View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Questions on LSD

emigoesrawr

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm wanting to try LSD for the first time and I wanted some advice. Is it okay to take lsd while on 40mg of celexa and 1mg of ativan? I'm terrified of serotonin sydrome, which I have unfortunately experienced once with zoloft and I want to know if lsd could trigger serotonin sydrome mixed with my celexa. Also I have horrible anxiety and I'm scared of freaking myself out on lsd and throwing myself into a bad trip. Weed even triggers me to have panic attacks occasionally because my anxiety is so bad. :( I seem to be very sensitive to drugs, but I really want to experience lsd. If I were to freak myself out on lsd is there anything that I can do to lessen the trip? What are your recommendations? Do you think lsd would be okay for me to try with how bad my anxiety is? I have some close trustworthy friends that I plan on doing it with who are experienced with the drug, but before I jump into it I'd really like some advice, especially with someone who has bad anxiety as well and has tried it.

Google is your friend. But really, you shouldn't be taking psychedelics if you are on those medications. Wait til you're off of it, and therefore symptom-free, before you try them. Even then, realize you are taking risks and that you are responsible for it should anything happen, good or bad.

Generally speaking, no you shouldn't try them if your anxiety is uncontrollable. Literally everyone experiences anxiety because that's a part of human nature. Look at it the other way around, it's impossible not to worry about something at some point in your life. (Well, maybe not completely impossible, but you get the point. You gotta really not give a crap 24/7 otherwise). Okay, it's impossible. =D

Anxiety and depression runs in a never ending cycle. I've been through it too, and really you gotta break the cycle with your actions first. Thoughts don't mean as much if they aren't expressed through your actions.

Many people's experiences seem to suggest that benzos work. Idk because I've never had one myself, but it seems to work very well for lessening the intensity of trips. Take a deep breath, change your setting and try to understand the source of your "freak out." Be with people you trust or get a sober sitter. Also, don't be all like, "Omg, [he/she/I'm] on acid! It's crazy! Is something suppose to happen? What's gonna happen?" lol. Just relax, let it augment your existence and carry it with you on your day. It's nothing that groundbreaking, and if it is, then it only lasts for 12 hours. :)

Anyway, don't try it unless you're confident that you can handle it, or take the necessary steps to ensure people can assist you.

It is important for you to know ( to decrease anxiety ) that LSD plus ANY antidepressant (except MAOI) wont do anything but REDUCE the INTENSITY of the experiance. Let me explain with more precision.

LSD does not increase level of serotonin so no chances of serotonin syndrome there. unless you take alot of LSD(like 10 blotters) or buy something that is not LSD (these days the nBOME serie took LSD place on blotters because of the cheap way of making them and the fact that it can be sold on a blotter).

The goal of antidepressant is to increase level of serotonin so your brain, this will reduce the activity of most serotonin receptor while increasing avable serotonin. Basically what it does is make serotonin less potent on some receptors that can create anxiety (downregulation) while leaving more avable for another receptor that is useful in anxiolysis effect. One of the receptors that gets downregulated is the 5-HT2a which is responsible for psychedelic effect of psychedelic drugs. So by using antidepressant LSD has lot less receptors to hold on to which lead to LOWER psychedelic response.

Ativan will reduce the psychedelic response but only to a certain level while decreasing anxiety. It will mabe take off some magic but wont ruin any trip unless you take like 12mg. I often use oxazepam (my RX benzo) as a trip ender to either fall asleep or just chill out. It's also a good bad trip killer when you take as needed.

lol, there you go. The info is on your fingertips. :)