• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic Reading List

Isnt claiming to be a zombie quite a popular thing in the carrabean? That james bond film live and let die had the guy in skeleton paint pretending to be a zombie so they would all be scared of him 😀

All the claims for different yage barks reminds me of flower remedies over here - its all just placebo "i was just about to tickle my balls...
That was an excellent James Bond film. In today's hyper professional complaining/victim hyper-PC society and 'cancel culture' it would never get made.

I still dress up like that when holding ayahuasca ceremonys today
What was Ayahuasca like for you? The vomiting and diarrhoea must be horrible. Did you or whoever made the Ayahuasca ever add in those plants I posted about before?

I have read books about Ayahuasca and I do not like how many of the authors, besides Burroughs become extremely narcissistic and think they are enlightened, or that DMT or Ayahuasca does things that are scientifically or technologically impossible, as of now in 2021.

Last edited:
Oral dmt and moclobemide is a staggering high but too taxing physically. 4acodmt is ayahuasca but better with zero nausea

Reactions: SKL
Oral dmt and moclobemide is a staggering high but too taxing physically. 4acodmt is ayahuasca but better with zero nausea
I thought 4acodmt was basically almost like synthetic Psilocybin/Psilocin? Why not try actual Ayahuasca itself, wouldn't the added plants give different experiences to the DMT? I know someone who loved taking Ayahuasca with Brugmansia or tree Datura, as opposed to Ayahuasca/yagé without it.

Please continue to write book reviews! They are hilarious! Please consider posting them on Amazon and goodreads.

I believe my friends that are Hindu and south Asian would agree with you about Westerners/Europeans who take LSD, DMT/Ayahuasca, or magic Psilocybin truffles and then say they are Hindu or Buddhist, but join fake Hindu cults like Hare Krishna, or get involved with a guru that they give lots of money to.

I have told them about people I know who took psychedelic drugs, and how they then said they were devotees to Krishna, Shiva, etc. only nominally but they do not actually believe or really practise Hinduism/Buddhism, or that they are now Buddhist which they do not see as a sect or branch of Hinduism but think of it as atheism-my friend who is from Andhra Pradesh but who moved to Mumbai when her father transferred jobs in the 1980s thought that it was very funny and puzzling how westerners think if you practise Buddhism you are atheist or that it is all about atheism. But they all said how 99% of Hindus and Buddhists are born into the religion and that taking drugs or tripping does not make someone enlightened spiritually or make them better than people who have never tripped. These people are not super religious for Hindus and are not into Hindu nationalism.

Last edited:
Its just drinking the bark sludge i couldnt face - even eating extracted dmt and moclobomide still makes you vomit up your own ringpeice - theres an instant wave of nausea hits you as soon as the dmt hits your system. I even tried squirting the dmt up my bunghole to avoid my poor gut but even that makes you throw up. And oral dmt only lasts an hour or so really "peakin at the beacon".

People say 4aco is like shrooms but thats if you take below about 30mg and you dont know what eating dmt is like. I recognised it as dmt the minute i started coming up - no need for a maoi and no nausea. Marvellous stuff.

Operation White Rabbit traces the rise and fall—and rise and fall again—of the psychedelic community through the life of the man known as the “Acid King:” William Leonard Pickard. Pickard was a legitimate genius, a follower of Timothy Leary, a con artist, a womanizer, and a believer that LSD would save lives. He was a foreign diplomat, a Harvard fellow, and the biggest producer of LSD on the planet—if you believe the DEA.

A narrative for fans of Michael Pollan’s How to Change Your Mind, Pickard’s personal story is set against a fascinating chronicle of the social history of psychedelic drugs from the 1950s on. From LSD distribution at UC Berkeley to travelling the world for the State Department, Pickard’s story is one of remarkable genius—that is, until a DEA sting named “Operation White Rabbit” captured him at an abandoned missile silo in Kansas. Pickard, the DEA said, was responsible for 90 percent of the world’s production of lysergic acid.

The DEA announced to the public that they found 91 pounds of LSD. In reality, the haul was seven ounces. They found none of the millions of dollars Pickard supposedly amassed, either. But nonetheless, he is now serving two consecutive life sentences without possibility of parole. Pickard has become acid’s best-known martyr in the process, continuing his advocacy and artistic pursuits from jail.

Pickard has successfully sued the US government because his requests for information on his case returned two blank DEA documents. But the appeals of his sentence have continually failed. The author visits him regularly in jail in an effort to find the truth.
This book is amazing. I managed to read most of it over the last 2 days. I highly recommend it for anyone who is a fan of the history of psychedelics and particularly LSD and the people who helped bring it to the masses.
With special appearances from some of our favorite psychonauts like the Shulgins and Dave Nichols.

Moclo and smoked DMT is also quite nice. Lasts maybe 45 minutes and is kind of mushroomy. It reminded me of i.m. DMT.

Moclo and smoked DMT is also quite nice. Lasts maybe 45 minutes and is kind of mushroomy. It reminded me of i.m. DMT.

Does im dmt make you barf? Can u skinpop it or have to go in the muscle?

Does im dmt make you barf? Can u skinpop it or have to go in the muscle?
Doesn't cause any nausea IME. It might at huge doses (don't ask me what that is though, I never measured my dose. Just did about as much as I would've smoked.) You could probably do it subcutaneous but IM is going to be better. I really enjoyed it, it's shroomy but still with a slight DMT hyperspace type vibe. Much more mellow than smoking or IV though (we used to do the latter along with some heroin which was always a good time. In essence though it's the same as smoking without having to bother with the whole apparatus. Big ups RIP @GbizzleMcGrizzle )

I'd be super careful injecting any kind of plant matter though, a wheel filter is absolutely essential. I did it without when I was out there doing crazy shit but I was lucky not to catch an abscess or something worse. If you can do it safely though, know your way around a needle (I never recommend needle drugs to people who don't already) and like tryptamines, you would probably enjoy it a lot.

You'll also have to use citric acid or similar if you have the typical freebase DMT in order to dissolve it. Back in the day I did it with a little vinegar (and just a cotton as a filter) which I can't highly recommend against doing enough. It's a wonder we lived.

Don't inject drugs, though. Too many potential problems. I liked it better than smoking but I was an absolute madlad and a degenerate. All in all though doing it safely is a somewhat involved process.

Last edited:

New book by Sasha Shulgin being released next week.

The Nature of Drugs: History, Pharmacology, and Social Impact, Volume I was transcribed from the original lectures recorded on cassette tapes by Ann Shulgin at SFSU in 1987. This class was taught as an introductory course on drugs and biochemistry, and this transcription is a unique document being both a historical record of Sasha’s teaching style and the culmination in many ways of his philosophy on drugs, psychopharmacology, states of consciousness, and societal and individual freedoms pertaining to their use, both medicinal and exploratory. The Nature of Drugs is the story of humanity’s relationship with psychoactive substances from the perspective of a master psychopharmacologist and will enthrall anyone intrigued by this subject.

The full course of The Nature of Drugs will be published in either two or three volumes. Volume I presents Shulgin’s view on the origin of drugs, the history of U.S. drug law enforcement, human anatomy, the nervous system, the range of drug administrations, varieties of drug actions, memory and states of consciousness, and research methods. The discussions in Volume I lay the groundwork for Sasha’s philosophy on psychopharmacology and society, what defines a drug, the nature of a person’s relationship with a given compound, and for extensive examinations of dozens of compounds in Volume II.