• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

PST Absorbtion & Tolerance

dr4g0nflaw

Greenlighter
Hello everyone. I've been reading BL forums for quite some time but this will be my first post. I attempted using the search funtion but haven't quite found an existing thread to satisfy my questions. So, here goes.

I haven't ever actually consumed opiates without a valid prescription. However, I've been prescribed them off and on over the years and 2015 kicked my ass between hockey and skating injuries - breaking both arms, splitting my head open, getting a concussion, breaking my big two in the places, having three oral surgeries, and dislocating my knee. Needless to say, these injuries yielded quite the amount of pharmaceuticals.

The primary objective of consuming these medications has typically been acheiving analgesic effects, but with a clear secondary objective of recreation.

This year, I've already had two oral surgeries and the pain is still getting to me. However, the doctors bills and whatnot are killing me. So, I'm attempting to move away from doctor visits and repeated prescriptions.

Enter Poppy Seed Tea. I've done quite a bit of reading and research regarding it, and just ordered a couple pounds of unwashed seeds which should get here soon.

The real questions I have are regarding absorbtion and tolerance.

First, I am very curious how the alkaloids become absorbed (in the stomach, intestine, etc.). A very important piece of my story is that I have had roux-en-y gastric bypass surgery. This means liquid substances typically hit me much faster such as alcohol. It passes through my stomach rather quickly and becomes aborbed in my intenstines.

Secondly, I am unable to determine my tolerance from an overall perspective. I know that some of tolerance is subjective, but typically I take about 10mg oxycodone to get me feeling okay, and then dose another 10mg about an hour later. When I'm taking oxycodone I will usually take about 50mg (or 10 5mg oxycodones) over the course of a day.

So, relating back to PST, does anyone have any advice for me regarding dosing and whatnot? Has anyone out there with gastric bypass tried PST?

I am moving on to PST because Kratom does nothing for me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I wouldnt advise using PST because there's such a massive variability among all poppy seed teas you can make. I have made some that were weak as hell and i could drink the whole pot i made, but another time, i made some so strong that literally two sips made me incredibly high. You HAVE to be very careful with this. There really isnt any advice i can give you about the dosages. I always use 3/4th of a pound, and i have had so much variability in strength, and if your stomach absorbs things differently, you would have to be super careful because it could make you sick quickly.
I hope for the best for you though

Oxycodone and the other opioids are absorbed by the intestines, there is no gastric absorption. Because of the chemical structure, they do not pass into your bloodstream via the stomach at all because of the stomach acid. However, in the intestines they are easily absorbed, they are small molecules and are very soluble and permeable. Because of your gastric bypass, gastric emptying will probably be much quicker than for the rest of us, therefore passage into the intestines will occur sooner and you will notice an effect sooner.

Thanks for the responses! As for PST I know the batches supposedly vary immensely in strength so I will start out slow, regardless. I guess, then, that the dose should theoretically hit me much faster. To err on the side of caution though I should still wait the hour or so before trying anymore if the first bit doesn't hit right away as expected?

Additionally with oxys, there is nothing in their chemical composition that requires stomach acid to break down the tablet? Same for the apap combos like percocet, or are they chemically diifferent?

definitely wait the full hour, and im pretty sure that although oxycodone and other opioids are water soluble, the apap/acetaminophen is not, so i think stomach acid plays a role with that but not the oxy (i think...)

Thanks. Back to the issue of tolerance - would you say I'm pretty opiate naive considering 10-20mg of oxy gets me pain free and pretty content?

I would not at all say that you are opiate naive. You have a tolerance, its just relatively low (relatively compared to people on chronic pain meds and addicts). But no matter what your tolerance is, you still have to be super careful. First off, the bitterness and cloudiness of the PST is a good measurement for how strong it is. The most recent batch i made was awfully bitter, to the point where i had to chase it with something to get the taste out of my mouth (and i enjoy whiskey straight), this was also the tea that made me sick after just two sips, and i have a slight tolerance due to the very occasional tramadol and daily kratom.

my girlfriend has had bastric bypass and uses PST. she says she feels it working in a half hour, as for me i feel it in just under an hour.

i have got my seeds from the same source for four years, so in my experiance there is no massive difference in potency. i use 1.25lbs and equate this to about 50mg oxycodone.. which for me is just enough to get well and if i'm luck catch a lil buzz.

I'm 20 minutes in and I can already feel the tingling, warm, calm coming over my body. Almost completely pain free and having a little trouble focusing.
My stomach is a little bothered though. I used about 3/4 pound, added water, and squeezed a fresh lime into it. I drank about half the liquid which was about a US Standard cup.

I tried it before with store bought seeds but could tell they were washed to all hell. They didn't do a thing.

But this... This is certainly much different. I am so very pleasantly surprised!

Sadly with PST, i couldnt tell you whether half of a cup was too much or too little, but i hope you end up with a good experience.

Yeah it was pretty alright. I guess the seeds weren't fantastic but they definitely were effective. I felt the effects a good bit after the first cup, and then drank a second cup about a 1.5 hours later when the effects seemed to stabalize. I think I made it pretty weak though. Only lasted about 3-4 hours...

I had bought a pound of seeds at an organic market a few weeks ago and tried it with that and got nothing. This batch I ordered online were advertised as unwashed and when I compared them side by side with some I had left over from the store they were definitely different.
The batch I made last night was pretty potent. I got the nod pretty hard and woke up on the couch biting the shit out of my tongue.
The experience isn't really like I was expecting... Not like prescription painkillers hardly at all, at least in my opinion.

I guess my question now is... What is it supposed to feel like at a moderate dose? I want to take more than my first batch but not quite as much as to make me nodding off. I got the itchiness terribly yesterday as well.

Yeah the itch is pretty bad on PST, but moderate doses for me usually feel like a mild dose of hydrocodone (which for me is about 15mg) with a little physical stimulation (like fast heart rate)