• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Quaaludes

Man you could sell those to old people for XXX dollars easily just for nostalgic reasons alone. I have done a xanax/kpin, drank a whiskey, 750 soma, and did like 60mg of roxi its great buzz and I always wondered if it was similar?

I'm sure to the right crowd of people they would probably bring top dollar cause of there rarity, but I don't plan on acquiring more of them to make a profit. I just want to enjoy them. Plus if I'm right I think it maybe frowned upon here at BL to discuss selling drugs, etc. I'm not sure exactly how tight there guidelines are on that subject but I just figured I might mention that to be on the safe side. Anyway, ya your guess is as good as mine to whether all that shit mixed together is going to come close to what a Quaalude feels like. I sure to a certain extent it does but for example...Quaaludes make you feel slightly drunk an you can achieve the same thing by drink alcohol but, it's still not going to be the same cause when you take one pill an feel like you've had 4-5 drinks it's just not going to be the same vs sitting down an say chugging 5 beers. Hopefully that makes some sense.

**Can't wait to get some more**

If you drank the same amount with Barbs there's a chance you wont wake up. Just ask Hendrix or Morrison etc etc. That's why they stopped them in the first place and replaced them with Benzo's.

By the way your thinking of the drug Secobarbital better known under it's brand name Seconal. Seconal is a Barbiturate, Methaqualone or Quaalude is a sedative-hypnotic drug which is similar in effect to barbiturates. Seconal was link to a lot of high profile drug overdoses, here is a list of the more well know people to OD on Seconal:

* Judy Garland was found dead in her bathroom by her husband Mickey Deans on June 22, 1969. The stated exact cause of death by coroner Gavin Thurston was accidental overdose of barbiturates; her blood contained the equivalent of 10 Seconal 100 mg capsules.[2]
* Brian Epstein, the Beatles' manager, died at his house in London on 27 August 1967. The stated exact cause of death by coroner Gavin Thurston was accidental overdose of barbiturates
* Tennessee Williams was reported to have died of "acute Seconal intolerance" at the Hotel Elysee in New York City in 1983. Reports at the time indicated he had choked on a bottle cap but later reports indicated the Seconal connection.[3]
* Jimi Hendrix, guitarist and vocalist, died while at girlfriend's Monika Dannemann flat in London. The coroner Gavin Thurston accepted that he had probably taken nine of his girlfriend's tablets, after which he vomited and choked to death due to the tablets. He gave an open verdict (not enough evidence to say why he took so many tablets). He died September 18, 1970 aged 27.
* Alan Wilson, vocalist and founding member of Canned Heat, was found dead at age 27 in 1970, from a self-induced overdose of Seconal.[4]
* Dorothy Kilgallen, an American journalist and television game show panelist, was found dead on November 8, 1965, having apparently succumbed to a fatal combination of alcohol and Seconal, possibly concurrent with a heart attack.
* Dinah Washington, blues, R&B and jazz singer, was found dead at age 39 in 1963, from a lethal combination of secobarbital and amobarbital.[5]
* Beverly Kenney (January 29, 1932, Harrison, New Jersey – April 13, 1960, New York City) was an American jazz singer. Kenney committed suicide through a combination of alcohol and Seconal. She was 28.
* Carole Landis was a popular actress of the 1940s who committed suicide on an overdose of Seconal in her Pacific Palisades, California home on July 5, 1948. She was 29.
* Lupe Velez was an actress in the 1960's, who inspired Andy Warhol's 'Lupe'. She drowned with her head in the toilet after taking a huge dose of Seconal.
* Aimee Semple McPherson a Canadian-born evangelist and media celebrity in the 1920s and 1930s was found in a hotel room unconscious on September 26, 1944 after taking Seconal.
* Leila Pahlavi (27 March 1970 – 10 June 2001) Leila Pahlavi was the youngest daughter of the Late Shah of Iran, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi and his wife Empress Farah. On Sunday 10 June 2001, Leila was found dead in her room in the Leonard Hotel in London just before 19:30 BST by her doctor. She was found to have more than five times the lethal dose of secobarbital in her system, along with a nonlethal amount of cocaine.
* Charles Boyer 28 August 1899 – 26 August 1978 was a French actor who appeared in more than 80 films between 1920 and 1976. On 26 August 1978, two days after his wife died from cancer, and two days before his own 79th birthday, Boyer committed suicide with an overdose of Seconal while at a friend's home in Scottsdale.
* Poet Alejandra Pizarnik died in Buenos Aires of a self-induced overdose of Seconal.
* Singer Phyllis Hyman (July 6, 1949 – June 30, 1995) committed suicide by overdosing on pentobarbital and secobarbital in her New York City apartment.

