Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

question about visuals while tripping

Evolva

Greenlighter
hi there

ive been triping for several times now and what i noticed and couldnt argue with is that i get the most hard visuals and hulucinations while peeing

last time i actully saw myself became a skeleton for a few seconds untill i stoped peeing and 1 time before when i was peeing i saw myself in a mirror and when i ended peeing i realized there was no mirror at all on that wall

i also have to add that i barly get any hulucinations while tripping and only when i pee it happens

any 1 else experience that?

now that you mention it, i've experienced tripping harder while peeing too.

My visuals tend to be the most pronounced when i'm not focusing on anything, tuning out i guess. And peeing is a very "tuned out" activity, theres nothing to focus on (except aiming =D), you just stand/sit there and wait for nature to work its magic, so it makes sense to me that the visuals increase.
I know i've seen some pretty amazing fractals forming in the wall tiles in my bathroom.

I agree as well. One time on alot of mushrooms the toilet kept shrinking and became extremely hard to aim into. The bathroom has always been my 'Safe House' when tripping and some of my best psychedelic experiences happened on the john.

I've had some intense visuals while urinating. Usually when I piss I stare at the toilet bowl. When I focus on one spot without blinking my visuals always become more intricate and intense. I sat in my friends back yard and stared at the table I was sitting at for a few minutes on 2 hits of acid once. I don't remember how long I stared at it but by the time I stopped my visuals were so crazy I could no longer tell that I was looking at a table or that I was even in the same realm of existence.

I'd imagine that you'd get just as trippy / tuned out from your environment effects if you just stared off into space, or lied down with your eyes closed. :]
Try it more often, maybe!

The most intense visual experience for me was when I was sitting in my backyard alone, in the freezing cold, looking at the stars for a couple hours AFTER I smoked a bowl of mids. I could see - and hear to a small extent - the stars kind of "jamming out" to something that sounded like Lotus. Oh and Chuck Mangione too.

Last edited:
lol nice. yeah ive noticed that, but I also quickly got good making myself have visuals. Ive done a lot of mushrooms. I learned that if you dont blink and just stare blankly you have really good visuals. Like say your at a wooden picnic tripping. look down at the wood grain. dont blink and try to look through the earth. like dont look at the table, just stare through it.
works for me.
to tell the truth i dont even need to be tripping to do it cuz i know how. i can stare at (i mean through ;) ) my carpet and the darks and the lights will sway oposite of each other back and forth back and forth. the sway gets farther and farther until i blink or look up. i can sometimes move where i look too hahah.
i do it with my ceiling while laying down too.
but when your tripping and do this it really gets you places. for me when i try and look at the hallucination it fades. instead of just seeing it. u know? give it a try

I actually find it extremely hard to pee while tripping, I often don't pee at all until towards the end of the experiece. I'm not sure as to why and I'm never too sure as to whether ive drunk enough to pee in the first place but it damn well feels like I need to.

However I get the best visuals when I don't expect them. I usually dose and preoccupy myself for 1-2 hours while it kicks in and funnily enough half way through doing something I'll fall into neverland and come back to reality completely bewildered and amazed.

Ive tripped quite hard when going to the bathroom before too. Happened on ket and also once on lots of MDMA actually. On the MDMA i got kinda trapped in the mirror for ages just staring and on ket its happened a few times with different results.

Like someone said before I think it is the fact you are differing your situation briefly by either just changing room your in or detaching yourself from others for a while.

It's probably because your mind is focused on the task at hand which allows you to experience the visuals differently.

The more experience I have with psychedelics the better I become at guiding the visuals. First rule is to not 'look' too hard. See if you can let your eyes go slightly 'out of focus' and let the visuals stream through.

When I've pissed while on psychedelics (LSD and mushrooms-not at the same time) I did not notice an increase in visuals at all.

Dark rooms make me have more visuals but that's a no brainer.

hah, the first time I got OEV's, I was taking a crap and suddenly towels started breathing and things started shifting and morphing. :))

I also noticed that, while alone in the bathroom and trying to pee/take a dump, things get more intense..