• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Questions about hotrailing, snorting vapor

Fornax55

Bluelighter
Hey, so I've got a couple questions about hot railing. Honestly, the whole concept doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. Maybe my question will explain why.

If hot railing really works the way it's supposed to, shouldn't you be able to get the same effect just by sticking a tube in your nose and taking a blast off of tin foil, inhaling it through your nose instead of through your mouth? (For what it's worth, I actually just tried that out of spite because I was trying to prove to myself that hot rails are stupid but it actually seemed to be quite effective.)

I've heard various explanations about how hot rails are supposed to work, none of which make any real sense from a physiological standpoint. Things like "getting more smoke into your lungs," or some such as if hotrails condensed and compacted the smoke so that more could fit into your lungs, and other such ideas that show clearly that whoever is suggesting them clearly isn't qualified to be.

So basically. When you hotrail, the crystal (or whatever) is vaporized at the base of the tube. That vapor is inhaled. Whatever isn't vaporized makes its way into your nasal cavities for absorption.

So basically you're just taking a fat hoot. With perhaps the addition of some insufflated material that will smooth out and enhance the duration.

People rant and rave about hotrails. I actually quite enjoy them myself, although I just like then sensation of blowing out a fat cloud after snorting something. I can't see that there's any benefit from doing them unless some of the smoke is absorbed through the membranes in your sinuses, which I doubt.

But if that IS the case... Then wouldn't nasally inhaling your tokes have the same effect? Or am I missing something about the whole hotrail thing?

seen it on an american documentary about meth, perhaps id try it someday. i dont think it has any advantage over vaping you drug of choice, with a dirtier feeling on top.

I have done a handful of hotrails and all I've noticed is that it uses more dope in less time and gets me just as high as if I'd just smoked a few hits off a bowl in a pipe. From personal experience I just don't think there's any real advantage to doing a hotrail.

Worth it for the fat clouds? If thats your favorite part of the smoking ritual sure. I like the spinning of the pipe and the crackback the most. Fat clouds are just a bonus to me.