• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Questions regarding generic pregablin

totach

Bluelighter
Ok, so I’m new to pregablin . Picked up my seconds script yesterday . Last month I went thru 120X75mg in 10 days and then had to wait for my next refill . This time I got 90X100mg cuz I knew the pharmacist I use stocks them and I wouldn’t have to wait for them to order the 75mg ones . So my question is if I keep doing this will I experience the horrid withdrawals evreyone talk about with lyrica/pregablin. 10 days on at about a gram a day and then 20 days off . I would like to think I have the self control for a different type of schedule if someone can recommend one . I really like the drug but I don’t want to get withdrawals . Another question is am I taking to much for a beginner? I’m just used to taking as much as I can you know (addict behavior) . If I have no tolerance to it would I get that nice buzz at lower then 750-1000mg doses? I also am prescribed 45X2mg Xanax bars . So is there a cross tolerance? Would one boost the effects of the other?
sorry for all the questions . I know there’s a lyrica megathread but with all the questions I figured id make my own thread . If you mods want to merge it then that’s cool .
Thank you

start at 500 tops. any more might actually be uncomfortable. if that effects you fine, i mean go slow man... tolerance develops FAST with the stuff believe me.

stay safe
~Zonxx

i will say, don't use them for more than a few days at a time, BUT tolerance quickly goes away too. so just yeah you'll figure it out. but do it with safety as priority.

Thanx zonxx, Im not sure i have the self control to skip days . So I guess I main question is would 10 days on and 20 days off cause me withdrawal? I know its a stupid question and I’ve bin reading tons about lyrica all these years but I’m now that I finally have them in my hand I’m terrified of withdrawal . I’m a lucky one when it comes to benzos I can skip days no problem and even stop them completely with little to no discomfort (just no sleep which is horrid ) which is why I take Xanax .
This lyrica makes me feel so good . Better then even opiates would do at this point in my life . Last month when I got my first script . I went through the script in 10 days 120X75mg. The first day without any was ok cuz It was still in my system . I’ve read a few studies and the best number to go by for half life is 6 hours . But the following 3 days after the first day were not so pleasant . My sleep became disturbed and I started waking up in a sweat . So I wasn’t sure if maybe the sublocade is still leaving my system or if it was the lyrica .
Since I’m still pretty sure I have bupe in me 3 months later I believe those 3 days of not feeling so hot was due to the lyrica . But is that even possible that after 10 days of abuse with no history of ever taking pregablin that I would get those symptoms ? I’m sorry if I keep repeating myself but I’m just scared cuz I found a new drug I really like but don’t want to get hooked .
so I listend to your suggestion of 500mg and I liked it . It did there trick and I wasn’t nodding out like I do at a gram . Nodding out is not enjoyable to me anymore. Does lyrics make anyone else here nod out aswell in high doses? . The 500mg just made me feel nice and chill.
what about the cross tolerance with the Xanax ? Is there any? I haven’t tried taking just the lyrica without a stick . I should try and see how I feel , maybe I can just stop taking the Xanax completely but then i would forsure have to up my lyrica. I hope it lasts longer then 10 days this time . The part that scares me is that I was really looking forward to go to the doctor to get my script . Even when I run out of Xanax early I’m not in a rush to get to the doc for my script .
Btw do you guys get refills on your pregablin Eventho it’s a controlled substance? Because my bottle says 2 refills but I’m not sure if it’s a mistake.

10 days is enough to develop a mild dependence especially if you keep upping your dose. 20 days off is good, but you will notice withdrawals during your off periods if you keep increasing the dose regardless.

And no, there's not really any cross tolerance between pregabalin and benzos as they have a different mechanism of action, but combining the two will potentate the effects of both.