Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and naseau

iDab420

Bluelighter
Hello bluelight

I have a problem in which psychedelics (and opiates/mdma) cause some naseau. Now I know nothing out of the ordinary but the problem doesn't stop if I take 8mg of odanestron 30mins before intake.

Particularly nbomes cause the most naseau 25D being in first, but I feel more naseauous in my throat rather than my stomach but when I throw up it's crazy intense and leaves me exhausted gasping for air for a few minutes then have the time of my life and maybe throw up again.

I kinda think this may be in my head because it feels like theres something stuck in my throat but ive thrown up and even low doses of oxycodone like 5-10mg has made me throw up. Smoking weed helps it out a lot but only for so long.

Thanks for your time

If ondansetron doesn´t help, then I don´t think much else will. Some people drink ginger tea, which is supposed to help.

8 mg does sound like a low dose of ondansetron though. Aren´t most tablets 10 mg? I´m no doctor, but I don´t think trying 20 mg could hurt.

I always get this 'something in my throat' feeling on NBOMe either, definitely not in your head, and meds such as metoclopramide (which i use for shroom nausea) doesn't help at all.

Ondansetron sounds like a good option - i've seen it recommended elsewhere, but the thing is it is inimaginably expensive here (I'm serious, like, two boxes of 10x 8mg pills could buy a motorcycle), i believe because it is used to great nausea in cancer patients... Are there any other 5HT3 antagonists accessible out there?

Some drugs have unavoidable nausea, especially phenethylamines. if possible switch up the drug, LSD or mushroom tea in my experience has little nausea. benzos and psychedelics is a great party combo with great feels, never had any nausea problems with this combo.

cannabis edibiles are particuarly helpful with nausea and psychedelic potentiation

Speaking of ondansetron, would it be worthwhile to acquire for someone who trips relatively frequently? I can get it for what seems fairly inexpensive.

I know phenethylamines are known for causing nausea, but personally I've noticed it with tryptamines perhaps even more. Ondansetron is a selective 5HT-3 antagonist so it shouldn't directly affect the mental or visual effects, correct?

Ondansetron works good with a mix of weed for me and helps with opiate naseau the most for me so i think it would be helpful. Pure lsd gives little naseau to me and im trying shrooms for the first time this week so ill see how that goes. I remember when i first started opiates (hydrocodones) i would be able to take massive amounts with no naseau whatsoever till one time I took like 20 mg(not the highest dose ive took) and just felt really sick with no positve effects just naseau headache and more and left me in the bed the whole day. Since then ive had naseau regulary and it sucks. Maybe possible damage?

If ondansetron doesn´t help, then I don´t think much else will. Some people drink ginger tea, which is supposed to help.

8 mg does sound like a low dose of ondansetron though. Aren´t most tablets 10 mg? I´m no doctor, but I don´t think trying 20 mg could hurt.
Mine are 4mg.
Ondansetron is just one of the things that can help. It's good stuff but IME first generation antihistamines are even better at dealing with body load from psychedelics. DPH, promethazine, cyclizine etc. Better yet: take ondansetron and an antihistamine.

I always get this 'something in my throat' feeling on NBOMe either, definitely not in your head, and meds such as metoclopramide (which i use for shroom nausea) doesn't help at all.
Metaclopromide is antidopaminergic. Shrooms don't cause nausea through dopaminergic mechanisms so I can't imagine this drug being of any use. It should work very well for opioid-related nausea though.

For you I would recommend a first-generation antihistamine (no cetirizine, loratadine etc. - it HAS to be a 1st gen). They work well for all sorts of nausea - even motion sickness (for which metaclopromide and ondansetron are ineffective).

Ondansetron sounds like a good option - i've seen it recommended elsewhere, but the thing is it is inimaginably expensive here (I'm serious, like, two boxes of 10x 8mg pills could buy a motorcycle), i believe because it is used to great nausea in cancer patients... Are there any other 5HT3 antagonists accessible out there?
Shit... I need to come to your area. I don't even pay for Ondansetron and I got a lot of it lol.

^ lol i know its ridiculous. Probably because its imported (Zafron and another brand) or something. And the generic one you need a prescription! :p

I always used metoclopramide as standard nausea med, so always took it before eating shrooms and never experienced any nausea, thought it was because of the med but perhaps shrooms just don't make me nauseous.

I'm curious, as I have seen this before...

But wtf is naseau? Is that nausea in a different language? If one is dyslexic or something, then I apologize.

Nausea can be psychosomatic. Easily. Did you eat a full meal before your dose?

And please reexamine your decision to take nbomes. We need to clear them out of the culture pronto.

LoL. It would've qualified as such if I haven't watched the strangest horror movies out there. Not that the pic is horrific in any way, just...unsettling. :)

LoL. It would've qualified as such if I haven't watched the strangest horror movies out there. Not that the pic is horrific in any way, just...unsettling. :)

Haha. I agree this is kind of weird. I could totally see an eccentric having a large collection of naseau paintings on the walls of his house.

What about this. Or this. I don't why but this is really funny. Look at this guy lol.

Last edited:
Lol, wow. The sound on the first one caught me off guard. And the 2nd one kind of looks like me. =D The third one, yeah, I think my fist would fit in there.

Now I'm getting nauseous, lol. I do like animals, but...not this much. Thanks though. :)

^ lol i know its ridiculous. Probably because its imported (Zafron and another brand) or something. And the generic one you need a prescription! :p

I always used metoclopramide as standard nausea med, so always took it before eating shrooms and never experienced any nausea, thought it was because of the med but perhaps shrooms just don't make me nauseous.
WOW... I just checked and Ondansetron is actually very expensive over here too. I had no idea.

You might want to look into promethazine. It's dirt-cheap, has antiserotonergic properties and works for all sorts of nausea. Cannabis is also highly effective as an antiemetic.