I tried etaqualone 2 years ago and was maybe the best tranquillizer on earth that i ever tried. I snorted 400mg and for 3 hours gives me a sweet anxiolitic euphoria and also paradoxical excitation. Music and fap felt fantastic with very aphrodisiac propierties. I would love see this chemical on the streets again.

Just to throw this out there, about exactly a year ago me and a group of friends were getting some ecstasy pills called paul frank monkeys. I was new to ecstasy so didnt know what the real feeling was like. But i did have the feeling of being benzo'd, mellowed out, with an almost blacked out memory the next day, with the fuzzy duzzy physical feeling of wanting to be snuggled up.

Well, a week after we had all been taking those beens my friend that had been getting them for us got arrested with one, and it tested back as Qualludes, Methaquylone. I had never heard of the shit, but looked it up. And yes, his arrest report online definitely said possession of "Qualludes/Methaqylone", as I and a few other friends had looked it up ourselves online. I would post the link here but don't want to sacrifice my friends identity. Anyone have an explanation to this? maybe there ae some illegal chemists making some

Just to throw this out there, about exactly a year ago me and a group of friends were getting some ecstasy pills called paul frank monkeys. I was new to ecstasy so didnt know what the real feeling was like. But i did have the feeling of being benzo'd, mellowed out, with an almost blacked out memory the next day, with the fuzzy duzzy physical feeling of wanting to be snuggled up.

Well, a week after we had all been taking those beens my friend that had been getting them for us got arrested with one, and it tested back as Qualludes, Methaquylone. I had never heard of the shit, but looked it up. And yes, his arrest report online definitely said possession of "Qualludes/Methaqylone", as I and a few other friends had looked it up ourselves online. I would post the link here but don't want to sacrifice my friends identity. Anyone have an explanation to this? maybe there ae some illegal chemists making some

Well as far as I know, back in the day 60's/70's/early 80's I believe Quaaludes were a schedule III narcotic. When they finally took the drug of the market, it became a schedule I narcotic. With that said getting popped with Quaaludes falls into the same classification as being busted with something like Cocaine or Heroin. Drugs like that have a stiff penalty if your caught in possession of them, so that is why your friend is in so many words...fucked because of that. That really sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. :\

Methaqualone is a very enjoyable drug. I'm surprised you found in it the 'States at a reasonable price. Obviously, like any other drug, don't do too much and don't get addicted (like I did). If there are no allergic reactions, it is pretty safe to start at 300mg and slightly work your way up if you want to get really high. Just a couple suggestions: don't do this drug while relaxing in a hot tub or something, and do not drink alcohol even in moderation because it will fuck your shit up. These are from experience but YMMV, so heed these at your own peril.

"In the day" I was a drunk and downer freak. I've actually had issues with both stimulants and downers but at different stages of my life.

When I first tried Quaaludes, the pharmaceutical Rorer 714's and Orange AS's (Sopors) were readily available cheaply. They weren't scheduled very highly yet. I was about 15.

