View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Puzzling LSD situation

2skeed

Bluelighter
Okay, so I got 4 tabs of acid from a very reliable source and gave one away that day. The person I gave it to said they tripped nuts and it was great, this person was an experienced LSD user so he would know the difference between good shit and bad.The next day, me and 2 friends each ate a tab and just as we started to come up, like maybe 3-4 hours after eating them like the trip basically abruptly ceased. I was very confused on what may have caused this because this was unheard of to me in all the numerous times I've tripped it had never so rapidly declined in effect, like it was like a snap of a finger and me and all of my friends just snapped out of it with just the tiny residual effects one would expect after like a good 12 hours after dosing regularly. Does anyone have any ideas on what happened or similar experiences? I stored the tabs overnight in my closet, wrapped in foil and in a baggie with an icepack because it would have been too sketchy to put in the freezer. I was thinking maybe this had something to do with it, Condensation and whatnot? I licked the foil after I ate my tab so its not like it transferred onto there and with LSD degradation wouldn't the dosage just be decreased, not a sudden stop in effect?

I cant offer any advice but can share my experience

I grab some liquid lsd a while back and it has the same effects you are describing. Everyone who has tried it agree, at about the 4 hour mark the visual effects just suddenly drop off.. Ive never had this happen even with stuff that has degraded which lasts about 8 hours (shorter than would be expected if it werent degraded) but the effects just seem diminshed throughout the entire experience, not just a sudden drop off of effects

I had the same thing on 3 tabs which is my regular dose and usually lasts a good 12 hours, also the same acid and it ended like this after 6-8 hours definitely not 4 but I did find it interesting

I took 125ug of 1-p LSD in the summer there and the only noticeable difference for me was that after 6 hours it just wore off rather rapidly. straight back to baseline with no residual effects, just back to normal, with no sketchyness, post-trip stimulation or anything. I slipped into sleep after 7 hours and slept well.

I wonder if other lysergamides are being slipped in on unlabelled blotters (the stuff from the on-line vendors usually had the initials, but perhaps following the global clamp-downs the stuff is being substituted for the "real thing")

It might be AL-LAD from the duration you described, that's all I can think of.

For me, the effects from "200 mics" (= 8 drops * 25 mics per drop - but i figured no one speaks the truth about doses) of that liquid "lsd" came on like normal.
By half an hour I was like ok this is legit.. But then half an hour later at the one hour mark I knew something wasnt quite right as things hadnt progressed accordingly
Then like I noted above by 4 hours things dropped off suddenly and I was darn near baseline by 6

A friend who ran UV spec in the lad said it matched the curve for lsd ... with peaks in the "right places".. truth be told this was some time ago and I dont recall seeing it
I would be curious if anyone had the UV curve for these other lysergamides (al-lad, eth-lad, ald-52, 1p-lsd, etc) and how similar they are to lsds curve

Just uv-vis spectrum, fluorescence, or an actual hplc + uv analysis?

Even something like iso-LSD should be possible to detect as having a different retention time if you use hplc, but if you just get one plain spectrum from the entire sample I'm less sure about whether the curves would be different enough. Even a curve for lsd itself is not easy to find, but you'd need a reference sample anyway.