View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Public Connotation "ACID"

DashofMorphine

Greenlighter
I'd like to start off by saying that this is my first post on Bluelight Forum, although, I have been reading extensively for well over 2 years.

The connotation of 'Acid' could be what sets people off to thinking its something that drills through your head. My friend, J, who has used Cocaine and PCP was freaked out when I said I was planning on using LSD my first time last Saturday. What an amazing and literally "eye-opening" experience. :D

My other friend, Z, who I told with confidence of this experience went on to tell me of his jealousy, and then also went on to talk shit about me to L who told me he said I had "Crossed the line". (Let it be noted I don't even like Z, but it was hard to not tell him). L was freaked out but told me that she'd be okay if I had used Shrooms, but not LSD.

Anyone else had difficulty with ignorance concerning LSD?

--Dash

To some degree, the word acid just makes people think it's a really hard drug for some reason. But no, I've never encountered anyone whose been okay with cocaine and PCP and thought acid was bad or worse.

those individuals sound like they know nothing about psychedelics. might just want to keep your psychedelics experiences to yourself or only share them with individuals that for sure wont look down on you for using certain psychedelics or for experiencing things that others find "to far out there".

iv experienced quite a few ignorant individuals its got to the point where i just stay quite when i here off the wall shit i don't feel like arguing with some(some get offended by me telling them that i can assure them that they did not receive mescaline in a mdma tablet for example), or looking like the guy that thinks he knows everything even though ill straight up admit i don't know everything and still have lots of learning to do.

i cant stand people saying ahh you should of did mushrooms instead of lsd or in your case i would have felt better if you would have done mushrooms. doesn't make any sense, mushrooms are a whole different beast ime and i trust lsd way more than thy mushrooms. doesn't mean 1 is better than the other though. mushrooms just have bent me over the table more times than lsd and any other psychedelic iv tried, i have to be on my A game to eat them.

PCP is one of a few with a worse reputation. LSD is incredibly stigmatised because of its rarity and the propaganda that surrounds it.

There's not much you can do outside of carefully educating people in a way which will not make them think they are being fed pro-drugs propaganda.

Many people think a night of beer and coke is find but shrooms or acid will make you crazy.

eg Should I try cocain?

All great responses. Media propaganda has really killed the LSD scene here in Houston--least that's how it seems. Truly, it is idiotic to explore drugs but not explore the truth.

Most people know just enough to hurt themelves with drugs. If you educate yourself on the risks and rewards of various substances you'll probably come to find most of the "popular" "illegal drugs" are relatively harmless if used appropriately and not to excess. There are of course some notable exceptions (methamphetamine is a neurotoxin in monkeys/primates, there's dewormer in some cocaine that can cause immune system fuckery) but the large majority of "second-hand knowledge" about drugs is totally baseless.

Common "myths" include the natural vs synthetic drugs debacle, "acid/shrooms/marijuana/mdma puts holes in your brain!", "mdxx makes everyone have a super harsh come down all the time", "pcp gives you superhuman strength", "weed laced with cocaine", "all research chemicals are dangerous and untested", etc.

Yeah this is pretty common. Most people are pretty ill informed.

That very relevant LSD quote I think we've all heard before:
Always that same LSD story, you've all seen it. "Young man on acid, thought he could fly, jumped out of a building. What a tragedy." What a dick! Fuck him, he’s an idiot. If he thought he could fly, why didn’t he take off on the ground first? Check it out. You don’t see ducks lined up to catch elevators to fly south — they fly from the ground, ya moron, quit ruining it for everybody. He’s a moron, he’s dead — good, we lost a moron, fuckin’ celebrate. Wow, I just felt the world get lighter. We lost a moron! I don’t mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious, but I am, so that’s the way it comes out. Professional help is being sought. How about a positive LSD story? Wouldn't that be news —worthy, just the once? To base your decision on information rather than scare tactics and superstition and lies? I think it would be news-worthy. "Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves"

Last edited:
fuck yeh Bill Hicks! that mother fucker was a straight shooter, told it like it was.

I told my friend that i take Acid sometimes, i had to put up with a long lecture about how it would turn me Insane and stuff, pretty obvious he did not have a clue what he was talking about.

Annoyed me a bit as he is morbidly obese and was sat there in the middle of a huge pile of empty cider bottles, so dont think he should really be lecturing me on health/drug issues.

Before ever using LSD, i was terrified of 'acid.' And this was after tripping on plenty of other drugs including mushrooms. Society and the media in general tend to show acid as a delusional haunted house sort of headfuck. Plus the word 'acid' itself has negative connotations if you aren't knowledgeable. Plus there are more stories of people flipping out on acid than mushrooms imo.

-Also the connection with lsd to the FBI, mk ultra, acid tests, Be-Ins, anti-war protests and all that, makes many institutions inherently anti acid because it lessens 'group think' and general obedience.

acid and mdma are the only drugs I've heard with purely good things said about them.
Rarely do I hear a bad word about weed, booze or shrooms though
Constantly get told that ket, mxe, pcp, speed, basically every single drug out there are terrible things and will kill me.
Its funny, I told my friends I'd quite like to try Heroin IV in a completely clinical setting as a once in a lifetime opportunity. After finishing lecturing me about addiction and stuff I told them the only reason it wouldn't really be possible is that I can't just get a caesarian for no reason.

There are a lot of myths out about it, but anyone who's willing to look it up on Wikipedia can pretty much set themselves straight.

its probably the name, i mean 'acid' sounds pretty nasty compared to 'ecstasy'...

had a good handful of acid this morning, that orange was loaded with it :) why aren't people scared of salt? also dear neighbors, you fuck too often and need to discover the magical world of warcraft (or just one hobby other than sex). or else I am getting a sub and throwing hella roll parties in the apt below you.

had a good handful of acid this morning, that orange was loaded with it :) why aren't people scared of salt? also dear neighbors, you fuck too often and need to discover the magical world of warcraft (or just one hobby other than sex). or else I am getting a sub and throwing hella roll parties in the apt below you.

Exactly! It's like all these ads here in australia... "Ecstasy is made using ingredients like battery acid and drain cleaner". and everyone literally thinks someone got a bowl of ecstasy, poured some draino in it and is selling it.

What I wouldn't give for chemistry to be compulsory through high school.

people are scared of what they're mind is capable of...they don't really want to sincerely critique or critically analyse themselves and their way off course lives? truth is frightful...ignorance is bliss?..

Last edited:
Yeah everyone freaks out when I suggest acid because of all the stupid crap they have heard about it. Oh well more acid for me I guess =D However people do need to get their facts right.

Yeah it's funny because among people who are experienced with LSD, it's somewhat generally accepted that LSD (along with soft drugs like marijuana) rank among the most benign, safest, and also almost-always fun drugs.

I mean perhaps you haven't been to certain events or music festivals where literally almost everyone has been dosed... maybe you have but I'm guessing not yet based on your query... anyway, I've been to scenes where literally tens of thousands of people were on LSD together and almost everyone has an amazing time. Yeah a few people will have it rough but LSD is much more reliably positive and good-energy than mushrooms, for comparison.

I would also argue that LSD is physically safer than shrooms because I've passed out cold from mushrooms a few times and LSD has never messed with me.

To each their own. Funny that the guy has done PCP but demonizes LSD though :D