• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Purposefully having a difficult trip.

Well, IME "difficult" trips (to be fair I've only truly had one) have only potentiated psychological issues - yes, I was forced to deal with them, but that was only because they didn't exist to such an extent before I had the bad/difficult trip. In the end, nothing terribly positive resulted from that trip.

However, my subsequent acid trip (which was not difficult in any way, rather it was one of the most joyous experiences of my life) did wonders for my anxiety issues. After I came out of that trip I was truly and permanently psychologically healed to a significant degree.

Difficult trips should be avoided, if you ask me.

yes, I was forced to deal with them, but that was only because they didn't exist to such an extent before I had the bad/difficult trip. In the end, nothing terribly positive resulted from that trip.

Maybe they did exist, but you just didn't acknowledge them...

Difficult trips should not be avoided. If you try to avoid the difficulties, your trips will be more difficult in the long run. Not only your trips, your life will be more difficult.

I kind of agree. I feel like avoiding a difficult trip would be akin to avoiding a difficult problem, both of which I see as negative things.

That's not to say that dangerous or risky trips should not be avoided. When I say difficult, I mean emotionally so.

Well lets keep in mind, being in a socially un-acceptable situation could cause immense emotions of despair and conspire and there is not neccesarily underlying problems there, but I guess even from that you could create a problem in your head about being in that situation in the first place...

I understand this.. but that doesn't justify calling bull on bad trips not existing.. because there is a REASON for the discomfort the person is experiencing.. weather they want to understand that and overcome it or not is totally up to them as you mentioned above.

Best left alone and not disturbed..? if whatever it is comes up and you try to ignore it because its unpleasant, of course its going to send you into an uncomfortable trip because it's been brought to the surface and not dealt with.

Sometimes things you bring up as important in your head REALLY aren't.. they make you face something of zero importance head on as if it's a life and death situation.. and sometimes things are brought up when your tripping that doesn't even exist outside of tripping - your brain just created a problem for you to ponder for 12 hours which - when you come down - will no longer be there. AND sometimes you believe things when you are tripping that you don't normally believe; that, in my opinion and experience - can lead to a whole mess of head fuck that was completely unnecessary.. sometimes it makes you question things that don't need to be questioned.. therefore leading you to look for answers to things that don't need answering.

All of the above things can lead to a very negatively emotional time with no chance of therapeutic value.

Well I would agree that it's wrong to call a trip bad when you were looking for entertainment and what you got was a therapeutic and difficult trip.

But not too long ago I was at this lodge with friends and we tripped on acid, among other things - well there was a mosquito infestation and I seemed to
get the brunt of it. That had little to do with my mindset, and I'd certainly call that a pretty bad experience. What desperation!

I've done a plugged 5-MeO-DMT trip during a difficult episode of my life and although the trip wasn't exactly fun (more the opposite), it was very cleansing, like an emotional power workout.

If you're prepared to deal with everything that could come up, I'ld go for it. Especially since you're not new to tripping (30 - 40 trips).

sometimes it makes you question things that don't need to be questioned..

Out of curiosity, what are the things that need not be questioned?

If you ask me, the only thing is 'certain existence' aka suchness aka the Tao.

For those unwilling to go into that, my opinion is: nothing. We can't know anything for sure intrinsically so questioning is warranted.
Denial might be rejection of philosophy pur sang.

Out of curiosity, what are the things that need not be questioned?

From my experience or any ol example?

My experience: Has my girlfriend gone off me? - I was stuck in a thought loop thinking my girlfriend had gone off me - spiralling into thinking i was a worthless fool.. for no reason.

Another one of my experiences: Looking at all of my friends and people around me and spotting something psychologically wrong with them.. then finally it would come to me and i would see i am the one with issues.. When i come out of the trip i realised what i was seeing during the trip was small irrelvant things that didn't matter to anything.. i was just blowing everything out of proportion.

There's loads of things you could "realise" in a trip only to come out of it and think "whoa wtf was i thinkin?"..

Questioning things is always good. Even if the things you think about are stupid, it's still better than not thinking at all.

