View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Random shroom combos

Mycophile

Bluelighter
This is kind of random, and I'll make another similar thread about amanitas but I think that's too much for now. So, I haven't gotten to do shrooms for many years but finally I have some again. Since I last took them I've discovered kratom and Phenibut, so mainly I'm wondering:

How do shrooms mix with: 1) kratom by itself 2) phenibut by itself 3) kratom and phenibut?

And if you want, throw weed and nitrous into the mix as I have those and will be combining them as well, but I already know shrooms go well with weed and nitrous. I'm just not sure about the kratom and phenibut. Would most agree NOT to drink on shrooms? Some like it, but it sounds like barf city to me...

I have heard people say benzos and GABA drugs mess with psychedelics, so would Phenibut weaken the effects of shrooms? If so, that might be something to avoid. Not sure though. But I love kratom and I could possibly imagine just the right dosage of Kratom going well with shrooms.

What do you guys think?

I'm on vacation for the next 3 weeks give or take and got some different shit to have fun with lol...

I have mixed shrooms and phenibut. The phenibut took away the anxiety from the shrooms, but did not seem to ruin the trip.

i used to like to start drinking a few beers like when the trip was mostly over when i was what i'd consider an alcoholic (not saying if you do this you're an alcoholic)... i went to a party on a half 1/8th of shrooms and drank one time, it wasn't that bad like as far as barfing but i don't think it added to the visuals at all. i remember feeling pretty good. not something i'd really recommend either way. if you're not a big drinker i'd probably skip the experience... nitrous is crazy on shrooms though in my experience. weed is good too, but some people don't like it. i could see a person not liking nitrous though. lol. just totally out of this world. sounds like you've tried these combos though.

I would be cautious combining kratom in high doses with psychedelics. I highly suspect it contibuted to a psychosis I experienced. I may never know for sure, though. Lower doses of kratom are probably safe enough.

I would be cautious combining kratom in high doses with psychedelics. I highly suspect it contibuted to a psychosis I experienced. I may never know for sure, though. Lower doses of kratom are probably safe enough.
That really sucks. I hope you've gotten over some of it and it hasn't left permanent effects.

What do you consider a high dose of Kratom? Cause these days I can even usually get the best effects out of it but I've been taking between about 3.2 — 3.5 grams per dose.

That really sucks. I hope you've gotten over some of it and it hasn't left permanent effects.

What do you consider a high dose of Kratom? Cause these days I can even usually get the best effects out of it but I've been taking between about 3.2 — 3.5 grams per dose.
At the time I was taking 30g per day, in 10-15g doses.

But in a general sense I would say >6g is a high dose.

I do have permanent residual damage, but luckily they generally only manifest when I take certain drugs.

At the time I was taking 30g per day, in 10-15g doses.

But in a general sense I would say >6g is a high dose.

I do have permanent residual damage, but luckily they generally only manifest when I take certain drugs.
I'm very sorry to hear that, but glad you have some ability to manage it.

Did you mean you consider anything higher than 6 grams to be a high dose?

And do you know by what mechanism it happened to you and if it's ever happened to others? Cause it seems very unusual and like the kind of thing that wouldn't usually cause a bad reaction. I've never heard before that mixing kratom with psychedelics could be dangerous.

Did you mean you consider anything higher than 6 grams to be a high dose?
Yes

And do you know by what mechanism it happened to you and if it's ever happened to others? Cause it seems very unusual and like the kind of thing that wouldn't usually cause a bad reaction. I've never heard before that mixing kratom with psychedelics could be dangerous.
I can only speculate. In fact, for a few years afterward I didn't think kratom had anything to do with it. I was also an alcoholic and went on a reckless 5 month "binge" on psychedelics when that occurred.

However, after I recovered, kratom in high doses will give me odd internal hallucinations, basically identical some that occurred in that psychosis. Yet, I have used LSD 20+ times since that episode and never had any issues at all. This leads me to believe kratom may have been a major causative factor... but I'll never know for sure.

For awhile I believed the mechanism was related to my serotonin system, but kratom raises dopamine levels. There is both the serotonin and dopamine hypotheses to psychosis. The dopamine version generally features true delusions, but I never experienced delusions or paranoia.

All I can do is speculate, and am far from qualified to do so. I'm no neuroscientist.

Yes

I can only speculate. In fact, for a few years afterward I didn't think kratom had anything to do with it. I was also an alcoholic and went on a reckless 5 month "binge" on psychedelics when that occurred.

However, after I recovered, kratom in high doses will give me odd internal hallucinations, basically identical some that occurred in that psychosis. Yet, I have used LSD 20+ times since that episode and never had any issues at all. This leads me to believe kratom may have been a major causative factor... but I'll never know for sure.

For awhile I believed the mechanism was related to my serotonin system, but kratom raises dopamine levels. There is both the serotonin and dopamine hypotheses to psychosis. The dopamine version generally features true delusions, but I never experienced delusions or paranoia.

All I can do is speculate, and am far from qualified to do so. I'm no neuroscientist.
Thanks.

Well, I hope you improve. You seem to be able to still think quite clearly so at least that's a plus.

Not sure about shrooms, but I've mixed all of those with various psychedelics throughout my life.

Kratom is okay, but it doesn't add anything. I would only take it with the psychedelic because I was physically dependent. If you're not physically dependent then I'd say wait until the comedown before taking anything. The combo isnt bad, but I feel the kratom kind of dampens the trip in a way. Not in the same way benzos do. Just a mild slowing down of the mind that seems to be trying to fight against the psychedelic, and I dont really like that sensation while tripping. It is nice for the comedown. Once you're past your peak and wanting to relax but still a little wired, its good then.

Phenibut is awesome with psychedelics. I'll often take a dose a few hours before a psychedelic so that it's fully kicked in when the trip hits. It lowers anxiety and pushes the trip in a positive direction without getting rid of the positive effects of psychedelics like benzos do.

Nitrous and psychedelics are is awesome but very intense. that said I haven't had a bad time with that combo.

Weed, depends on the individual. I used to smoke a ton of weed when tripping when I was younger. In recent years weed has turned on me and frequently makes me an anxious wreck. I still seem tto be able to handle it better with a psychedelic in my system, oddly enough, but I still have to be careful with how much I smoke

Well I've never mixed Kratom and shrooms but one time I had an ounce of shrooms and I pretty much ate 11 grams within the course of a night and the next day I was freaking out so I took a Seroquel to take the anxiety and panic away, I was in Suboxone withdrawal so I got a new prescription and I took a Suboxone on top of the Seroquel, then I decided to eat about 4 grams of shrooms and a THC edible but because I took Seroquel and Suboxone it was blunting the shroom trip plus tolerance so i decided to smoke a joint and the weed kicked up the shrooms and i started tripping. Everything I thought about I could see vividly in my minds eye, the body high was really peaceful and I felt connected to everything and everyone. Anyway that's my random combo, but I would think the Kratom might blunt the shrooms or the physical euphoria of Kratom might compliment the body high from shrooms pretty well