View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Psychedelics for Museums

Speak Easily

Greenlighter
History, science, creativity, and controversy. Museums challenge my assumptions and the more I am mesmerized by hundreds of years of human creativity the more I want to learn.

America has thousands of phenomenal museums with communities of educated, open minded, and creative folks. I once found myself at the museum on a free day after my weekly AL-LAD trip. I started talking with one of the guards in front of a Cy Twombly piece and I was hooked.

tumblr_nke4vy04Nz1rttlrno1_640.jpg

Thermopylae 1992, Cy Twombly

The words read:

"Honor to those who in the life the lead define and guard a Thermopylae."

...and so began my weekly trips to the museum integrating and processing all of the beautiful, challenging, and inspiring thoughts from the psychedelic trip the night before. I guess I needed a change, inspiration, someone new to talk to; I found that there in the museums. It was awesome!

So, who has a favorite museum? Who has visited museums on acid (or after )? Who has a favorite psychedelic art work or a favorite artist?

THE+ROSE+(III),+2008.jpg

The Rose (III) 2008, Cy Twombly

Field museum in chicago pretty cool! Also did one in amsterdam on mushrooms and it was great.

Metropolitan Museum, MOMA, museum of natural history

I’ve never been to a museum on psychedelics but that sounds fun!

I went to the National Gallery on some acid (like 20mcg). I had a good time looking at impressionist paintings especially. Would recommend museum+acid (if you like acid.)

morton-vangogh.jpg

The colors and depth of the impressionist breathe life into artwork; Claude Monet in particular. Every color has a story and the brush strokes an emotion. Why do I feel this or that when I see this painting, why did I think that on my trip? Monet's work is a window into yourself. How did we ever get so lucky to have such inspiration so near? Could you have imagined the heresy of a Picasso during The Renaissance.

If you have an opportunity, visit a nice quiet museum (preferably on acid), lay down on the floor, and look up at one of the impressionist paintings from the ground and tell us what you think.

1056px-Claude_Monet_-_Villas_at_Bordighera_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

Die Villen in Bordighera 1884, Claude Monet

For more modern art, there's also Yayoi Kusama. Mind expanding, trippy. Someday I have to see that on LSD.

Last edited:
I have been to many lovely museums, and I am not sure which ones I have attended NOT on psychedelics. (not many, except when I was a kid)

"A commonly used term for a
level that produces a just perceptible effect is "museum level." This
is a slightly-over-threshold level which allows public activities
(such as viewing paintings in a museum or scenery watching as a
passenger in a car) to be entered into without attracting attention."
Phikal