• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question Regarding Physiological Insufflation Effects (Cocaine)

eternalxwar

Greenlighter
So, immediately after snorting, cocaine (or anything really) that is relatively pure - or at the very least, was cut with substances that are readily water soluble - my nose runs (duh).

The issue is that unless there's a shit-tonne of filler that isn't water soluble absorbing the mucous, the running starts within about 90 seconds of administration. This means that the said mucous has a decent amount of active chemical left. Using cocaine as an example, as it's the thing I generally have this problem most with, I can TASTE the drug if it happens to run down my lips, as well as feel the local anaesthetic effects. I don't exactly like wasting my money by wiping my upper lip, or licking it and trying to let the chemical be absorbed buccally or sublingually. I try to avoid sniffing much, as it hastens the actual drip, and makes it larger.

All that said, does anyone have tips to lessen or delay the immediate running effect? I've tried using smaller amounts over a longer period, but the result is more or less the same, albeit with less drug being lost as there's less in my nose at the time - but this is only in the short term, since over the experience the same amount ends up in my nose at one point or another.

The one thing I have thought of is using an anticholinergic such as diphenhydramine to simply lessen the mucous my nose produces. I'm hesitant to try this approach as I don't know what kind of interactions it would have with cocaine, nor do I know how less mucous may hasten damage to my nose or dampen the rate of absorption/nasal bioavailability.

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited: