Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelic Blackout

realm

Bluelighter
Hello Bluelighters,

It has been years since i've posted but felt compelled to share this story here to find someone who can hopefully shed some light on this.

For the purpose of not incriminating myself I am going to post this with little specifics.

Sometime in the near past I was with a friend and we decided to take some blotter I had recently acquired along with some Molly. She is fairly inexperienced with Molly and has never experienced acid (first mistake). I on the other hand am greatly experienced with both and felt she would be able to handle the experience (second mistake). We started by taking the Molly and about an hour into that experience I felt we would be OK to take LSD. When we first put the LSD on our tongue I realized it was bitter and spit it out immediately. I called the source to find out more information on the experience and I was assured it was real LSD and the trip is amazing. She wasn't lying, this was probably one of the strongest hits I have ever taken and by far some of the most amazing visuals I have ever seen.

I understand many may think that it was not LSD due to the fact that it was bitter but I would have to disagree, it may have been an analog but the experience was identical if not better than any LSD experience I have ever had, and i've had hundreds.

That being said, we launched into the trip and were having an amazing experience. She was feeling amazing and so was I. We decided to get into the tub and relax and shortly after that is when things start to get a little ugly. We got out of the tub and this is when it got weird. She started to become unresponsive to input and directions. I would ask her to start controlling her breathing and tried to bring her back down just like I had done with many other first timers with great success but this time it wouldn't work.

I became fairly worried for her safety after a period of time, she attempted to exit my home through the front door completely naked multiple times and locked herself in the bathroom at one point which forced me to knock down the door. I tried every possible way to bring her back down until I finally just realized she was blacked out completely and there was no coming back. She continued to have out bursts when I would try to communicate with her, and the only way I can describe her state is by saying it was similar to an alcohol black out; muttering to herself, out bursts, speaking her thoughts out loud with no filter, unwilling to stay clothed, sexually obsessed, and completely uncooperative.

Now that you understand the situation I'll get to the ending. I had to find a way to help her, I knew this wasn't typical and I needed help, I called my room mate who is a medic and he said there was nothing he could do. I called her friend to pick her up and help me with her, she would not come. Keep in mind I was already terrified this girl was going to die in my house either by her own hand or by some form of overdose (mostly I was worried she would kill herself).

Finally, I reached the conclusion that I would need to call her parents to help me ground her. This was my last resort. The Last possible out that I had short of just calling an ambulance and dealing with the fall out and the police. I disposed of everything incriminating in the house and called her parents. They were of course completely floored by the situation and blamed me for all of it. They arrived at my house, called the ambulance, the medics said her vitals were fine and suggested they drive her to the hospital to save the cost of an ambulance ride. Some how I ended up walking back into my house without going to jail or being shot by her father.

The end result for me is 3 death threats, nearly being thrown out of my house (pissed off room mate), and as for the girl she is now contemplating suicide. We are of course no longer allowed to communicate nor would I want to and I have blocked her from all forms of communication. This is not a good look for me at 28 years old.

The more I think about it the more I understand the importance of never giving LSD to someone without having some form of benzo nearby to abort the trip.

I have never seen a reaction like this in all my years of using psychedelics (12 years), I'm hoping someone out there can shed some light on what happened to her? Has anyone else ever experienced this with someone on LSD?

By the way, I took the same amount she did and had it not been for her freak out it would have been the top 5 most amazing doses of my life.

Last edited:
I personally don't have a lot of experience but first time I tried LSD was alongside with molly. I took half a tab of LSD and my normal molly dose 2 hours in. I must say that when the molly really hit me, I freaked out because acid felt 1000x stronger, I felt dizzy, confused and utterly uncomfortable. I'm glad it was just half a tab because I would've probably experienced a similar blackout if I took a full blotter.

Thanks for the response Fridolin. The more I think about it the more I can't help blame myself for giving her too high of a dose. I've never seen someone have that kind of reaction and there is no way I could know she was going to react that way but I still can't help but blame myself...I feel like I failed her so badly.

Update: I've spoken to her and she has attempted suicide and has had many issues integrating the experience. She says she has learned a lot about her demons and will be seeking psychiatric care. Jesus...what a complete and utter disaster.

i guess i've been in a similar state before. i once took one and a half of some really strong blotters (and i'm sensitive to psychedelics. half a tab often has me tripping nicely) and after a few hours i was gone most of the time. most of the time i was in fractal land but that was sometimes interrupted by dream sequences (=reality) which i thought weren't as real as fratal land at the time. for the most part is was just a very intense trip, but as the experience went on it became more and more clear that the universe was going to end. plus the universe was disappointed that i was trying to stop that, if that makes any sense ;). that got me increasingly agitated and my friends told me i was alternating between lying there, sitting and running, jumping, screaming. in hindsight i remember most of it somewhat, but at the time i thought it was just a weird dream sequence, while the "real world" would happen when i was lying still.

12 hours aften taking the lsd i came down from this state in a few seconds and i remember thinking "this world? i remember it now, but i didn't think it still existed...". i took me months to integrate the experience and i often felt slightly dissociated at the time and would become anxious every time i thought about that trip. i took a lot of work (including taking up buddhism and dismissing it again), but i can now laugh about it :). i hope the girl you speak of can also find her balance again.

i don't think there's much you can do in such a situation. we were four people, two of my fellow trippers were completely helpless (and one of them hasn't touched lsd ever since he saw me freak out like that :) ) and one girl would give me a friendly smile from time to time, which i remember had a bit of a comforting effect. but having a conversation simply wasn't possible.

It's probably because MDMA is an SSRI and LSD would likely have unpredictable affects when combined with it. Combining those two drugs in a person who isn't even very experienced with them was just asking for trouble, and you reaped a crapload. Dosing chicks with powerful drugs is just not going to be worth the aggravation for the possible sex.

We are of course no longer allowed to communicate nor would I want to and I have blocked her from all forms of communication.

why is that? you gave her an earth-shattering dose of LSD (or maybe it was NBOMe..i've read about these kinds of reactions more frequently from that class of drugs), and now you are basically abandoning her? obviously she chose to take the drug as well...but i don't think you would feel guilty if there wasn't at least a small reason to feel that way.

i have dosed a couple friends who have had difficult experiences (not as bad as this), and i always felt bad for them...not angry.

I've seen reactions involving unresponsiveness and stupor three times before, twice involving the same guy.. He indulged in hallucinogens fairly regularly, and, in my gauge at the time, seemed will versed in psychedelia. Nonetheless, like I said, he lost it well, and both incidents involved doses that shouldn't have caused any problems, too! During both incidents involving this guy, as well as the time some little girl went ballistic on the 2C-C, the symptoms presented also included hypersexuality and ego-loss to the point of talking to themselves in the third person. It's such a hassle.. I don't really know how else to contribute, other than letting you know you're not the only one..

On a lighter note, I've never been successful at stopping anyone from escaping outside naked..

why is that? you gave her an earth-shattering dose of LSD (or maybe it was NBOMe..i've read about these kinds of reactions more frequently from that class of drugs), and now you are basically abandoning her? obviously she chose to take the drug as well...but i don't think you would feel guilty if there wasn't at least a small reason to feel that way.

i have dosed a couple friends who have had difficult experiences (not as bad as this), and i always felt bad for them...not angry.

@Jason7: It didn't have as much to do with the sex, that's always just a bonus. I really like this girl, I was with her for about 6 months up until this point and really viewed this as an opportunity to break her out of her shell and connect deeply with her. Boy, was I wrong.

@porkstock: The reason I feel a form of guilt is because I feel responsible for her taking the dose that she did. I'm the experienced one and I should have known better than to give her a full tab after 3 doses of MDMA. She trusted me and I failed her. Then I further failed her by not being able to help her understand the experience while it happened. I'm not trying to beat myself up because i've done the same to myself with friends. No one felt bad for me on my first trip when I freaked out because I made the choice. In this case I just feel terrible because of how helpless she was and how much trouble she's had understanding what happened.

On a lighter note, I've never been successful at stopping anyone from escaping outside naked..

Thanks for looking on the bright side...I stopped her three times. I guess i'm not as bad as I thought haha.

Is the general consensus that she had this reaction due to the mixture of LSD and MDMA? Do you think it would have been minimized if the MDMA was removed from the combination? I know there is no real way to answer this question but theoretically is the understanding that the two don't mix well for inexperienced users?

