Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Questions about what happened while tripping my first time

mxyoung954

Greenlighter
Questions about what happened while SWIM tripped his first time

Hey everyone I just signed up so I can find out more about SWIMs trip. He is pretty confused still days later about it. SWIM tried shrooms for the first time on Sunday at his girlfriends apartment. He didn't have a scale, but split up what looked like 1/3rd of the 8th. He chopped it up and put it on a peanut butter sandwich. While he waited for it to hit him they put Alice in Wonderland. About 30-40 mins into it he started to shiver a lot. He also began to sweat and couldn't decide if he was hot or cold. SWIM was beginning to also yawn A LOT!! The movie started to become to much for him and he couldn't handle it. SWIM asked her if she could put on Rebelution on since he thinks it was starting to hit me.

Right when she put that on, he started soaring. He could close my eyes and see the music waves moving through the darkness brightly lit up in different colors. He felt so relaxed. She had a peace sign on her shirt so when he would look at her and close his eyes he could see the peace sign changing colors to the beat of the song. After a little bit of that it started to hit him harder.This is where he started to hallucinate.

SWIMs gf sang a high pitch part of the song and when she did thst he saw her eyes buldging out of her head like a cartoon and had to tell her to stop because he couldn't handle it. He felt so un easy and couldn't get comfortable anywhere. He got up to go outside her bedroom and into her hallway. Once he left the room, the hallway felt huge! And also very bare. All the knots in her wood floor where eyes looking at him and thst kind of freaked him out. He remembers being super nauseous when he would focus on something for more then a few seconds. He also remembers having to keep opening and closing my eyes cuz the visuals where crazy. He was seeing faces and eyes on everything! This went on for awhile.

When they went in the kitchen he remembers looking out on her patio and it looked like a dark, murky, foggy swamp. SWIM was like woahhh. She asked if he could get her a lemon out of the fridge so he did. As he grabbed one, they all had sad faces on them because they knew they were going to get cut. As she cut the one he gave her he got really sad because that was a life she just cut in half ( or so he thought lol) after pacing back and fourth for awhile he asked if they could go on a walk because changing places was helping him from all the hallucinations.

His gf and him got ready and walked outside. It felt so weird to him. It was dark and there was a new family moving in downstairs. As they walked by them it felt like we were in a different realm and they couldn't see them. The hallucinations started to fade away as they were walking and he was getting more of everything just was wavey and spiraling when he would look down the street.

When they got back inside after walking for 30 mins or so he started to feel like he was coming down. He wasn't getting the hallucinations. Just the patterns and waves thst everyone says happens. As those started to fade it's been almost 4 hours since SWIM took them. He started to feel like you do the next day after taking molly. He felt flattened and like he had no emotion. He thought to myself, is this really how reality is? Boring and just going through the motions like this?? After thinking like thst for awhile it went away and he started to feel normal again. Just felt like he was high on weed at that point.

There was a lot more details but he allready wrote a bunch and i have some questions about his trip.

Why did hehallucinate that much off of less than 2grams? Where the shrooms just super potent? Everytime his girlfriend would laugh her face started to morph and look scary so he would have to look away. It was weird for him lol.

Also, why didn't he laugh like everyone says they do on shrooms? He didn't start laughing until after the comedown when he stopped seeing shit. Was this a bad trip? He was really nervous before and wondering why the trip turned out like this.

Thanks. Hope some of you read this and can help me!

Last edited:
Sounds like the typical territory of a mushroom trip. I can't help but wonder if you simply got taken by surprise at the potency of psilocybin/psilocin - especially being your first time. If one is experienced and/or comfortable with the psychic imagery then they may well be laughing and happy, or perhaps expressing another positive experience. If the visual imagery is "crazy" as you report yours was, then it's understandable that one's emotions might be uncomfortable - this can of course be viewed as positive if you can relate it to aspects of yourself to which you can gain insight. Psychedelics can take even the most experienced users by surprise - especially if the dose has been underestimated. As you reported, your friends all seem to have a good time - I'm sure you'll be able to as well. You may just be a mushroom "soft head" - where small doses affect you much more than they would affect others. This would be a lucky situation - your store will last you longer and you don't have to chew so many of them (of course some people love the taste of them).

E

We don't swim here. I don't know of anywhere that still has swimmers, to be honest. It's a waste of your time and it's against the rules.

He didn't have a scale

So you have no idea what your dose is. Get a scale. They're cheaper than drugs. Using drugs without a scale can result in a surprisingly strong trip if you're lucky, and a lot worse if you're not. You don't want to wake up in the hospital.

couldn't get comfortable anywhere

This is true of almost every psychedelic experience I've had, and of every trip anyone around me has had. Psychedelics make you feel uncomfortable. That's why I like kratom or something similar for the come down. I've had a few trips with a pleasant body load (mescaline for one) but usually it's a mix of good and bad.

Why did hehallucinate that much off of less than 2grams?

Potency of mushrooms can vary quite a bit. Some people trip hard on ~2 gs. You have no idea how much you took. Mushrooms are inherently unpredictable.

I've grown mushrooms and done them plenty of times, nothing in your report is unusual or surprising for the substance you used.

Also, why didn't he laugh like everyone says they do on shrooms? He didn't start laughing until after the comedown when he stopped seeing shit. Was this a bad trip? He was really nervous before and wondering why the trip turned out like this.

No psychedelic is an on/off switch, and shrooms are especially unpredictable. I've had very somber, even terrifying trips on them. Your experience sounds like a challenging but not unsatisfying trip. Whether it's a bad trip or not is kind of up to you. If it was me, I'd call it a good trip. Crazy shit happened! You had a hell of a time! Mental preparedness can reduce anxiety. I think you were just caught off guard this time. That's kind of a hallmark of psilocybin.

I hope that was helpful!

Thank you for your replies! They definitely helped. Sorry about the SWIM, I had it all typed out and even posted it but got an email from signing up saying to use SWIM instead of myself so I went back and edited all lol. But ya. I bought a scale from Amazon and measured out how much I took, so it was 1.3 grams, which was pretty good since I was trying to take a third of the 8th. All of your info helped me, and I'm excited for next time!