• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Question about mediations and new psychiatrist

statued

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum so sorry if this is the wrong section. I used to be prescribed a medication but I don't take it anymore and I don't go to that doctor anymore.If I currently am not taking any medications, can my new psychiatrist still see I was taking that medication, even if I didn't list the doctor's name in the consent form? and if I sign a consent form, can they get my records from old doctors without even having to get the doctor's names from me?

A good answer would be really appreciated!

What was the drug? If it was a controlled substance, he may access your states Prescripton Monitoring Program and see it there. Every state's program is a bit different but your old doctors name could be listed there.

How would your new doc not know who the old one was (or at least the group where he practices) if he asks for your old records?

maybe if it was a controlled substance. there is a state prescription database but it looks like it's for controlled substances only.

There is no big central database of every doctor and every prescription the doc's written, it is all done on paper files sent through faxes/emails these days. So unless you have another doctor listed under your insurance or you provide contact info to your latest doctor then he won't see anything other Drs may have done in the past.

I'm on Medicaid and I'm not sure if that's the reason but I sign the waiver and next time I come in the dr has my entire history right at his fingertips. Dude was telling me all the anti depressants I was ever prescribed in the last decade while trying to find one I haven't been scripted. It could have something to do with insurance maybe?

What was the drug? If it was a controlled substance, he may access your states Prescripton Monitoring Program and see it there. Every state's program is a bit different but your old doctors name could be listed there.

How would your new doc not know who the old one was (or at least the group where he practices) if he asks for your old records?

Vyvanse 40mg. From what I've gathered here, it's pretty much inevitable to avoid a new psychiatrist getting your old psychiatrist's name... and to answer your question, I was trying to avoid my new doc not knowing the old doctors name. I don't want to be caught lying and my new doctor could ask for my old doctors name, even if he already knows.