• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Quick benzo question.

Misterx1976

Bluelighter
Hey folks, I’m currently using Benzos, let’s say 10mg of diazes every 2 nights, I’m wondering how long it takes for my body to get dependant on them and how much, I’ve been missing a day or two so I don’t start withdrawals, if I was to take 10mg every night how long does it take for me to feel I’ll if I don’t have any? 1 week? 2 weeks? More?
thanks very much 👍👍

@Misterx1976
Unfortunately pal, missing a 'day or 2' isn't going to be enough.
The half life of diazepam is something like 200 hours (Wikipedia will confirm).
So it's in your system for a longgg time. Even week long breaks aren't long enough to avoid getting hooked.
Maybe if you want to avoid getting hooked, think about switching to shorter acting benzo like etizolam or Xanax.
Although unfortunately again, regularly using benzos will normally always end up with dependance. And coming from someone who's been there before, you really REALLY don't want to go there.
You are playing with fire.
You need to ask yourself why you are taking them? Anxiety? Help with sleep? Painkilling? Relaxation? There are non lethaly addictive alternatives out there for all those reasons.
We are here to help.

@Misterx1976
Unfortunately pal, missing a 'day or 2' isn't going to be enough.
The half life of diazepam is something like 200 hours (Wikipedia will confirm).
So it's in your system for a longgg time. Even week long breaks aren't long enough to avoid getting hooked.
Maybe if you want to avoid getting hooked, think about switching to shorter acting benzo like etizolam or Xanax.
Although unfortunately again, regularly using benzos will normally always end up with dependance. And coming from someone who's been there before, you really REALLY don't want to go there.
You are playing with fire.
You need to ask yourself why you are taking them? Anxiety? Help with sleep? Painkilling? Relaxation? There are non lethaly addictive alternatives out there for all those reasons.
We are here to help.

oh no really? I take them both to sleep and for anxiety, I do have a selection of them, Xanax, Etazolam and diazepam, I also take stem and vein kratom, I started so I could try and stop taking kratom as I’ve been using that for 3 years and was sick of worrying about withdrawals, I haven’t had any actual kratom since the start of the lockdown in March as I saw it as a good time to stay home and get off it, now I just take a small amount of stem and a diazepam/Xanax/Etizolam/Temazepam every other day, do you suggest stopping them altogether? That’s very disappointing and worrying reading what you have said,I thought I was doing the right thing, is benzo withdrawal worse than kratom or heroin? Been through both of thoseso that’s my only comparison

thanks very much

oh no really? I take them both to sleep and for anxiety, I do have a selection of them, Xanax, Etazolam and diazepam, I also take stem and vein kratom, I started so I could try and stop taking kratom as I’ve been using that for 3 years and was sick of worrying about withdrawals, I haven’t had any actual kratom since the start of the lockdown in March as I saw it as a good time to stay home and get off it, now I just take a small amount of stem and a diazepam/Xanax/Etizolam/Temazepam every other day, do you suggest stopping them altogether? That’s very disappointing and worrying reading what you have said,I thought I was doing the right thing, is benzo withdrawal worse than kratom or heroin? Been through both of thoseso that’s my only comparison

thanks very much

I haven't been through opiate withdrawals. Some people say benzo withdrawal is worse, some say opiate is worse. Benzo withdrawal can kill you though. Whereas afaik opiate withdrawal just makes you feel like you're dying, and want to die.
If you stuck to just etizolam you would be alot safer, as long as u did have days off, or only used it every other day, as iirc the half life is something like 20 hours compared to diazs 200. Xanax is only 6-12 but etizolam is more friendly. I think temaz is pretty short too, but yeah diazepam is way too long acting to stay safe.

@Misterx1976
For sleep, have you ever tried;
Diphenhydramine
Promethazine
Valerian root
Magnesium
Melatonin
Z-drugs

For anxiety have you ever tried a beta blocker eg propanalol?

Have you asked your doctor for anxiety and/or sleep meds?

@Misterx1976
For sleep, have you ever tried;
Diphenhydramine
Promethazine
Valerian root
Magnesium
Melatonin
Z-drugs

For anxiety have you ever tried a beta blocker eg propanalol?

Have you asked your doctor for anxiety and/or sleep meds?

no never tried any of those, yes my doctor prescribed me citalopram, buspirone and trazadone, the buspirone didn’t really help and I haven’t really tried trazadone, I just bought some Benzos and I just started them as I was given them to help with heroin detox 20 years ago and I remembered they helped me sleep

thanks for your kind help

@Misterx1976

I personally wouldn't touch citalopram or trazadone, not heard of the other one.
Diphenhydramine, promethazine, valerian, magnesium and melatonin you can easily get, cheap, over the counter, off the shelf or online.
Valerian, magnesium and melatonin are all natural/herbal stuff. I'd try those first. You can them for less than five sheet. Can find them in most supermarkets or pharmacys.

Diphenhydramine (DPH) and prometh are chemicals, anti-histamine. Again less than a fiver for a box of 20 from most pharmacys.
As far as I'm aware neither of the 5 are physically addictive.

Propanalol on the other hand you would need to get from your doctor.

If I was you I'd shop around for a different doctor and see if you can find one who isn't some cunt who wants to fob you off with prescriptions of anti depressants for fucking anxiety and insomnia. There's plenty of them out there who think differently. People too often think they are stuck with the first doctor they get assigned to.

Also, you're welcome 🙂