the fourth season at YouTube.

- Huey Lewis will record the title theme song for the upcoming Judd Apatow stoner comedy "The Pineapple Express" with Seth Rogen and James Franco.

- Jim Marquand, son of "Return of the Jedi" helmer Richard, has been asked by George Lucas to direct episodes of the upcoming Star Wars live action television series.

- A script review of Robert Rodriguez's upcoming magical family adventure feature "Shorts".

- New DVD versions of the "Indiana Jones" films and the trilogy are coming out May 13th, nothing much new and more importantly no word of a Blu-ray edition.

- Julianne Moore will guest star as Bree Van Der Kamp's sister in a three episode arc, including the season finale, of "Desperate Housewives" this season.

- Some set photos are out for the upcoming Adam Sandler starrer "Bedtime Stories".
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080228c.php

Recent online rumors of a sequel to the 1984 family friendly science fiction classic "The Last Starfighter" was about to go into production are false.

The talk started at Cinema Blend where it was stated that George Paige and Associates were developing the project with Relativity Media.

Whilst the project is listed on that company's site, Film Buff Online talked with an unnamed spokesperson for the company who said while it is in development, there is no truth to the story that the film is ready to begin principal photography.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080306a.php

Producers for the upcoming 22nd James Bond flick "Quantum of Solace" have decided not to film at the famed Inca Citadel of Cusco in Peru because of unpredictable weather conditions reports MI6.

According to Margarita Morales from Iguana Productions, the Peruvian company that was to assist EON, the production company "aren't going to film anymore because special film conditions, which don't exist anymore, were required. The suspension is mainly due to climatic changes." Morales adds that filming had not been canceled because of protests or conflicts taking place in the region.

The production itself is continuing apace and about to finish up its several week stint in Panama which has been doubling for Bolivia in the film. The cast and crew, most notably Daniel Craig, new Bond girl Olga Kurylenko and the villain Mathieu Amalric, will arrive in Chile on March 23rd to film more scenes.

The two-week long shoot will encompass one famed location - North Chile's Atacama desert, the driest place on Earth. Caught between the Pacific Ocean and the Andes, the region hasn't seen any significant rainfall in over four centuries. An action sequence involving a plane landing will be shot there.

Meanwhile The Daily Bulletin reports that a three-week shoot took place in Mexico early last month in which pilot Steve Hinton flew a Marchetti, an Italian military trainer jet, outfitted with machine guns. Hinton says "I'm the typical bad guy, trying to shoot down James Bond, who's flying in another airplane."

Finally, British actor Tim Pigott-Smith ("V for Vendetta", "Gangs of New York") has been cast in a small role as the British Foreign Secretary who'll no doubt be clashing with M (Judi Dench).

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080306k.php

Jason Reitman ("Juno") is attached to direct and Jim Carrey will star in Fox Atomic's comedy "Pierre Pierre" reports the trades.

Written by Edwin Cannistraci and Frederick Seton, the politically incorrect story, dealing with racism, sexism and Europeans, centers on a self-indulgent French nihilist (Carrey) who is entrusted to transport a stolen Mona Lisa and in the process falls back in love with his homeland.

"Pierre" will not be the Oscar-nominated Reitman's next project however so no dates are yet set.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080306j.php

Scribe William Monahan ("Kingdom of Heaven," "The Departed") is in discussions to adapt and produce an American remake of the Korean thriller "The Chaser".

Leonardo DiCaprio is circling the lead role of an ex-cop who goes on the warpath trying to find a missing girl.

The girl, who may or may not be alive, is being used by a serial killer to taunt the police. The story is loosely based on the exploits of a real-life serial killer.

Warner Bros. Pictures just picked up the remake rights to the project and is developing with Vertigo Entertainment's Roy Lee and Doug Davison.

"Chaser," from director Na Hong-jin, has been a hit in Korea, grossing more than $20 million in just three weeks.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080307j.php

Director Mike Newell ("Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire") will lens action adventure pic "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time" in Morocco for producer Jerry Bruckheimer and Disney Pictures says Variety.

