View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psilocybin and Mirtazapine?

chrispche

Bluelighter
Hi all, I have access to a source of Psilocybin which is quite legal in my country. I was wondering if it would work while being on the following meds. Mirtazapine, Aripiprazole and Lamotrigine.

Now I know that SSRI's knock out Serotonin based psychedelics. However, none of those meds block reuptake as far as I know. So I should I think get an effect. If it's of any interest MDMA works just fine on that med regime.

Before anyone says that I shouldn't take Psilocybin on those meds because I'm treating bipolar. I just want to say after reading many many reports of the lasting antidepressant effects with one dose Psilocybin. Naturally I plan to experiment with this.

I don't think they will cancel the trip but they might dull the whole experience a bit.

Hi all, I have access to a source of Psilocybin which is quite legal in my country. I was wondering if it would work while being on the following meds. Mirtazapine, Aripiprazole and Lamotrigine.

Now I know that SSRI's knock out Serotonin based psychedelics.

SSRI's dull the psychedelic experience somewhat. You can still trip just fine, you'll probably require a slightly higher dose though.

However, none of those meds block reuptake as far as I know. So I should I think get an effect.

Both mirtazapine and aripiprazole block 5HT2a receptors. *That* is what truly annihilates the psychedelic experience. As I said, SSRI's only decrease its intensity slightly; 5HT2a antagonists, on the other hand, can block it completely. After all, classical psychedelics like LSD and psilocin act as 5HT2a agonists, so a 5HT2a antagonist is to psychedelics what naloxone is to opioids.

I've used mirtazapine to abort trips (4-ho-mipt, 2c-t-4) in the past, so I wouldn't reccomend you waste psilocybin by combining the two...

Somehow none of these heavy sedating pills of various kinds, including anti-psychotics abort trips for me. But my brain is a little different somehow. Normal people should be able to use it for this purpose.