• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Share Quotes that have always stuck with you

"The people with the greatest capacity for good are also the people with the greatest capacity for evil" - Saint Augustine

"Please, God, make me good....but, not yet" - Saint Augustine

"Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind."

— Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance

"The locks are off duty "

That was a personal quote from a boy named Bobby T back in 2007. We all lived in a single bedroom apartment. 6 of us off and on. We shared drug sale duties. He was upset because one of the girls said she was off duty for the night. So when she walked outside briefly, he slammed and locked the door and screamed "yea, well the locks are off duty!" . It's not famous it was just funny to me at the time.

Probably the funniest drug users I've met used meth. Second probably alcohol. God he was unhinged but very funny.

“This is what you shall do; Love the earth and sun and the animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown or to any man or number of men, go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of families, read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life, re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency not only in its words but in the silent lines of its lips and face and between the lashes of your eyes and in every motion and joint of your body.”

Walt Whitman - Preface to ‘Leaves of Grass.”

Apparently only stuff from hardcore rap seems to stick I always revert to this delinquent lifestyle despite all the wholesome inspiring nonfiction and myriad quotes I have read intensely

the joke is on me I am the chump scrub who wishes he were living large.

quotes at this point don't do anything for me I am so far gone I am starting to think what's the point for some reason I am an addict who cannot live a life without addiction enslaving and killing me?!

Apparently only stuff from hardcore rap seems to stick I always revert to this delinquent lifestyle despite all the wholesome inspiring nonfiction and myriad quotes I have read intensely

the joke is on me I am the chump scrub who wishes he were living large.

quotes at this point don't do anything for me I am so far gone I am starting to think what's the point for some reason I am an addict who cannot live a life without addiction enslaving and killing me?!
Never too late to turn things around. I feel you though.

Actions speak louder than words.

If you stay quiet to avoid a conflict, you'll be at war with yourself.

If you don't want to be disappointed, only help those who help themselves.

Sometimes you have to stop seeing the best in people and start seeing what they show you.

Sometimes being alone is the upgrade.