View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic CEVs - What do you see?

explorer83

Bluelighter
So for some reason, in all of my psychedelic experiments, I haven't paid that much attention to CEVs. I usually kept my eyes open or was busy focusing on the mind aspect to notice. I have had a chance to have multiple trials with 2c-i and find to have interesting CEVs that I'm not sure is what many people see.

It's very hard to describe, but it feels sometimes as if I'm watching a movie screen with real things in it that somehow I can control. It looks as real as real-life but it's usually kind of blurry then will all of the sudden flash into the foreground. I can only describe it to watching this movie on a small tv screen then have it instantly being projected above you in a 360 degree screen like at a planetarium.

They switch between that and various psychedelic styles like from Media Player Visualizations.

What type of CEVs do you get from 2c-i or other psychedelics?

I'm changing the title to reflect the question, rather than focusing on only 2C-I.

Generally what I see with closed eyes are mental movies of fractallized patterns, or moving geometric shapes, depending on the drug. The style is always the same with each individual drug, but can vary widely between drugs. Most often, at a full dose, these patterns will seem to be laden with content, ie, they will tell a story or display archetypal themes. Sometimes they will not really seem to mean anything but will just be nice to look at.

I probably have less psychedelic experience than most of the people here, but from what I have seen, for me, it seems that the CEVs from tryptamine compounds are generally more varied and meaningful than the CEVs from phenethylamines.

The visuals from 2C-I and 2C-B, for instance, were fantastic, but didn't seem to have any deeper meaning at all. They were simply a side effect of the drug, and actually distracted from what I felt was their primary effect, which is entactogenic. They were just colorful, intricate, fractal-like patterns. Whenever I take either of these substances, it seems that the visuals are not the point. I should know whether or not this is the case with 2C-E in a couple of weeks :)

DMT, on the other hand, whether smoked or taken orally, always produces a strange encounter with other entities and fantastic visuals. In this case, the CEVs are an integral part of the message these entities are trying to convey. Psilocybin mushrooms also create meaningful visual patterns, almost as if I'm experiencing some crossed wires between the visual processing part of my brain and the emotional centers.

Salvia always gives me the exact same closed-eye visual, but I can't really shoehorn it into words very effectively. Something involving a bunch of triangles centered around a point between my eyes. For me, the visuals on salvia are meaningful, just like those from DMT.

Yeah for me salvia visuals seem meaningful but I cannot figure out what the meaning is. My favorite CEVs come from a hefty dose of LSD. If you are on the right dose, you can literally "go" anywhere in the world you want. For instance, if you think about being at the beach, you can feel like you are there in the most real sense-smell the ocean, feel the sand. On other lesser psychs CEV's are usually just patterns or shapes that are pretty to look at at.

My personal experiences:

LSD- Most notable would be seeing my physical movements in mandala-like depiction of myself as a hindu god. This, I discovered much later, had more relation to my life and the trip than I knew at the time.

2C-E- fractals, CG style "movies" that are totally surreal. One time I was getting frisky with my girlfriend and I had a kaleidascopic image of the pointing and winking jesus action figure and a bunch of nones show up and playful shout "no!" at me. fucking hillarious.

Salvia - blurry, indefinite shapes and stuff. Usually seems to be an object with some significance that I can't find. Another time I had a circle of little girls surround me while "stuck in the ground" and coax me to "come up" and "come through" because I was trying to break through that day. Still haven't.

The Alex Grey eye tunnel that is showcased in his paintings Sophia, Dying and White Light.

I probably have less psychedelic experience than most of the people here, but from what I have seen, for me, it seems that the CEVs from tryptamine compounds are generally more varied and meaningful than the CEVs from phenethylamines.

The visuals from 2C-I and 2C-B, for instance, were fantastic, but didn't seem to have any deeper meaning at all. They were simply a side effect of the drug, and actually distracted from what I felt was their primary effect, which is entactogenic. They were just colorful, intricate, fractal-like patterns. Whenever I take either of these substances, it seems that the visuals are not the point. I should know whether or not this is the case with 2C-E in a couple of weeks :)

DMT, on the other hand, whether smoked or taken orally, always produces a strange encounter with other entities and fantastic visuals. In this case, the CEVs are an integral part of the message these entities are trying to convey. Psilocybin mushrooms also create meaningful visual patterns, almost as if I'm experiencing some crossed wires between the visual processing part of my brain and the emotional centers.

