European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Quick Question?

Doody OD

Bluelighter
Well silly question in a way, however, American Gangster was on the TV last night and it had me thinking, you know on TV they add a few drops of some chemical to heroin which provokes a chemical reaction showing it to be heroin. Does any know what the chemical or chemical are that are used to show the presence of diamorphine?

Apparently it goes a purpley red with marquis reagent although I have never tried this myself. I have marquis and will try it out next time I get some gear, if I do.

I'm sure there are better reagents for opiates. A melting point test could be used to check purity, like in The French Connection. Very easy test - a test tube, water or oil bath, heating element and thermometer.

Cheers mate, if you go ahead and do it, post the result please. It is just one of those things I wondered on but never got an answer. I even asked a pharmacists in work and they couldn't answer!

What is marquis reagent?

Marquis reagent is a mixture of sulphuric acid and formaldehyde I believe. You can buy it already mixed up. Very handy to have around if you take ecstasy. Scrape off some of the pill and put a drop or two of the reagent onto the powder. It should go dark purple/black if the pill is MDMA. If it doesn't the pill should go in the bin. There are so many dodgy unscrupulous fuckers pressing pills with all kinds of shite in them nowadays.

There was some bloke on here a while back who claimed he had personal heroin purity test kits that he'd purchased "in the 'Dam".

He was quite cagey about it once people started to ask questions though. Especially when it emerged from his description that said 'kits' were straight out of an episode of The Wire. :D

The same bloke was also claiming some ridiculous purity level for his smack as well. I had him down as a total fantasist to be honest.