• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Pure alprazolam to be turned into injection?

MyExcuse

Bluelighter
Anyway, I know that many other benzo's have prepared injection forms on the market but I have never heard of alprazolam being made for injection (obviously because there are many other drugs that would be much more beneficial).

anyway, I have yet to hear a report of a succesful alprazolam injection and I would LOVE to experiment with this.

I know a small ammount of alcohol would be needed along with a small ammount of some type of acid (this is all going by what I see is required to the IV version of diazepam).

any help on this would be much appreciated.

also, I know that alprazolam is soluble in alcohol (from what I have read) but is it soluble in ALL alcohol's? or only certain types. I was thinking of picking up a bottle of rubbing alcohol (ISO 99%) and using that (my scale recently got busted.. asshole friend dropped it) but was not sure if it would dissolve in that.

Last edited:
You're saying you want to shoot alprazolam dissolved in rubbing alcohol? Rubbing alcohol, or isopropyl alcohol, is toxic to people. That's why you can't drink rubbing alcohol to get drunk, only to go blind.

You'd want some ethanol and you'd want it to be extremely dilute. Easiest way to get ethanol and water is vodka or everclear.

well I was kind of asking two different questions.

what chemicals would be premium for making an injectable safe solution with alprazolam in it.

also if alprazolam would dissolve in isopropyl alcohol (ISO/IPA/etc.)

(Answering your last question) Yes alprazolam is most likely soluble in IPA if it's also soluble in alcohol. But as has been mentioned, this isn't very practical for shooting. Vodka seems to be your best best. The only thing I can find in Merck on its solubility is "Sol in alc. Insol in water." so that's not of much help.

I know you can make non-polar substances soluble in water by adding some sort of hand cream (something binds the non-polar molecules making them dissolve in water), but I'm not sure if this is safe for injecting (as opposed to plugging which is where I heard it being mentioned)

There are light oils suitable for injection, but I've no idea what they are or how you get them... I'd be tempted to dissolve in DMSO and then in water...

But I think ultimately, the best way with be 50% propylene glycol 10% ethanol 40% water....

But I don't know much about IVing... maybe someone can make a more sensible reccomendation, before anyone is foolish enough to do what I suggest.

How fast does alprazolam cross the BBB? I was under the impression that shooting benzos didn't provide any particular rush.

hussness said:
I was under the impression that shooting benzos didn't provide any particular rush.

It depends on the benzo. I shot Diazepam in the past: there was nor rush, the effects were not stronger. But when I shoot Loprazolam, which is water-soluble, I get a big rush, very pleasurable.

To the Original Poster:
Just prepare your Alprazolam with 0,9mL Water + 0,1ml Ethanol... (use Everclear, or buy Ethanol at the pharmacy...)

Alprazolam would cross the BBB pretty quick... plasma protein binding would probably be the problem. Diazepam is like 99% protein bound [1, 2].

Alprazolam is 70-80% bound, so it's not going to be much better, and it's bioavailability is 80-100% [3].

jasoncrest said:
It depends on the benzo. I shot Diazepam in the past: there was nor rush, the effects were not stronger. But when I shoot Loprazolam, which is water-soluble, I get a big rush, very pleasurable.

To the Original Poster:
Just prepare your Alprazolam with 0,9mL Water + 0,1ml Ethanol... (use Everclear, or buy Ethanol at the pharmacy...)

What about Versed/Dormicum, that's supposed to be very water soluble at certain pHs. I've got some, but I don't think I'd go to the effort of putting my self to sleep. Anybody get a rush from IV'ing Versed? Great for doing surgeries from what I understand.

cynosure said:
What about Versed/Dormicum, that's supposed to be very water soluble at certain pHs. I've got some, but I don't think I'd go to the effort of putting my self to sleep. Anybody get a rush from IV'ing Versed? Great for doing surgeries from what I understand.

If your definition of a rush is blacking out, yes 8)

I guess the first question that comes to mind is: why would anyone want to
shoot benzodiazepines? The main effect they have when injected is to cause
intense amnesia. They're used for this purpose in the hospital, so people have no recollection of unpleasant procedures, like endoscopies.

Most drugs are lipophilic, but are supplied as their water-soluble salts. Morphine is lipophilic, but morphine sulfate is hydrophilic. But the benzos are not prepared this way, because they are extremely weak organic bases, with the most basic nitrogen being the one at the 4 position on the diazepine ring.

So their salts can only be formed using strong acids, resulting in salts that are not stable and in fact undergo spontaneous sequential hydrolysis (imine and then amide) resulting in pharmacologically inactive compounds. The salts of the heterocyclic benzos are much more stable, because, although the compounds still undergo imine hydrolysis, that reaction is reversible. Amide hydrolysis is irreversible and actually breaks open the diazepine ring. An aqueous solution of, say, midazolam, exists in an equilibrium in which the irreversible amide hydrolysis doesn't occur.

The things that people like about oral benzodiazepines are very different from the effects of intravenous benzos. If you're totally nuts, and determined to take IV benzos, well, try to obtain some midazolam (Versed in the US). I'll pretty much guarantee that you'll have very little interest in trying it again. Although, since you won't remember trying it, you might want to try it again.

Forget about trying to prepare PPG formulations, unless you're a pharmacist,
and you work at a hospital rather than at CVS. If you want to compound it
yourself, look up the "inactive ingredients" in diazepam amp and give it a whirl. You'll probably find the first three chapters of Wilson & Gisvold's Handbook of Organic, Medicinal, and Pharmaceutical Chemistry handy for procedural details and background info. Let us know how it goes. God knows, junkies have done stupider things.

because for me alprazolam has no anterograde amnesia effects. none, zippo.

besides i through away the stuff anyway. after binging on it for 2 weeks non-stop i knew I had to lose it. besides it was cheap so no lose on my part.

^ Was about to say the same. Bravo.
I'll also second that about versed. I've tried it many times, and every time I swear to myself that I'll remember, so I don't have to do it again.
Hasn't worked yet ;).