Salvia always gives me the exact same closed-eye visual, but I can't really shoehorn it into words very effectively. Something involving a bunch of triangles centered around a point between my eyes. For me, the visuals on salvia are meaningful, just like those from DMT.

Hey, great post. :) Welcome to Bluelight and PD!

I took a shower on 3.5g of shrooms, and when I would close my eyes and wash my face or hair, I could see the stereotypical Buddha extending a hand toward my face.

if its not on dissociatives its geometric/linear normal psychedelic stuff stuff, or growing sliding veiny meat looking material (possibly eyelids?)
on k or dex i see clip-art cartoon looking characters doing whatever, i have a recurring cev or that windows paperclip dude; or tv commericals, billy mays haunted my cev's for a while too :(
big city slider station commerical came on as soon as i typed that too

On k I see blurry outlines of people that zoom in towards me
Sometimes theyre actually there, most times Im just in another dimension lol

On LSD I used to back complcicated multicoloured ribbons in knots that would swirl around as I tried to untangle them. For the pastt six months, though, I usually wind up seeing people I have never met, like I'm watching a TV show but the colours and contrast aren't quite right, and there's glare on the screen... It's very strange.

When I was on E i had CEV's of just random things, kinda like a sideshow of random pictures. I like open eye visuals better, I have seen shadow people popping up to the beat of the music and lights turning into my friends face.

Personal experiences:

Milkdrop-style swirling dots and patterns (which always makes me wonder - which came first, milkdrop or the images in my mind?)

Flowering fractal plants growing and twisting and falling back into themselves, leaves replicating, coloured in sort of 'holographic' colours somehow.

One time on san pedro I was sitting, eyes shut, enjoying these visuals while a friend described relationship problems to me; while he was describing the happy parts, the visuals were beautiful organic flowers and plants, fractally growing into infinity; when he mentioned things that were unpleasant and painful, the visuals changed into writhing tentacles or maggots with sharp hooks that were eating each other, like emotional synaesthesia.

none of this is of 'photographic quality' visual... all sort of a bit blurry and set against reddish black..

I've had a few intense flash-frame images pop into my head on occasion.. things like old-fashioned cinema notice boards with words emblazoned on them...

From mdma, cannabis and sleep deprivation I was once treated to a 15 minute display that included the ASCII character set being dumped, in reverse, letter by letter onto bright white text on a black background while i read it and tried to think what the next letter would be before it appeared. After playing with this for a while more I was presented with a haiku poem, white on black, which it seemed i could actually read... but when i got to the last word, the first word would change, and I'd have to start again from the start. very fun!

Salvia doesnt tend to be very visual for me but I always get the impression of lots of triangles made of coloured putty sort of being smudged together in a stained-glass window fashion.

I only really see patterns on low dose trips. With a decent dose it's always figures and creatures. There's always the contrast between fantastical loving creatures and figures and evil, demonic creatures. Basically all psychedelics give me the same character of CEVs, except for mushrooms - the CEVs I get from mushrooms are perhaps the best - it's a whole other world that I visit and all the people there show off, and project love to me. That's why I often cry from them. I don't seem to cry from other psychedelics.

it is different for all substances and depends on your surroundings.

When tripping on shrooms in a forest with sun shining down through the trees, I had a 3 hour long vision of an Aztec art circle thingy:
30c2lbs.jpg
. This was when I was staring at the sun with my eyes closed.

Another time while listening to a Jim Morrison spoken word CD I had synesthesic visions of Morrison's words as they came out of the air. I experienced the words visually as Jim read them. Very cool.

On 2c-i, I saw multi-colored dots rushing past my face like that old Windows star screensaver.

Just last week on mescaline I had visions of the aztec art thing again, but it was spinning and coming in an out of my vision from left to right. The symbols also changed and seemed to progress through time- there were pre-historic symbols, then it morphed to Aztec, then moved up to some modern stuff. Also cool

I see all the usual spiritual things but towards the end of DMT trips I often end up seeing rather unpleasant sexual things - like dozens of cocks in shitten red y-fronts and really hairy fannies.

I see all the usual spiritual things but towards the end of DMT trips I often end up seeing rather unpleasant sexual things - like dozens of cocks in shitten red y-fronts and really hairy fannies.

Hah, I got something similar to that the last time I took acid. Made sex seem really disgusting to me for some reason. Although, it repeated itself a few weeks ago in a K-hole and I just thought it was the best thing ever :)

Yeah it's usually quite repulsive. Some blokes enormous hairy gut hanging over his shit-stained y-fronts :D