• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question about using Weed to potentiate opiates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xGaffner

Greenlighter
When using weed to potentiate an opiate (Codiene for e.g.) is the increased high purely psychological or does the weed actually make the codeine toxologically more potent? Say for example a man takes a safe dosage of Codeine for him then 20 minutes later he smokes a joint which makes the Codeine high feel MUCH stronger, my question is, has the weed made the effects of the codeine actually physically stronger in your blood, or is the increased high purely mental? BASICALLY what im asking is, can Weed turn a SAFE Opiate dosage into an unsafe dosage by itself? Hope you guys understood what i mean, thanks.

Is pot going to cause you to have an opioid overdose? No. Smoking pot doesn't somehow make more codeine or what have you magically appear in your body.

Is pot going to cause you to have an opioid overdose? No. Smoking pot doesn't somehow make more codeine or what have you magically appear in your body.
Ok just to be clear, purely hypothetical here, say a guy took a dose that was JUST under an overdose, then the guy smokes a huge joint, no matter how much stronger the weed makes the opiate high feel, he is still safe because his original opiod dose wasn't an overdose? Am i understanding you correctly. Again i'd like to state this is purely hypothetical, i have ZERO intention of doing this.

If it's not an opioid overdose, it's not an opioid overdose. Obviously I'd never recommend anyone taking clearly dangerous amounts of any drug, but if someone were to do so, smoking pot on top of it probably wouldn't be something that they would be doing, at least not while experiencing a profound, potentially toxic dosage of an opioid. Doubt you would feel too great, and smoking on top would likely just add to the sick. Still wouldn't be more opioid. That said, if this isn't actually hypothetical, and you're concerned about an overdose, go to the hospital.

If it's not an opioid overdose, it's not an opioid overdose. Obviously I'd never recommend anyone taking clearly dangerous amounts of any drug, but if someone were to do so, smoking pot on top of it probably wouldn't be something that they would be doing, at least not while experiencing a profound, potentially toxic dosage of an opioid. Doubt you would feel too great, and smoking on top would likely just add to the sick. Still wouldn't be more opioid. That said, if this isn't actually hypothetical, and you're concerned about an overdose, go to the hospital.
Like i said my man, purely hypothetical, i am fine thanks (havent taken anything) reason i ask is because i take codeine 150mg once a day (relatively low dose considering the LD50 of 800mg) a day, and when ever i smoke a joint after (i have a huge weed tolerance so weed by itself doesn't even get me high) taking the codeine, the high feels like i have taken much more codeine when in reality i haven't. So i was just wondering to myself if the weed somehow has an effect on the codeine in your blood and causes a potential OD, or the increased effect is purely non toxic. Sorry, i shouldnt have put my question in such extreme terms lol

No, Cannabis doesn't actually contribute to dangerous side-effects that can lead to death, like respiratory depression. However, that's not to say that smoking a joint can't leave you so high that you can't function properly and not being in control of your executive functioning can cause serious problems. However, this intoxication is not permanent or any more dangerous than had you only take Opioids without Cannabis.

The answer to this one is a big N-O.

Status
Not open for further replies.