• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Question about safety of chasing the dragon and possible diseases

bilebunny

Greenlighter
Ok so lately I have been chasing the dragon (black tar heroin) I have to pick up down at the homeless shelter as I don't know anyone who sells it.

Anyway today I went to pick up and when I got home noticed the baggy wasn't totally sealed. And they all keep that shit in their mouths down there. The little balloon bags. Is it possible I could get a disease even if I just smoke it?? Sorry this might be a lame question and posted in the wrong spot but any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Yikes, that's pretty gross. Sorry you have to deal with that.

ETA: Don't know for certain but hopefully the heat would kill anything off. Do s or look like saliva penetrated the container?

Last edited:
I can't be sure either, but I'd think the heat would kill most of the germs. Maybe hit it with the microwave? I really never had this problem so I'm not of much help, maybe someone with more scientifically bio info could help?

The microwave may kill germs but is there a chance it would render the heroin inert as it is derived from a plant?

ETA: you could wait a few days as general exposure to light and air will kill off a lot of stuff once it's removed from the host, though I would recommend changing containers.

The microwave may kill germs but is there a chance it would render the heroin inert as it is derived from a plant?

I'm not sure what you're thinking, but heroin is a fairly stable substance and it's quite resistant to short periods of heating (hence the ability to smoke it). The origin of the substance (e.g plant) make no difference. Heroin synthesized in a lab has the same properties as heroin obtained by acetylating morphine obtain from a plant. If you're thinking that the mixture the guy receives contains some substances which may react with the heroin upon heating in a microwave... probably not.

Anyway, when you smoke it you heat it up to pretty high temperatures, which I don't think typical microorganisms can survive.

I pretty much agree with b_d... I've heard that some batches of adulterated heroin have contained substances that become neurotoxic pyrolysis products upon heating, but that concern is probably not relevant here. Never heard about someone getting an infection from smoking a drug.

I'm not sure what you're thinking, but heroin is a fairly stable substance and it's quite resistant to short periods of heating (hence the ability to smoke it). The origin of the substance (e.g plant) make no difference. Heroin synthesized in a lab has the same properties as heroin obtained by acetylating morphine obtain from a plant. If you're thinking that the mixture the guy receives contains some substances which may react with the heroin upon heating in a microwave... probably not.

Anyway, when you smoke it you heat it up to pretty high temperatures, which I don't think typical microorganisms can survive.

I will be the first to admit I have little experience with Heroin, and regret not stating such in my first post. I am by no means an expert. However, I have gotten good bud wet along with other substances and have absolutely blown the quality by being impatient and trying to dry them on 1 and 2 second intravals in the microwave, hence my post. I didn't know if there would be an issue microwaving it as it is combustable and I would imagine the longer it is exposed to heat the more the quality will degrade.

Other than that, OP, wash your hands after touching the contain the H came in and you should be fine.