View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychosis from DMT?

kingkpin

Bluelighter
Last night I had the most intense trip of my entire life, I smoked about 100mg of DMT from a crack pipe I had gotten from a local headshop ( Full report here http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/766078-DMT-Never-went-this-far-before-never-again ) . Ever since then I've had the lingering feeling that nothing is real, nothing ever was real. I want this feeling to go away it makes me very uncomfortable, I question life and death constantly now and am contemplating suicide to make this go away. Literally nothing feels real to me anymore after witnessing what I did on my trip, I had come to the realization that this entire life was an illusion and I was the universe and am currently experiencing an odd prolonged dream. I tried a small hit of DMT again and I experienced the feeling that I had experienced the night before, I was hoping it would ease my nerves but it truly didn't. I might add that I'm having slight xanax withdrawals which might not help much but I just don't understand what life is anymore after that. This traumatic experience has been in the back of my mind since the trip, I feel relieved to be human and to still be alive after experiencing an ego-death through DMT but it has been making me question what life truly is and what lies beyond this life. Someone please gives me words to calm me or ease my mind, please tell me it is the drugs and I'm just buying into my own delusions.

DO NOT KILL YOURSELF! This feeling will pass. It's an effect called depersonalization. It causes you to feel as if nothing is real/etc. it's a very common effect of both(!) psychedelic use and very common in BZD WD. Given that both are going on its probably being pretty exacerbated. If I were you, I would secure a benzodiazepine to abate the WD, then go to a doctor to get something to taper with(especially if your contemplating suicide..!). Do not do anymore DMT either until your WD's are clear and you feel mentally competent enough to take that journey. Don't worry, things will sort themselves out if you take the proper steps forward!

Probably just a brainfart rather than psychosis kingkpin - take it easy for a few weeks.

Take it easy, dont do anything foolish, continue being a good citizen, start working out, start taking 5-htp and tuna omega 3 oil, and if religious pray to God.

And avoid All drugs till you feel normal.

DP/DR is a bitch to deal with (been there, trust me), but it's very different from psychosis. you won't turn insane! :)

I've had a friend who had this happen to him on BK-2C-B; he thought that his entire life after the trip was all just a dream and that eventually he would wake up and none of it would've happened. THE most important factor in his recovery, was meditation. Try meditating, even for 10 minutes every night, and it will help. In stead of suppressing the feelings and trying to "calm yourself", let your fears and anxieties wash over your body and accept them. Accept that you don't have to have it all figured out right now. Also, you should stop taking all other drugs that you're able to stop taking. Make sure you eat well and exercise too. You should be back to normal soon, just give yourself a little time and please take my advice.

A friend of mine had a bad trip on 5-meo-DMT, and had a really bad trip/experience much like yours on DMT from the 5-meo-DMT. He stopped using all drugs or at least all psychedelics including herb for about a year. You should do the same. Good luck.