I've done this combination countless times with great effects...and in fact this time I did it with great effects. I have been told I can take massive amounts of drugs with a very high tolerance. I seem to forget this sometimes. (Not bragging just stating what i've experienced and been told)

Update: I have also found out that she was not blacked out the whole time. Incredibly, she remembers almost everything but was somewhat stuck inside herself. She was torn between letting go of her former self and getting close to me, and on the reverse side she was attempting to hold on to who she was/is but hated. I think any of us who have taken strong doses can't relate to this feeling. It can be very alarming and terrifying.

Last edited:
@Jason7: It didn't have as much to do with the sex, that's always just a bonus. I really like this girl, I was with her for about 6 months up until this point and really viewed this as an opportunity to break her out of her shell and connect deeply with her. Boy, was I wrong.

I see. I still think it was a bad combination, though I know it's commonly done without the effects you described. The fact that the blotters tasted bitter indicates that it was NBOMe or DOx, probably NBOMe. 1 mg blotters are common now so that's probably what they were and that's a high dose. Your friend who you got it from probably doesn't know himself what it is, or else he's just lying to sell it. No LSD tastes bitter.

That was my exact though but what I can say is that the effects were identical to all the tasteless LSD I've taken. It definitely wasn't DOx as i've taken that before and usually lasts much much longer with a much longer come up. We came up in 20 minutes and had only what I would say is a strong LSD trip.

I could be wrong about the chemical which is why I mentioned it may be an analog but i'll be damned if it wasn't identical to every LSD experience i've had.

I'm not trying to understand what I took that would be an exercise in futility, what i'm trying to understand is other people's experiences with this type of blackout. The more it develops the more I'm seeing it is not an entirely uncommon situation. I personally have never seen this and i'm somewhat comforted knowing that it has happened to others as odd as that may be. I understand now she didn't have a complete psychological break or trigger a deep psychological disorder thankfully.

Last edited:
I've seen blackouts happen to people on nbomes, quite a few times and it usually happened to people who were up all night on MDMA or x-ABP and then took nbomes... Not personally heard of people blacking out from LSD. I do know people who blackout after taking large amounts of MDMA. You said you gave her three doses, but what kind of doses are we talking about?

Blacked out on shrooms - my vision went white and then I was in a dark space - something warm> my friends legs which I had collapsed around - when I realised I sprung up and felt ok but freaked my mates a bit

I've seen blackouts happen to people on nbomes, quite a few times and it usually happened to people who were up all night on MDMA or x-ABP and then took nbomes... Not personally heard of people blacking out from LSD. I do know people who blackout after taking large amounts of MDMA. You said you gave her three doses, but what kind of doses are we talking about?

I gave her .3 of some very pure MDMA. And just to clarify further upon speaking to her at length about her experience she wasn't blacked out pre se, she was just not in control of the experience. She was experiencing a duality of herself and was fighting to regain control but was unable to. From my perspective I can only say it was akin to a blackout because of what I was seeing. Apparently, she was fully conscious but was unable to fully articulate what she was experiencing in order to communicate with me.

Also, I've read a little bit about NBOMe and from what I understand it is an analog to LSD. Is there a reason it didn't effect me negatively at all and was identical to every LSD experience I've had?

I fear this has turned or is turning into an identification thread which was not my intent. I was simply seeking more people who have experienced similar experiences such as this to elaborate or articulate what happened before/during/after.

I greatly appreciate all the responses and feedback.

Okay, let's just say it was LSD. That 300 mg dose of X was quite high. Should have went with maybe 150.

I had a good friend a few years ago who I used to eat a lot of acid and ecstasy with. He was normally pretty cool to trip with but every once in a while he would get weird. By that I mean he would say weird things, speak thoughts out loud unfiltered, hit himself and take his clothes off, quite similar to what you have described here.
The last trip I took with him was the last night I ever saw or spoke to him in person again. Everyone ate three hits of Jerry Garcia blotter. This was great LSD and the night started out perfect. About three hours into the trip though my buddy started getting really weird. We were tripping with another mutual friend and his girlfriend. Well my buddy starts looking at our friends girlfriend and trying to grab her breasts and touch her in other innapropriate ways. We were all tripping face with no clue how to react to this. He started stripping, we couldn't control him, so we locked him in the basement and stayed upstairs for are own safety.
He destroyed everything we checked on him a few hours later and found him pouring a bottle of bleach all over himself...the next morning was really awkward and he claimed to not remember a single bit of the entire trip.