Based on the best-selling video game series, the live-action feature is scheduled to film in the North African country in mid-June - actor's strike notwithstanding.

The rest of the film's shoot will take place at London's Pinewood and Shepperton studios.

Jeffrey Nachmanoff ("The Day After Tomorrow") and vidgame creator Jordan Mechner penned the script for the film scheduled for release July 10th 2009.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080307k.php

I really hate Keith Morrison. He's a terrible news reporter. That is, if you consider DatelineNBC news. 8)

Reese Witherspoon, Hugh Laurie, Will Arnett, Seth Rogen, Stephen Colbert, Rainn Wilson, Kiefer Sutherland and Paul Rudd will all be voicing characters in DreamWorks Animation's 3D "Monsters vs. Aliens" reports the trades.

The story reinvents the classic '50s monster movie as a modern-day action comedy and centers on California girl Susan Murphy (Witherspoon), who is unexpectedly clobbered by a meteor full of outer space gunk and mysteriously grows to 50 feet tall.

She is captured and held in a secret government compound. The world learns that the military has been quietly rounding up other monsters over the years, including the brilliant but insect-headed Dr. Cockroach, Ph.D. (Laurie) and macho half-ape, half-fish the Missing Link (Arnett).

Wilson plays the evil alien warlord Gallaxhar, Colbert is the US President, Sutherland is General W.R. Monger and Rudd is Susan's boyfriend, Derek. Rob Letterman ("Shark Tale") and Conrad Vernon ("Shrek 2") will helm.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080312f.php

Is there a thread for Death Proof? Well obviously there isnt...but, I'm a bit unsure about its release in the US. Apparently it was released with another movie as a duel feature, maybe it has a thread.

Does anyone have any idea?

Come on, the latest Tarrentino! It deserves a thread!

^ if there's no thread, go ahead and create one yourself

alasdair

Klue said:
Is there a thread for Death Proof? Well obviously there isnt...but, I'm a bit unsure about its release in the US. Apparently it was released with another movie as a duel feature, maybe it has a thread.

Does anyone have any idea?

Come on, the latest Tarrentino! It deserves a thread!

search "Grindhouse"

Those eagerly anticipating the Summer 2010 release of the film version of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" will be sad to know that it has been delayed a few months.

The reasoning however is good. Warner Bros. Pictures intends to split up the last "Harry Potter" story into two separate films to incorporate all the action.

According to The Los Angeles Times, both films will be shot back-to-back with "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" opening November 2010 whilst "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" will finish the saga in May 2011.

David Yates, who helmed last year's "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" and this year's "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" is slated to return to direct both installments of 'Deathly Hallows'. Scribe Steve Kloves, who penned all but the 'Phoenix' adaptation, will also pen these scripts.

The move allows for a more complete adaptation of Rowling's 784-page tome which will please the fans, and gives the studio an extra chance to rake in profit from the franchise. All the cast have been confirmed to be returning for the fina feature.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080313a.php

I had a dream that Jennifer-Jason Leigh died last night. I just had to double check :(

ft.jpg

3 members and 40 guests 8o

^lulz.
I watched this last night.
13715-large.jpg

It was unbearably bor-ing. :p
Of course, I loved the book.

tribal girl said:
ft.jpg

3 members and 40 guests 8o
that is odd!

i wonder if people are googling for a film and they somehow end up stumbling in here?

before realising, in horror, that they're surrounded by filthy DRUGGIES!!! mwahaha =D

Interesting point there, felix.

mariacallas said:
^lulz.
I watched this last night.
13715-large.jpg

It was unbearably bor-ing. :p
Of course, I loved the book.

I bought this not so long ago. For years I thought Juliette Lewis was in it, and I always thought, "I must get that film some day". Well, I put it on and to my horror it was Daniel Day Lewis instead. How the hell can you make such a mistake?!. And after so many years?! :X

I switched it off as soon as I realised :\