• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Question about the Mandelin test!!!

AireePotter

Bluelighter
Ok, so I have the Complete Test kit, and I was doing the Mandelin test on one of my pills. It says that if it turns purple/black instantly, it's an MDMA-like substance. My pill DID turn purple instantly, but it started getting green (so like, it came to be half-purple, half-green) about 10-15 seconds later. Is this any indication of about HOW MUCH speed there is? What does this indicate exactly?

Also, if Mandelin tests come out black, does it show that the pill is cleaner than it would be if it came out purple instead?

Lastly, if the test does come out purple/black, would there still be a bit of speed in them, or just not enough for the test to accurately point out that there is?

Thanks!

AireePotter said:
Ok, so I have the Complete Test kit, and I was doing the Mandelin test on one of my pills. It says that if it turns purple/black instantly, it's an MDMA-like substance. My pill DID turn purple instantly, but it started getting green (so like, it came to be half-purple, half-green) about 10-15 seconds later. Is this any indication of about HOW MUCH speed there is? What does this indicate exactly?

Also, if Mandelin tests come out black, does it show that the pill is cleaner than it would be if it came out purple instead?

Lastly, if the test does come out purple/black, would there still be a bit of speed in them, or just not enough for the test to accurately point out that there is?

Thanks!

My first question is: if you have the full kit, did you use the Marquis? If so, did it have any orange/brown in it at all? Even the tiniest bit? I've found the Marquis is better for seeing the color change for speed, the Mandelin can be a bit tricky.

The purple/black is the same color really. Reagents are sensitive to air, they oxidize the longer they sit, if you will. This is why you should only pay attention to the immediate color change.

They reagents can kinda tell you how much speed/whatever is in a pill...very light traces of orange in a marquis can show a small amount of speed, but it is not always a good indicator. This is just something I've observed over the years. YMMV.

PS - I am moving this thread over to the Pill Testing Q&A board since it really doesn't belong in Pill Reports Discussion. :)

Congrats on your testing kit! =D

RavenousBlonde said:
My first question is: if you have the full kit, did you use the Marquis? If so, did it have any orange/brown in it at all? Even the tiniest bit? I've found the Marquis is better for seeing the color change for speed, the Mandelin can be a bit tricky.

They reagents can kinda tell you how much speed/whatever is in a pill...very light traces of orange in a marquis can show a small amount of speed, but it is not always a good indicator. This is just something I've observed over the years. YMMV.

I just re-tested with the Marquis, and it was immediately light purple...but it could have been a brown too. I guess you could say it seemed like half/half, after a couple seconds though. So can it be guessed that it would contain enough speed for a bad comedown?

AireePotter said:
I just re-tested with the Marquis, and it was immediately light purple...but it could have been a brown too. I guess you could say it seemed like half/half, after a couple seconds though. So can it be guessed that it would contain enough speed for a bad comedown?

With the Marquis, speed usually turns a very distinct orange color. Based off what you have told me, *if* there is any speed in the pill, it will *probably* not be enough to notice. Here's a good reference page for all the Marquis color changes: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_faq_testing_kits.shtml

Is there any way you can take a picture of the test results and post them here? (Behind the NSFW tag, of course) :)

cunnyjuice said:
i heard thats tru

Heard what was true?

A side note: If there was enough amp/speed in the pill to make the Marquis turn brown, it would do so immediately, and not really turn purple/black at all.

Another question: What color is the pill you are testing? I've found that sometimes with the crappily dyed pills (you know, the kind that leave marks on your fingers/hands when held) can make the color change look a little funny.

I had the same prob this weekend but it was reversed.

It went lime green for 5-10 secs than to purple/black. My Marquis also went brown to black..and the pill was white..Only one way to find out what it is...

Imma retest again later this week

Maybe there could be some waste material left over from the production process? Could it interfere with the test?