question about warrants for unpaid tickets

yepyepwoah

Bluelighter
a while ago i got a bunch of tickets and never paid for them. i got some warrant notices in the mail today. They don't come to your house lookin for you over random traffic warrants right? Do they show up anywhere you get pulled over, or just in the county they were issued in?

i'm flat broke right now, and even if I wasn't there is no way i'm busting my ass to earn $1000 just to turn it all over to someone else for some bullshit like this. i'd rather sit in jail for 10 days, although i'd really rather avoid doing that.

can't you just pay a lawyer like $100 to take care of it and clear up the warrants and then set the court dates for the tickets so far back by the time they come around the officer won't even show up?

i'm not really worried about it, because these are never getting paid, but I'd definatly like to avoid going to jail.

Call the courts, find out when the next court date is, and go appear. Explain your situation to the judge. I know in my county some traffic warrants are jailable and some are not. Even if you don't get the jail time you desire, they'll set you up on a payment plan. Here they'd take $5.00 a month.

LisaLynn said:
Call the courts, find out when the next court date is, and go appear. Explain your situation to the judge. I know in my county some traffic warrants are jailable and some are not. Even if you don't get the jail time you desire, they'll set you up on a payment plan. Here they'd take $5.00 a month.

nah i'm not gonna walk up and offere myself up for jail. if they want me they can come get me. I might consult a lawyer for real when I get some scrilla, but right now I have $52 to my name.

i might take a $5 a month pay ment plan, but i owe ove r$800 so i doubt that will happen.

U may be in for a big surprise when U goto re-new your license.

No lawyer is going to handle this case for $100 and U can bet on that.

let me get this straght you would rather sit in jail for ten days instead of paying your fines?

most counties will take payments for fines ten days is a long time if you can avoid it
have you ever been to jail?

i mean you are one lazy sombitch if you would rather go to jail than work to get rid of this mess8)

johnnyb420 said:
let me get this straght you would rather sit in jail for ten days instead of paying your fines?

most counties will take payments for fines ten days is a long time if you can avoid it
have you ever been to jail?

i mean you are one lazy sombitch if you would rather go to jail than work to get rid of this mess8)

yeah i've been to jail thanks for asking.

i'm not lazy, i just have other things this money needs to go towards. i mean at this point i probably have $1400 or so worth of fines hangin around in various counties, do you know how long it would take to get all tha tmoney? that's money i could use to move out or fix shit on my car or this or that, not just hand over to some motherfuckers after busting my ass to save it for months.

PottedMeat said:
U may be in for a big surprise when U goto re-new your license.

No lawyer is going to handle this case for $100 and U can bet on that.

good thing it doesn't expire for about 4 years.

is there any chance of me getting arrested or anything like that when i try and go register my car into my name or renew the plates?