• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Quick phenibut withdrawal question.

flyguy88

Greenlighter
My last dose of phenibut was 10 days ago on a monday, I felt horrid on Wednesday(once phenibut left my system has a long half life) day 2-5 panic attacks, extreme fatigue and depression but on day 7 i started to feel relatively back to normal.

I was using phenibut every 3rd day, 2 day off 1 day on for only about a month. I had a very pleasant experience with phenibut so i was wondering when can i safely take phenibut again? my doses were about 1g and one day i took 3g max, I'm just worried about 'resetting' my withdrawals. (Also my new plan is to take once a week max.)

My last dose of phenibut was 10 days ago on a monday, I felt horrid on Wednesday(once phenibut left my system has a long half life) day 2-5 panic attacks, extreme fatigue and depression but on day 7 i started to feel relatively back to normal.

I was using phenibut every 3rd day, 2 day off 1 day on for only about a month. I had a very pleasant experience with phenibut so i was wondering when can i safely take phenibut again? my doses were about 1g and one day i took 3g max, I'm just worried about 'resetting' my withdrawals. (Also my new plan is to take once a week max.)

Never. If you became dependent once, you will never be able to use it safely again. If you really think you need to use once a week... I'd wait a couple months first.

Never. If you became dependent once, you will never be able to use it safely again. If you really think you need to use once a week... I'd wait a couple months first.

Thanks for the response, so if i ever use it again i'll instantly get shot back into withdrawals? That is strange.. i've used other drugs again which i had become dependent on and became clean without a issue.. care to elaborate?

Thanks for the response, so if i ever use it again i'll instantly get shot back into withdrawals? That is strange.. i've used other drugs again which i had become dependent on and became clean without a issue.. care to elaborate?

No, I dont mean one use will send you back into withdrawals. What I meant was any drug that you have been addicted to is very difficult to use moderately afterwards. You could easily slip back into daily usage.

Last edited:
Do, I dont mean one use will send you back into withdrawals. What I meant was any drug that you have been addicted to is very difficult to use moderately afterwards. You could easily slip back into daily usage.

Correct. And it will take less using to initiate withdrawals then it did the first time and the withdrawals each time you experience them will also likely be more intense. Kindling effect.

That is all true, but do you guys really think 1g of phenibut every three days was a dependence?

Half-life alone means OP should have had WD by the time the sun set on the first day he quit.

I think OP may have suffered a not-nearly-withdrawal-syndrome-level withdrawal, based on expectations of a terrible time.

A bit extreme there, Mr. Pickles; you could have looked closer at his numbers.

Then again, I could have taken less than three days to read the phenibut thing I re-downloaded.

Half-life alone means OP should have had WD by the time the sun set on the first day he quit.
Not true. Phenibuts effects on gaba continues long after it has been excreted. Withdrawal can take 48 hours to show up. and 72 hours to peak.
I think OP may have suffered a not-nearly-withdrawal-syndrome-level withdrawal, based on expectations of a terrible time.
Yeah.. I wouldn't expect his current dose to have much withdrawal, but it looks like he did. Which means it will probably be worse next time.
A bit extreme there, Mr. Pickles; you could have looked closer at his numbers.

Maybe a bit extreme.... but phenibut withdrawal is a horror show... and OP is riding a dangerous line.

Here is a thead where buddy goes into full psychosis just from reducing his phenibut dose. Scary stuff.

http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/836...ION-(Big-Doser)?highlight=phenibut+withdrawal

Last edited:
Pickles, that's not how phenibut works. It doesn't change GABA levels, at least not with the kind of use OP had. The anti-anxiety effects are from non-GABA receptors anyway.

You should understand that withdrawals do not get progressively worse with each occurrence. You may be more likely to experience symptoms of withdrawal, the more you go through, but kicking an eight-year heroin habit is still going to be worse than after a single day-long relapse five years later. If your statement was true, no drunk would live past thirty.

Your basis for phenibut withdrawal even existing, much less as a "horror show" come from one anecdote.

Never. If you became dependent once, you will never be able to use it safely again.

I didn't even need you to respond, but since you're here, ^that statement. It has too many scare words. You also declare OP was dependent, which he could not have been, physically at those doses. Of course he can use "safely" again. It's this kind of scare-mongering that give people like OP panic attacks from stuff like phenibut in the first place.

But just, be a little nicer next time--actually, you can stay a smartass sometimes, just don't be post #2.