View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychopaths on psychedelics

No. 13 Baby

Bluelighter
I wonder what happens to a psychopath when he takes LSD or shrooms...

Could it make him empathic or spiritually aware in any way?

What do you guys think?

Dunno, hope there's a study been done tho.

In the case of people with antisocial personality disorder [formerly known as sociopaths, and previous to THAT psychopaths] they are fundamentally incapable of empathy or remorse -- though they can and do emulate both when it is to their advantage to do so. I doubt 5HT2A agonism and/or NMDA antagonism/dissociation would change that. Note that this is just speculation though. I am not a neurologist, psychologist, etc. Most likely, the use of psychs would only make them more adept at exploitation of others as psychs tend to give people the ability to see through psychological facades.

APDs only gain skills of manipulation with therapy. Truly, the only emotion they feel is anger.

I think it would be a good idea to get some APD volunteers (they'll do it if the price is right, as money motivates them second only to power) and trial entactogens, dissociatives, and 5HT2A hallucinogens though.

Society would be far better off if there was a way to treat APD. Unfortunately, most male APDs commit murder by adulthood and then become addicted to murder so the only solution is to warehouse them (the ones that act out w/ violence) :/ Female APDs have a far lower chance of committing violence, as I understand it. All they can do is try to identify who is at risk of becoming an APD and then monitor them in their adolescent years, hopefully guide them away from violence before it's too late.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, most male APDs commit murder by adulthood and then become addicted to murder so the only solution is to warehouse them (the ones that act out w/ violence)

I dont think this is true. I recall hearing on a documentary that around 1% of people are psychopaths and this increases significantly in certain professions (not violent ones more ones where being selfish/ruthless is beneficial). They're not all or even mostly murderers

I heard a figure of around 4% of people that are sociopaths, and that it's likely that many of them are highly functioning and some are very likely in high places of society.

I think my roommate might be a sociopath, but I can't tell if he actually lacks empathy completely or is just very narcissistic.

Some psychopath at some point somewhere has taken a psychedelic/empathogen drug. I wonder how it affected them...

I agree with Timland that it could probably make them more adept at exploitation of others.

Psychopaths are so damn hopeless.

*no videos of people tripping or getting high* - "A schizophrenic smokes salvia infinte x"

I haven't done any psychedelics. YET, but I found this very interesting and kind of scary.
Hell bogan video of a shizophernic on salvia infinate x, kind of relates to psychopaths.

Last edited by a moderator:
*no videos of people tripping or getting high* - "A schizophrenic smokes salvia infinte x"

I haven't done any psychedelics. YET, but I found this very interesting and kind of scary.
Hell bogan video of a shizophernic on salvia infinate x, kind of relates to psychopaths.

Schizophrenics and psychopaths are as different as fire and water.

get some APD volunteers (they'll do it if the price is right, as money motivates them second only to power)

You must be talking about politicians here. Or the vast majority of people in business, law, medicine...
Possibly the animal we call homo sapiens?

and that it's likely that many of them are highly functioning and some are very likely in high places of society.

Yep. In much the same way if you were to describe someone as tall it could mean they were 6ft or it could mean they were well over 7ft. There's certainly not always a clear division - there is a very wide spectrum. This also applies to things like autism.

Please read the forum rules. No videos of tripping people allowed.

I've been concerned I might have this problem before - though I've been told by a therapist that being concerned about a lack of empathy or ability to feel emotions other than anger/severe anxiety means that I don't have to worry as much, because I still want to make the right choices ergo not a sociopath. When I used to trip it was all fun and games until about a year or two ago when I really started having issues with empathy. Since then tripping and such has just made me really antsy and requires a lot of klonopin for me to enjoy at all. No fun. I enjoy dissociatives much more.

However I think I'm a poor example as I've just buried my emotions - working with doctors and practicing meditation to undo that damage.

The case of one of my former roommates is one you'd find more interesting (I actually went and changed my username before this post because I realized if he googled me he might find me saying this about him):

Dude was a complete psychopath (or APD if you wanna call it that). Lied about EVERYTHING. Where he went to college, why he was doing what he was doing, etc. Very violent at times. Beat the shit out of my other roommate multiple times (a girl) that was stupid enough to sleep with him. Abused his own mom, etc. Seemed to only have three states: pissed off/psychotic, crying/attention getting, and anxious. He was like me without any of my self knowledge or desire to change.

I've taken lsd with the guy as well as 2c-e and ketamine. No, I didn't notice the drugs giving him any empathy. If anything, they made him worse. With the 2c-e for example, I'd obtained 200mg and mixed it in with a certain quantity of water in a jar, and we were dosing it out using one of those medicine measuring cups you use for say cough syrup. My other roommate and I had left the room and when we came back, he was acting crazy and joking that he had just drank some of the rest and didn't know how much. My other roommate freaked out (she had never tripped before) and started screaming at him to go throw up or something. I on the other hand immediately went and measured the volume of liquid left and discovered there was MORE than there had been to start. I tested some of the remainder and found it was still potent. He had simply diluted the mixture but was absolutely hellbent on convincing us that he had taken an unknown amount of 2c-e, knowing he had been very unstable the past few weeks.

Moral of the story, the drug simply made him want to fuck with us even more. My other roommate (the girl) was terrified and worried, I was pissed off and angry, and he was obviously just laughing at the whole thing while tripping. So no, didn't give him any more empathy. The LSD and ketamine experiences exhibited similar things.

FYI this dude was arrested a few months ago for assault though nobody pressed charges (stupid girl wouldn't do it) and is now getting 'treatment' - though I can be pretty sure he's just becoming a better manipulator, so I think he's what you're looking for.

That's interesting but psychopaths don't experience anxiety. Are you sure he wasn't just an asshole?

That's interesting but psychopaths don't experience anxiety. Are you sure he wasn't just an asshole?

Everyone experiences anxiety to some degree, even psychopaths. Some violent outbursts are brought on by (social anxiety, and other types of) anxiety. The only way some serial killers could get rid of the anxiety was to kill, just as someone with ocd has to touch the doorknob 14 times before turning it to avoid anxiety. Most psychopaths are antisocial, to avoid anxious situations.

It doesn't say anything about this in the PD Forum Guidelines, where did you read this?

Check the Psychedelic Index, it's somewhere at the top. But since it's there and not (yet) put in the guidelines I don't think you will see anyone getting warned for it any time soon. But they will be removed, especially of peoples own clips, videos that do not add anything or display of particularly inappropriate behavior - you know... things that we don't want to promote to minors etc.

Everyone experiences anxiety to some degree, even psychopaths. Some violent outbursts are brought on by (social anxiety, and other types of) anxiety. The only way some serial killers could get rid of the anxiety was to kill, just as someone with ocd has to touch the doorknob 14 times before turning it to avoid anxiety. Most psychopaths are antisocial, to avoid anxious situations.

I don't believe they experience acute anxiety. Like, the fear response or startle reflex. But possibly fear of going to jail for a crime or something.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to agree with NotQuiteThere that psychedelics just make psychopaths worse. Oh well.

Before I reached adulthood (and was able to be legitimately diagnosed), a therapist of mine told me that I was likely experiencing antisocial personality disorder.. I'm not a dick, and I don't want to kill people. All that diagnosis entails is a lack of conscience, a lack of desire for sociability, and an inexperience of empathy. You guys are trippin if you think that sociopathy is relatable to psychopathy. Many psychopaths could be sociopaths, but most sociopaths are not psychopaths.

Oh, and psychedelics have definitely made me connect with myself (and thus others) a lot more easily. It's not a neurological incapability, it's a personality disorder. And psychedelic therapy is still therapy.