• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Question for Poppy Pod Tea/Kratom Old Heads (RE: Pesticides)

NiceAppleTart

Greenlighter
From probably 2006 to maybe 2012 I was regularly consuming either kratom in its various forms (for the first and last couple years of that span) and poppy pod tea (for maybe a year or two).

Because I am neurotic, I am worrying myself about pesticides and harm I may have done to my body. Do any of you know much about the use of pesticides in making kratom? I mostly bought pods from a grower in the PNW, and I'm hoping they were sensible with pesticides since they knew where there pods were going to end up.

Have any of you been concerned about this? If I think about it too much I can freak myself out, so any soothing words would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

What's done is done. I doubt trustworthy kratom vendors use pesticides, outside of 3rd world countries, maybe, but I feel like the side effects would outweigh larger yields. P
Illicit poppies im not so sure about. If they were grown for seeds to be eaten likely the same story as the kratom.

For pods that I know were not treated I still took water and vinegar and wiped it down. With pods it was only paint on the colored ones that I ever found added.

With kratom a good trusty vendor that cares is needed and there are a few that are serious.

I stopped pods 14 years ago and did them since 1992. So if anything was on them my body said YUM and ate it up. :) And I am very healthy these days and take daily kratom.

It is ok to be neurotic. But humans are tough and the body is amazing how it adapts. But even so it is good to cautious and curious. Honestly I don't know how anyone these days would be careless. But I think you are good in both of these aspects.

It's probably no worse than eating vegetables from the supermarket that weren't organically grown.