The first time I ever did LSD, I blacked out. I basically sat in one spot, on a couch, in a house party, for about 7 hours, very little of which I remember (it wasn't a complete blackout, as I do remember some fragments). It was like someone hit the fast-forward button on my brain and the next thing I knew, I emerged from the house into the daylight, squinting and dazed, clutching a half-drunk beer at 7 or 8 AM or so.

I've had the blackouts from high doses of DOI (4 tabs) which I was sold as LSD, and about a gram of MDMA which I had taken throughout the night (tabs where taken in the morning time) I was having the most beautiful trip of my life but was on the way back from an illegal rave, yeah i know silly to drop so much acid towards the end of a rave lol. Anyway I'd never been this trippy before and I had a constant worry of it turning bad, which I was managing to keep pushing to the back of my head. Even after seeing my friend go into a really strange state similar to the one you've described, baring in mind he had taken 3 tabs and I had taken 4 so i was in some way certain it was going to go wrong. Anyway we've returned home and I've gone to my sisters (I've told her I'm tripping major balls and she was cool with it but doesn't quite know how to handle people at extreme doses) anyway I get back and everything's fine. Next thing I'm waking up in hospital with vivid nightmare like memories. I was told I just went weird, stood up and walked up to my sister and said "are you real" she replied yes, then I grabbed her by the throat and started getting violent and freaking out. Screaming and running away from demons that weren't there. I was in my own personal hell, trapped in my own mind with a spiralling negative mindstate and completely overpowered by the drug. Anyway I remember about 2 minutes in total of about what felt like 20 different bad trips that I had, and this went on for about 4 hours before my sister finally resorted to calling the police who restrained me and took me to hospital (it took 8 of them apparently and I extremely skinny) this was just over a year ago and I still feel a bit headfucked from it. So blackouts are a thing with psychedelics when you take extremely heavy doses. Hopefully your friend comes to terms with her experience and regains her mental stability, all the best.

I had a good friend a few years ago who I used to eat a lot of acid and ecstasy with. He was normally pretty cool to trip with but every once in a while he would get weird. By that I mean he would say weird things, speak thoughts out loud unfiltered, hit himself and take his clothes off, quite similar to what you have described here.
The last trip I took with him was the last night I ever saw or spoke to him in person again. Everyone ate three hits of Jerry Garcia blotter. This was great LSD and the night started out perfect. About three hours into the trip though my buddy started getting really weird. We were tripping with another mutual friend and his girlfriend. Well my buddy starts looking at our friends girlfriend and trying to grab her breasts and touch her in other innapropriate ways. We were all tripping face with no clue how to react to this. He started stripping, we couldn't control him, so we locked him in the basement and stayed upstairs for are own safety.
He destroyed everything we checked on him a few hours later and found him pouring a bottle of bleach all over himself...the next morning was really awkward and he claimed to not remember a single bit of the entire trip.

It appears that what must be done when somebody goes off the rails on psychs is to actually tie them to a chair until it's over. If they're loose at all they'll do something insane and possibly hurt themselves or others. Just keep some rope on hand for such occasions and a good sturdy chair. Or I suppose you could hogtie them on the floor, but they might squirm around and bang into stuff. If they get mad about it later and start talking shit about having you charged with false imprisonment or something just remind them that it's their word against yours and they're clearly deranged so who will the cops believe?

^ QFT if you take psychedelics definitely have the chairs and rope ready. God there have been a handful of times where i wish i had that or handcuffs. It would have been so much better then spending like 6 hours physically holding someone down.

The last time I tripped I dosed 3 blotters of 25i (I know stupid) I think I got in this state but was alone so I wouldn't know but I'm pretty sure I blacked out on my bed and was just sitting there tweaking, although regardless of how it looked it was one of my best trips to date and my first full ego death.