Years went by, I got older, and my drinking (etc) increased. The powers that be scheduled Quaaludes higher and eventually stopped US sale. After a period of a couple years, bootleg Quaaludes hit the market. Supposedly pressed in Columbia they came in on the Columbian pot and Cocaine transportation networks. They varied in quality and were ubiquitous for a good while. Good old disco biscuits. When Reagan dried up the Columbian pot market, bootleg 'ludes quickly disappeared.

Thing is, although they were a pleasant buzz and all, as a downer freak I found them to not have enough staying power. A nice downer buzz for a couple hours but I greatly preferred barbiturates since they lasted longer. My DOC was actually Valium since it was easily available for me at the time whereas barbs were more hit and miss.

Thing is, although they were a pleasant buzz and all, as a downer freak I found them to not have enough staying power. A nice downer buzz for a couple hours but I greatly preferred barbiturates since they lasted longer.

An older person I talked to said the exact same thing. He talked about how great Seconal was and when I asked him if he tried Quaaludes, he said it was similar, but it didn't last that long. However, the Wikipedia articles seems to convey that they do last a long time; it says this for 'elimination half-life': Biphasic (10-40; 20-60 hours) Futhermore, another older person I spoke to told me that what this person said was ridiculous...

And because your drug of choice was Valium, you're in a perfect position to compare the memory impairment from Quaaludes to benzos, so how does it compare?

An older person I talked to said the exact same thing. He talked about how great Seconal was and when I asked him if he tried Quaaludes, he said it was similar, but it didn't last that long. However, the Wikipedia articles seems to convey that they do last a long time; it says this for 'elimination half-life': Biphasic (10-40; 20-60 hours) Futhermore, another older person I spoke to told me that what this person said was ridiculous...

And because your drug of choice was Valium, you're in a perfect position to compare the memory impairment from Quaaludes to benzos, so how does it compare?
'Ludes always gave me a nice, floaty high... but only for a couple hours. A Red or two and I would have to be a little cautious drinking all night.

'Ludes were always available, but I sought out Vals or some kind of barb. Realisticaly, the most common available to me at the time was Nembutal (Yellow Jackets), which has a longer half life than Seconal, but Reds (Seconal) also lasted longer than 'Ludes.

Any downer will give you memory impairment, but benzos are notorious for it. Blackouts galore and the day to day impairment worse as well.

A Barbiturate is like whiskey in a pill.
A 'Lude is a little more "numb-y".
Benzos feel a bit like a tranquilizer they would give you in the psych ward.
Lotsa people hated benzos 'cause they would just fall asleep, but loved 'ludes. I liked 'ludes well enough, but I would have had to be rich to abuse them.

One I really liked a lot was Doriden. More of a straight downer than Vals. A little different buzz than a barb. Lasted a long time. However, cottonmouth out the wazzoo.
We, unfortunately, didn't know about the codeine potentiation at the time, but the lady with the script sold them as one Doriden and one Darvon for one dollar. She said that she noticed that the Darvon really added something. I always wondered later if there was potentiation or if it was just additive.

Last edited:
* Jimi Hendrix, guitarist and vocalist, died while at girlfriend's Monika Dannemann flat in London. The coroner Gavin Thurston accepted that he had probably taken nine of his girlfriend's tablets, after which he vomited and choked to death due to the tablets. He gave an open verdict (not enough evidence to say why he took so many tablets). He died September 18, 1970 aged 27.
According to a documentary ( or maybe it was a mockumentary? ) which also had the corroner in question in it. In this doc he stated Hendrix didn't choke in his own vomit, but that his cause of death was 'drowned in wine' ( like someone poured it in him ). His blood promillage was 0.0% so the possibility of an other scenario was possible.

Especially as his GF after some back and forth in her statement's seemed not to have been present when he died. Jimi was being spied upon by the CIA since his interest in the Black Panther's grew ( they released his files eventually confirming this ) .
And he already was a pain in the ass as the ones who control everything saw him as a treat to there system. Like other's in his time: Ken Kesey and Terence McKenna a.o.

Was he murdered? There was at least reason able doubt about what I knew about his 'accidental OD'.