Even if you think stupid things, they might give you a new perspective for introspection. And usually when you see faults in others, you are really worried about faults in yourself. When you realize this, you have advanced in self improvement and evolved as an individual.

I wouldn't call that useless.

Questioning things is always good. Even if the things you think about are stupid, it's still better than not thinking at all.
OK.. agreed to a certain degree. But what about when your time is being consumed by something you don't WANT to think about - or by something so unimportant it's not worth spending your time thinking about so much.. you could be spending your time thinking about something with a much greater level of importance.

Even if you think stupid things, they
You ready for this?
<- 8o
give you a new perspective for introspection.
And if it doesnt? = You've wasted a day of your life thinking IRRELEVANT shit
And usually when you see faults in others, you are really worried about faults in yourself. When you realize this, you have advanced in self improvement and evolved as an individual.
Not nesseccarily disagreeing.. but what about when the faults you see in people are only there because your are tripping?

I wouldn't call that useless.

What? Wasting a day of your life believing something that you don't normally believe simply because you are tripping? Questioning things that don't exist. Answering things that don't exist. Spending all that time worrying about something that isn't really there?

OK.. fair enough.

believing something that you don't normally believe

It is always good to expand one's beliefs. When your beliefs are set in stone, it is harder to adapt to new circumstances. Life is all about adapting.

^ I don't think you get what i'm saying.. or maybe you do - you're just such a psychedelic enthusiast that you will defend them to the death.

It is always good to expand one's beliefs. When your beliefs are set in stone, it is harder to adapt to new circumstances. Life is all about adapting.

Applies to very few things. I have beliefs and am open to new ideas.. but changing my beliefs (which, by the way - i agree with) because i'm tripping only then to revert back to how i felt before = a waste of time.

Hell yeah... don't think of it as a difficult trip though. The only reason lowers doses aren't "difficult" are because you're confident or not worried about your lack of control. I've purposefully put myself in all sorts of situations where tripping was not appropriate because I'm a deviant and it was exciting, but really I'm sick of that; I'm done with adventures. Adventures are only good once they're over. I want contentment in life and that goes right along with more responsible drug use. I think I was lucky in that the first time I was dosed was not only the hardest I've tripped, but it was an ungodly amount. Or maybe a godly amount. It helped a friend develop his latent schizophrenia who took the same dose of dose (hehe) that night. I was scared to try LSD afterwards, but about two months later I took a tab of pretty average but very nice blotter and I was like, "Oh acid doesn't need to be the rocket ride to insanity I experienced." I've had those ++++ trips since then but that first acid experience was +++++. I'd tripped a dozen or so time before on shrooms, but nothing has come close to that. Difficult is the wrong word to use. As much as people don't want to admit it words have emotional value. If they don't in the sober mind for you they definitely will in the tripping mind. But at the same time if I'm in a good mood it doesn't matter how hard I'm tripping on acid. I never have the mania I have with shrooms. My thoughts may be racing, but there's not that cyclic negativity and obsession with things that I get on the mushie mushie boom booms. I just made that up and I'd say don't steal that, but I know no one will. Mushie mushie boom booms might be a new chocolate/mushroom treat.

Peace,
PL

I’m not having any MAJOR issues in my life, but am in one of those stages where I’m re-considering lots of things about my lifestyle and self that are making me unhappy.

I don't think these things alone cause a bad trip. One time I got some super awesome window panes, took four of them. That opened my eyes to what is LSD.

Anyways. The whole time I realized that there was so much I wasn't doing in life. I wasn't exercising, eating healthy, being social like I should, going after girls...

All these things I was doing wrong! But I wasn't sad, I figured I would change. Well, I was going to. I saw it all; I saw everything. I saw the person I was going to become, the person I was meant to be. Person I am. Such a wonderful moment. I was really excited to just, start over with life...Which didn't get to happen after that trip, because of reasons I would rather not discuss...but yeah. Basically, I wasn't mad at myself for doing all these things wrong; it's quite easy to go through life without doing everything you can.

That trip taught me so much though it ended horrifically. There's just so much in life...so much potential I have and so many things I could be doing with it. So many people doing different things with their life...