• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Questions about meds and lsd or shrooms.

Dudeman11

Greenlighter
I am autistic and a very good person, but I have anxietc issues and I treat it with Xanax xr and ambien to help me sleep. Im not proud, but it helps. I do however want to experience a psychedelic experience, however I tried lsd but it didn't work because I'm on Xanax. If I stopped Xanax but continued ambien, would the lsd still work even if I take ambien every night? Also, if I still continued taking Xanax and ambien, would mushrooms still work on me? I don't really want to quit my meds, but I do want to have a trip as well. Thank you very much!

Wonderful meeting you. I am not a doctor, but I have many years of experience in psychiatric medication, and 40+ years of experience using psychedelics. I suggest you stay on your prescribed meds, and proceed as follows.

First, steer clear of mushrooms, they are high anxiety for a lot of people. I suggest you look into ALD-52, which is readily available online. Start with 1/4 blotter (30 mics). With little or no result, a week later try 1/2. With little or no result, a week later try 3/4. And carry on this way - adding 1/4 blotter (only) at no less than one-week intervals - until you notice very slight psychedelic effects. A week later try the same amount just to confirm your first impression. If little or no result, a week later add 1/4, and so forth, only until you discover your tolerance.

Once you establish your comfortable psychedelic tolerance (with mild affect), don't add any more until you have done the same amount successfully on at least three occasions and never advance more than 1/4 blotter at a time after that, or without waiting a full week. I further advise you not to dose more than once during any one session, and never smoke pot when your tripping - that can easily cause a bad trip. I would avoid tripping in public; choose a calm, familiar environment. And finally, always pick a nice sunny day.

This process may well take months, but if we can just get you up on the horse, I think you'll agree it was well worth the effort.

Feel free to email me privately at any time. Best wishes now and always.

Seen this? : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTehpkc1PNY

Last edited:
There's no shame in taking medication. You wouldn't be ashamed of taking an antibiotic or blood pressure medicine.

The above post has good information, especially that you should not trip in public or smoke weed. I would add that being outside in nature has always been important to having a good trip in my experience. And most importantly: prepare everything beforehand. Make sure you have food, water, and anything else you'll need during your trip easily available. Expect to be incapable of doing most things (like cooking, using electronics, and finding anything not out in the open). The worst trips I've had were indoors, involved weed and other drugs, and were not adequately prepared for.

Also, when the trip wears off there is a good possibility that you will feel pretty bad physically and/or emotionally. During or after the come down Xanax could be helpful. I often take kratom during the comedown because it deals with all physical and mental issues psychedelics tend to leave behind, while being safe and relatively non interactive with other drugs.

Good post!
Definitely stick to your prescriptions and there is absolutely no reason to feel ashamed!
The best advice I can think of has been said, starting off very slowly and finding your ground.
Make sure you are 100% ready for the experience as it's not like many other "highs". It's more of a complete mindset changer and not just a back ground feel good. Xanax should be fine if you find yourself starting to get anxiety (I personally smoke pot, but that's just what I am comfortable with)
OHHH and a fresh pair of socks right out of the package always sends me to a happy place if I start to feel down.
The outside will feel like you are inside and my personal best psychedelic experiences have been with people I trust very deeply around a camp fire.
The come up on lsd is personally my least favorite part about it as I tend to feel astonished and confused for the first two hours or so. The best part is when you are at that point where you are not sure if you are still tripping or not then you look at something and it starts spiraling and then you know you are still tripping. I find that to be the most pleasant feeling as it is normally followed with a new found appreciation for things you normally wouldn't think about. Once you get to know the trip a little better and you can actually hold conversation with people, it's always a good time. I've come to many self Revelations and helped many friends deal with issues they didn't feel like they could talk about with people, it really is a wonderful thing.
However, it can be very emotional. One of my friends got into a very deep personal experience about how her husband would lock her in a closet and make their newborn cry while she couldn't do anything because she was locked in the closet, we cried together for about an hour and she told me I must have been sent by an angel because she was so close to giving up, and knowing that I could help her in the way I did was such an amazing feeling that really stuck with me long after the trip as over.
Anyway, sorry for getting personal there lol.
Be safe, have fun and pleasant travels into the mind my friend. ✌?

Oh, one more thing!
Definitely stear clear of movies.
I watched the little kid musical movie "Strange Magic" once and I felt very weird dark undertones in the movie, even though it's a kids movie lol.

Oh, one more thing!
Definitely stear clear of movies.
I watched the little kid musical movie "Strange Magic" once and I felt very weird dark undertones in the movie, even though it's a kids movie lol.

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot this one.

I have NEVER had a good time watching a movie on psychedelics.

Watching a screen when tripping does nothing for me. I did enjoy the menu screen for Finding Nemo on repeat many years back.

Dudeman said:
I am autistic and a very good person, but I have anxietc issues and I treat it with Xanax xr and ambien to help me sleep. Im not proud, but it helps. I do however want to experience a psychedelic experience, however I tried lsd but it didn't work because I'm on Xanax. If I stopped Xanax but continued ambien, would the lsd still work even if I take ambien every night? Also, if I still continued taking Xanax and ambien, would mushrooms still work on me? I don't really want to quit my meds, but I do want to have a trip as well. Thank you very much!

Welcome to Bluelight! As others have said, there is no shame in taking medications. It sounds like you are using them responsibly to treat a genuine condition- what could be wrong with that? If they are useful to you, and it sounds like they are, who cares if people might judge you for this?

It does seem unusual that you didn't feel anything from LSD. Xanax shouldn't attenuate the effects completely; it should just smooth it out a bit, make it less frightening or stimulated, but the full spectrum of effects should still be present. From that, I wouldn't assume that you need to take a larger dose or anything; perhaps the LSD was of poor quality. Mushrooms also should work, but as has been mentioned, mushrooms do have a greater potential to cause anxiety and panic than LSD; I think you are better off sticking to acid or another lysergamide. Eve something gentler like 2C-B or 2C-D could be a better option, they are relatively tame (especially 2C-D) but still give the full spectrum of psychedlia.

I don't advise you to stop the xanax. This will probably cause withdrawals which is a pretty horrible thing to combine with psychedelics. I don't think its wise for anyone to stop a medication for the sake of a trip...

Take it easy :)