• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Question regarding feeling normal or good.

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
I’m on eight mg of Suboxone. I told the nurse yesterday that I took Lortab and feel off the wagon. She said this is your only get out of jail free card and I said ok I will continue treatment.

My question is. Since I’m on eight I’m still having crazy cravings for something. Whether it be opiates or gabapentin. She told me to call her if I felt like I was going to use again. Is Suboxone supposed to give you that edge that just takes away the cravings for opiates or is it supposed to make you feel normal because what is normal?

I haven’t felt that way in like fifteen years. I’m thinking about letting them know if we can go to sixteen like originally planned and stick with that. When I was first placed on it I couldn’t handle the headaches.

Will Suboxone take away these cravings if eight isn’t doing it. I mean I’m always wanting to get high but not on the Suboxone.

From 8mg to 16mg is a big jump. You're just about coping on 8, so if you're going to have that conversation, I would suggest 10mg and take it from there.

Remember you're ultimately trying to get off this stuff, right? So being a little on edge isn't such a terrible thing as long as you're not pushed into uncontrollable cravings.

8 - 16 mgs is the standard blocking dose range, right? I doubt that you'll feel more of a "buzz" with 16 mgs but it might be more of an effective blocking dose (I've only ever taken bupe to get high, so I'm sure there are users with more informed opinions here...)

Ultimately though, if you still wanna get high, you'll find a way...why do you think crack or IV cocaine is so popular among some people on methadone or bupe maintenance? If it bothers you so much either find a way to integrate some recreational substance use into your life in a sustainable & healthy fashion, or (if you're one of those people who finds this impossible) abstain from drugs & try some personal improvement...that'd be my advice anyway.

I think both answers are great. I have to find an outlet or something because I’m trying to get clean. Gabapentin has been my drug of choice since 2010 and I’m tired of looking for something to help me feel real in the real world.

It has just been exhausting. I have a new relationship and have had some goals but those goals always went on the back burner. I’ve got to get my life straightened out.

I think both answers are great. I have to find an outlet or something because I’m trying to get clean. Gabapentin has been my drug of choice since 2010 and I’m tired of looking for something to help me feel real in the real world.

It has just been exhausting. I have a new relationship and have had some goals but those goals always went on the back burner. I’ve got to get my life straightened out.
I believe that's your answer, finding an outlet, a hobby, whatever to fill that gap. I don't think more sub is going to change anything.