View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Questions about iv ketamine, everything is needed and helpfull

speedfreak999

Bluelighter
Ill have 20ml of the "Vet ket" and the questions are how To iv it, or i.m it.... I know crystal ketamine and those mxe etc but never ever tried ampoule ketamine. So it is 50mg/ml and how much it should take if i intravenously use it... Never have that ROA used. Thanks in advance

No firsthand experience with the needle, but I've considered it before and have read up on it a bit. The biggest hassle seems making sure to not give yourself infections by starting from dirty powders, so if you start from an ampule you're in a favorable situation.

This resource prepared me mentally for taking the plunge. You can have a look while you wait for an experienced user to summarize things for ya. K you want to take IM, so you can skip large parts of the ebook. From the top of my head, I've found the section about injection sites useful for instance.

Well all I can suggest is start low!! I’ve found IV Ketamine is about 10x potent as snorted. So adjust your dose accordingly.

-GC

Been meaning to try some IM or IV myself. Making a sterile injection from powder is actually really easy but you’re all set if you have a vial.

I’d try 50mg IM first since that’s easy and see how it goes

Yeh, if its pharmaceutical grade then just IM it. Can't comment on dosage as I've never used ket in a needle, but I used to IM MXE and that was pretty intense, IV would have just been overkill.

Yeh, if its pharmaceutical grade then just IM it. Can't comment on dosage as I've never used ket in a needle, but I used to IM MXE and that was pretty intense, IV would have just been overkill.
Yeah it can be that way really intense as Well like ive read about boofing liquid ketamine and that is not that "kiddie ket".... Its that whats here have been said, "vet ket"

Yeah it can be that way really intense as Well like ive read about boofing liquid ketamine and that is not that "kiddie ket".... Its that whats here have been said, "vet ket"

"Vet ket" and "kiddie ket" aren't actual things, they're just terms made up by dealers and users that have different meanings depending on whom you ask. Logically speaking, most ketamine should be called "vet ket", because most of it is probably being used to anesthesize various animals.

The actual active compound is either "ketamine" (i.e. racemic ketamine) or "esketamine". Racemic ketamine contains both the active "S"-ketamine and the near-inactive "R"-ketamine. Esketamine, as the name implies, is only S-ketamine; consequently, it is almost twice as potent by weight.

If your ket comes in a pharmaceutical vial, it should say what it is (i.e. ketamine hydrochloride or esketamine hydrochloride; some preparations may also contain an additional sedative called xylazine, which should also be mentioned on the vial).

I have a lot of experience with IV ketamine and MXE.

Make sure you are laying down and get the needle out FAST after you push the plunger. otherwise you will wake up after sustaining a bad fall or will wake up with the needle still in your arm tearing the skin apart and bleeding everywhere.

i took an IV standing up right next to the couth one time thinking i would have time. I didn't even have time to remove the needle and i woke up with a bad bump on my head.

I have a lot of experience with IV ketamine and MXE.

Make sure you are laying down and get the needle out FAST after you push the plunger. otherwise you will wake up after sustaining a bad fall or will wake up with the needle still in your arm tearing the skin apart and bleeding everywhere.

i took an IV standing up right next to the couth one time thinking i would have time. I didn't even have time to remove the needle and i woke up with a bad bump on my head.
why not IM and then you get this comfy 5-ish minute window to get your stuff together? I would never IV ketamine again, I just don't want to risk holing with a needle in me and coming to, that would be all sorts of "ok this is your wakeup call :|" for me.

When I would do it that way I deliberately used lowest-dose possible for mild-experience-exploration type effects, not to hole.

I don't recommend IVing Ketamine, it is very intense and fuck last time i did it I ended up in an ambulance when i came around because i blacked out in a restaurant bathroom. Another time i Iv'd 50mg and the dissociation made me forget i was human and proceeded to enter the multiverse for 20mins that seemed like an eternity.

why not IM and then you get this comfy 5-ish minute window to get your stuff together? I would never IV ketamine again, I just don't want to risk holing with a needle in me and coming to, that would be all sorts of "ok this is your wakeup call :|" for me.

When I would do it that way I deliberately used lowest-dose possible for mild-experience-exploration type effects, not to hole.

...simple answer: because heroin addicts like to IV every other drug they get their dirty hands on no matter what drug class it is. At least this is how i was back in my shooting days.

...simple answer: because heroin addicts like to IV every other drug they get their dirty hands on no matter what drug class it is. At least this is how i was back in my shooting days.
IM K tends to be way better with equipotent doses and it's just way longer lasting though.

I ALWAYS preferred snorting ECP. IV heroin wears off way too quick.

If IV heroin had LEGS like shooting meth... different story.

IM K tends to be way better with equipotent doses and it's just way longer lasting though.

I mainly used MXE and not K. So i was scared to IM due to the risk of abcess of a non medical product. If i had pharma grade K vials that would've been different. With MXE plugging was really good and "richer" than IV, I imagine plugging would be similar to IM (i never tried IM MXE) so i just stuck with plugging. Unless i mixing up MXE/dilauded shots which were a personal favorite.

With heroin itself (tar) i did prefer smoking it for some reason even though it wasn't as efficient. with ECP i always IVed. With oxy and dilaudid any other way besides IV was blasphemy for me.

But almost every RC stim or disso i tried i basically IVed also, except for purely 5HT agnoist classical type psychs. never IVed those.

Don't IV ketamine, it tends to kick in too quickly and people have harmed themselves doing dumb shit after blacking out. One of my pals I warned against taking K by IV did it and went tumbling down a staircase shortly after dosing, it turns out when yoiu're all K'ed out it looks a lot like brain damage gave everyone a scare and he went to rehab for it.

So stick to IMing. Depending on what you're aiming for, 50mg is a moderate experience, 100mg a strong one, 150mg the edge of unconciousness, more will be blackout zone and is pointless.

And yeah, the other thing is IM lasts longer than IV because you have a little depot of drug that is released slowly.

(also R-ketamine is not inactive; it is indeed active but more hallucinogenic/stimulant than an anesthetic - so pure S-isomer has faster recovery time and less side effects when used as a surgical anesthetic)

Yeah, but i decided then i.m ROA, and Holy SHIT BRO, yeah the 50mg i.m was just like the "sweet spot", but then i decided when that ride was over, To take another i.m and i took 2ml and yeah... That was too much 🤣🤣🤣🤣just about 5min i could somehow talk but then next what happened was when i woke up in next morning....

I forever regret the day I switched from snorting to the needle because frankly the high from snorting it is sooo much better. But... Economics and money beat out the increase in euphoria for me.

-GC

surprised nobody's mentioned getting the best of both worlds and doing an iv shot whilst waiting for the im dose to kick in
can confirm that when the doses are right it's the perfect method for getting the initial depth and intensity of iv without losing out on duration
works best with s-isomer imo because iv racemic never fails to give me a migraine
not that I'd actually suggest anyone do this who isn't well accustomed to both roas or anything though

I always IV s-ketamine. I weigh about 59 to 61 kg, and i take 1mg/1kg + some extra 10-20mg to make sure i Hit The hole... And i always prepare my enviroment to Be safe and i could not move/speak/respond to anything (because k-hole and laying on sofa/bed) in about 15-40minutes depending how many shots i have doing (usually i take ket shot after shot ~12hours, The More shots, The longer The hole is and you need more time to "come back" and adjust Back to this world after The deep ket world. I take my shots sitting on sofa/bed/comfortably on floor with pillows and make sure i lay down quickly after taking the needle out. And enjoy The ride ☺️