Quick goodbye to everyone.

wowz... that was an awesome response! i'll bet he sure wasn't expecting this deus ex machina

To all the Bluelighters who helped Mepat last night - a great big thanks from his Mum, Dad, Uncle and Brother. Pat is in Canberra hospital and will be there for a few days. Very much out of it still but recovering. Now we have to find out what got him to that state. Was it just the drugs or are they just a symptom of what was happening in his life? None of the friends I have spoken to saw this coming and neither did we. Once again, our heartfelt thanks and especially to the young man who found Pat's home number and rang me last night. His freinds Alex and Carly found him and got him to emergency in time.
Pat's Mum

^ Wow. My heartfelt condolences, Pat's mom. I hope he will be okay, and I'm sure that whatever caused him to take that downward spiral will be brought to light now. I hope you understand, even though many people on this website seem to glorify drug use from time to time, we are strictly here for harm-reduction, because people tend to use drugs, and we want them to live through it.

Much love to you, ma'am.

I am so very happy to be a part of BL. ALL of the members, admin., and mods are great here. We all work well as a trinity, but then we go a step more and became family. Much love to everyone, and especially to Patrick and his family. We need to continue to help people in their darkest hours, and I am so thankful to the people involved to getting Patrick help, and to this we can smile because we do help people and are very close to our members. We are a tight community in BL for sure. %) :D %)

Patsmum, I'm so glad to hear that he is ok.

While it's true that we are a group of drug users, it's things beyond the drugs that take a person to that point of giving up. I don't know Pat very well at all, but when a person takes it to that extreme, there are underlying things that would lead him to take it that far and believe that he has no hope.

Drugs can be for inner exploration, good times, or really take on a bad path of trying to supress feelings that really need to be dealt with.

I really appreciate you all posting here and letting us know that he was ok.
I'd also like to thank his friends who found him and got him care in time.

:D

I just read this and was in tears. I hate this addiction sickness with a passion. I'm around it all the time and see people dropping left and right. I hope this person has his moment of truth and surrenders. It is also nice to see all of you people care so much.

wow that was by far one of the most amazing things ive ever seen come from the internet....good to hear hes alright....he seems to have a really good and caring mother so im sure he will be fine

That's good news. A lot of people would not have gone to these lengths to help, it's a really good sign of all you guys:)

Quick goodbye to everyone

To all the Bluelighters who were on line last night and heard Mepat's cry for help - THANK YOU for your concern and actions. Particular thanks to the young man who found Patrick's home number and phoned me. His friends Alex and Carley took him to emergency and he is doing OK. He'll be in hospital for at least three days. His friends seem to have no idea that he was depressed or doing drugs and neither did we. Now we have to help him on the road to recovery. Once again thank you for your concern and I'm sure Patrick will be in touch when he is able.

my thoughts and best wishes go out to mepat and his family throughout this extremely difficult time. :)

well what can i say, i felt kinda...emotional reading that!

a bit like a sad film with a happy ending is the best i can equate it to.

hats off to you though

Be sure to give him our love!
24.gif

I will not tolerate any more cluttering up this thread. No more warnings, okay Ravr?

:)

nuff said.

Also, pat, if you ever do that again, I am personally flying to Australia and smacking you upside the head. I've needed a reason to get over to your silly dingo land, and you're as good a one as I'm going to find. I'll bring you cookies. :D

mepat1111: thank god you posted here in TDS- otherwise we would have lost another bluelighter. Its really refreshing to see your mum here reporting back as well. BL is really for the families of drug users as well, theres a few mums and dads of bluelighters around who care enough about their kids to find out about their often secret choice of lifestyle.

Mepat's mum- hope you stick around and maybe get your own screen name, you wont be the only mum on the board! :D