• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals Psilocybin Kombucha

I'm assuming you're using cubensis, which in that car 0.7 grams is a very low dose, but too high for a microdose. Microdoses are more like 0.1 g while a starting dose would be 1.5 g with 3g being the start of a full dose.

Yeah, it's P. cubensis I'm using.

I'm using low doses to start because of two reasons:

--I don't want to waste mushrooms on something that won't work

--I can't be sure what the effects could be and so don't need to go in too deep to start so as to invite extreme reactions

I normally dose mushrooms in the 3-4g range and last month was my first low dose (1.1g) tea attempt. I started with a lower dose for the kombucha experimentation because I found the 1.1g tea dose to be unpleasant on the peak in a way that I have found doses of 2-7g don't present.

Didn't want any surprises when trying something new.

Yeast is fungus: Yeasts are eukaryotic, single-celled microorganisms classified as members of the fungus kingdom (from wikipedia)

I had no idea (or if I did I forgot lol).. Guess ya learn something new every day.

To this all add Scoby. Normally the drink will turn very sour when you leave it to long but this method produced my best tasting ever. And that was after I had to leave it due to labor responseability's. So it was at least 3 weeks overdue. But tasted better then any brew before.

When you say scoby are you referring to the layer of cellulose that forms on the top? Ive heard it called a pellicle
When I was working with buddy and even now at home I dont bother with adding that layer.. I just use a batch of starter fluid.
Whats your take?

@SunriseChampion I havent brewed in a bit but when I do Ill give this a whirl and let ya know

I'm not a fancy pants hipster and had to google Kombucha - and I must say I'm none the fuckun wiser...

However, I once brewed up a couple of hundred Psilocybe semilanceata, filtered them and stored the liquid in a Grolsh bottle at the back of the fridge. Forgot about it for a year. Fuck knows what manner of fermentation and microbial growth had occurred in that time, but when I shared it with a mate we had the most fuckin far out trips of our lives. There was no headfuck, no stimulation, just pure out of body experience. The psilocybin and psilocin definitely did not degrade and had somehow become more potent.

I wouldn't recommend trying this as it could have just been a lucky chance occurrence that resulted in an awesome trip, rather than explosive diarrhoea and projectile vomiting...

How can't you people just eat shrooms raw?

They taste fine... i don't think they taste good or bad to me but i can handle them def very easily.

Ive no problem just munching em straight either
But iirc chitin is indigestible, despite the enzyme chitanase, and can cause gastro distress.

And though I doubt that simply making an acidified tea dephosphorylates anything, I do find that teas hit harder
Likley as most of the actives have been extracted into the tea already.

How can't you people just eat shrooms raw?

They taste fine... i don't think they taste good or bad to me but i can handle them def very easily.

For years, I ate them raw and would gag just looking at them.

Fuck no. Once I went tea I didn't look back. Also, never get gut rot anymore with tea.

I can't do it and it's bad enough having one of my besties around when he's just grabbing dry shrooms out of a bag and eating them like popcorn. He calls it stress eating. :D

I had no idea (or if I did I forgot lol).. Guess ya learn something new every day.

When you say scoby are you referring to the layer of cellulose that forms on the top? Ive heard it called a pellicle
When I was working with buddy and even now at home I dont bother with adding that layer.. I just use a batch of starter fluid.
Whats your take?

@SunriseChampion I havent brewed in a bit but when I do Ill give this a whirl and let ya know
The yellyfish like thing is called pellicle. You learned me some new. Scoby is short for Symbiotic Culture Of Bacteria's & Yeast's

I have heard people going from live starter fluid's. But when using my brewing techniques you'll get at least two of these disks extra per brew.

So I was never short and the pellicle is crucial but it can be done without they say

just grab out the motar and pestle grind your shrooms now and then put the powder into capsules this way you have a easy to take doses. This is the best and strongest method to do shrooms since your entire dose is consumed within seconds it all hits at once no taste though when they hit your digestion system that taste somehow just pops up in your mouth away lingering for the trip.

My first two trips are the only time i threw up on shrooms. After that my body got use to digesting them now i don't really feel the naseusa that bad.

