View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Question about psilocybin at high dosage

Zzyzx

Bluelight Crew
I really like to eat high doses of mushroom, up to 10g at once. But eating it isnt that great, you have to chew alot of not so good tasting stuff that sometimes feels like you try to chew wood.

So I was thinking about doing an extraction, and that got me thinking maybe this way I could take the psilocybin content of even higher quantity of shrooms in a much easier and efficient way.

Some friend told me that to his knowledge, after you reach a certain dose, the rest is just a waste and wont add to the experience.

So I was wondering about that, i'd really like to hear from peope who took massive doses like that in the past :)

^ I know one guy who does high doses - maybe higher than your thinking of as well - he grinds & caps them up in large"00" ? sized caps.

Why not get a cleaner, easier to dose high psychedelic like LSD, 2c-e. I have been down the 8grams + route as far as shrooms and let me tell you that the stomach load is ubearable. I can handle 25mg's of 2c-e on the stomach like a champ, but too much shroomies(done in any type of entree) is a pain inducing disaster.

Tea works, it is basically an extraction. You can also do one with pure ethanol (everclear), the alkaloids don't do so well in water due to oxidation I think. Vitamin C can also be added as an anti-oxidant to preserve the solution.
I would never make a quantity of extract for long time storage but in the freezer guarded against condensation it should keep a bit. And you can get dangerously high doses that way and it most probably won't hurt your stomache and remove body load even.
I doubt stuff like adding vitamin C is completely empirically verified especially since these are kind of rare practices but I came across it on the shroomery one time and believe it has plenty of merit.

For long time storage I'm going to grind and cap my shrooms into 00 gelatin capsules just like b9 mentions. Then they will be vacuum sealed and stuffed in the freezer. There probably is no better way. :)

I regularly consume doses at 10g+ range. never had any problems with gi distress really. I kinda like the taste too so it doesnt bother me.

Honestly its not even interesting for me until 7g+. 14g and over is really where its at for me. Its about as intense as its gonna get at about the 26-28g range though anything over and its just beating a dead horse.

10g of dry shroom would destroy me - I'd never go close to that level. Too hit and miss for me... mostly hit though =D

That aside, I've slightly changed the title cos "heroic" implies intrinsic superiority to me - borderline dicksizing even - when applied to any drug. I know that wasn't the intent at all but high dose is just as accurate without the connotations.

To me that's not just a high dose it's a
8504a1578f16a300.gif
dose I can't even imagine but at any dose I'm a tea man as a rule :)

10g of dry shroom would destroy me - I'd never go close to that level. Too hit and miss for me... mostly hit though =D

That aside, I've slightly changed the title cos "heroic" implies intrinsic superiority to me - borderline dicksizing even - when applied to any drug. I know that wasn't the intent at all but high dose is just as accurate without the connotations.

To me that's not just a high dose it's a
8504a1578f16a300.gif
dose I can't even imagine but at any dose I'm a tea man as a rule :)

I forgive you for the title change ;) lol

I'm not lucky enough to have access to a wide range of psychedelics so I must improvise with what I have for new experiences :p