I had to eat my 7 gram trip dried totally raw i just cut them up into smallest pieces shoved hand fulls into my mouth and swalloed with water no fucking with the taste within a few mins i had finished them all.

just grab out the motar and pestle grind your shrooms now and then put the powder into capsules this way you have a easy to take doses. This is the best and strongest method to do shrooms since your entire dose is consumed within seconds it all hits at once no taste though when they hit your digestion system that taste somehow just pops up in your mouth away lingering for the trip.

The goal as I understand from Tacodude is experiment with the effects of fermentation and acidification of the Psylocybine alkaloids.

Lots of things have increased bioavailability when fermented. No Idea what the acidic environment will do?
But I do get where his/ her drive is coming from.

I have a bottled secondary ferment of 0.7g that's been sitting on the counter for 8 days. Going to maybe give it another week and then try it next weekend during the holiday. :D

Other than that, I keep fucking up and leaving the 1 day secondary for too long so I still don't have an answer on that, but I'm still pretty stoked about my result from last week of the week old secondary ferment having a character of its own, distinguishable from just straight mushrooms. Going to recreate that after I try the two week secondary I have going now.

After that, I'm finally going to do a 1 day and if that has promising results, I'm going to get more mushrooms and brew up 8L of tea for a primary kombucha ferment shortly thereafter.

Damn, it's going to be a bubbly summer. :D

I have a bottled secondary ferment of 0.7g that's been sitting on the counter for 8 days. Going to maybe give it another week and then try it next weekend during the holiday. :D

Other than that, I keep fucking up and leaving the 1 day secondary for too long so I still don't have an answer on that, but I'm still pretty stoked about my result from last week of the week old secondary ferment having a character of its own, distinguishable from just straight mushrooms. Going to recreate that after I try the two week secondary I have going now.

After that, I'm finally going to do a 1 day and if that has promising results, I'm going to get more mushrooms and brew up 8L of tea for a primary kombucha ferment shortly thereafter.

Damn, it's going to be a bubbly summer. :D
Are you brewing raw like I mentioned?Any ideas on what will happen to the alkaloids of the shrooms?

Last edited:
Are you brewing raw like I mentioned?

I don't make the kombucha. My old man does. Not entirely sure how he goes about it. I'm just going to be providing the tea which I will brew myself. Black tea with P. cubensis.

Any ideas on what will happen to the alkaloids of the shrooms?

No one seems to know. And even after I finish this experiment, I won't really know shit about the chemistry of what the hell happened, only its effects.

So, I made a 4g secondary ferment in 500mL of kombucha and left it with two mates in the east end. They were supposed to try it last week, after it had sat for 7 days but they failed so they're trying it tonight. It's going to be more than double the dose I tried myself, and twice the length of time. There are two of them so they're splitting it in half 2g/250mL each.

I'm making another bottle for another mate. He's going to get a full 4g to himself. Finally was able to assemble test subjects so it's kicking off now. :D

Damn chumps haven't drank the potion yet. So I'm hoping they follow through next week, but the shit will likely be vinegar by then. Still carrying on with my other mate drinking a 4g/500mL solution to himself as well as another 2g/250mL solution I've prepared for myself. Will ingest next Saturday. I hope those other two mates of mine follow through next week so I can get an idea of what the effects are after 3 weeks and it becoming vinegar.😅

@SunriseChampion
Why not just fridge it and effectively cease secondary fermentation?

I'm still purposely letting it run through secondary ferment because I still want to eventually use a psilocybin tea as a base for the kombucha. So I'm seeing what the effects are after long-term exposure to the fermentation process.

I've already tried the kombucha tek method and found it to work in the same way as lemon tek, as was thought it would. The acid converting the psilocybin to psilocin, making the solution more potent with faster onset because of the higher bioavailability of the psilocin.

I think the week-long secondary ferment ends up with no psilocin whatsoever. I'm further experimenting to see just how different the high is at different doses to that of straight mushrooms. It was noticably different at the previous low dose I tried in the spring (0.7g/250mL).

I don't know what the hell my two mates in the east end are going to end up doing but me and my bestie have a day planned this weekend where he drinks the 4g/500mL and I drink the 2g/250mL and we compare notes.