View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

pscilocybin visuals being enhanced by HPPD

Draind

Bluelighter
so long story short, and i didnt know how to word the question for the search engine,
i have some sort of HPPD from a heavy heavy 2c-b/mdma/2c-e abuse period, they are mainly reminiscent of 2c-b,

i appears to me, that when i do shrooms now it feels like my visuals are alot like 2c-b blankets, but all the shroom visuals are goin on too.
if anyone understands what i mean by the 2c-b blanket visuals, its almost like aztek is written on everything in tiny pixels of the 3 primary colors. not on, but over everything.

anyways, tl:dr, can HPPD increase the intensity or guide further psychedelic trips in the visual department?

Going on the rationalse that HPPD is simply endogenous visual artefacting from the complex visual circuit in the brain, I don't see any reason pre-existing HPPD would not add to the visual effects of hallucinogens.

right on, thanks sekio. i had 1 or 2 trips before my abuse period, and now my shroom trips seem to be so much more then they were.

I did a very large dose of 2cb over a period where i was visually hallucinating for 36 hours straight. This was a year ago almost and i have exactly what you describe.

Is "blanket visuals" a common term? I find that lysergaides have exacerbated and definitely worsened my HPPD symptoms.....It seems even MORE common however that the 2cX family is the cause of hppd from very few experiences.

early in the mourning my HPPD is most apparent, then it quickly fades. My radiators can kinda create a strobe effect all by themselves because of the vertical lines, same thing with a patterned burbur carpet.

Makes perfect sense to me that these things would be amplified by new active hallucinogens. I still question weather HPPD is actually thing like a symptom or if it simply a heightened awareness of something that was always there. Afterall really if one can meditate into a hallucinogenic state...... really makes me question what HPPD really is. We always simply reffered to this a permavision. I have it, I suppose, as I can see trailers at time, or did I always see them, and now I am somehow more aware of them?

Ever since I first started getting leftover visuals (not gonna call it HPPD it doesn't trouble me), even underdoses of psychedelics give me some degree of visuals (as well cannabis & amphetamines each have visuals they bring).

Like I take what turns out to be an underdose, I have moderate visuals + body high but my headspace is basically normal. The visuals I get from cannabis or amps are more or less the same strength as well, with different characters (cannabis visuals are a lot hazier, darker, & simpler than psych ones, amphet visuals are basic phenethylamine visuals but not as strong or complex).

Last edited:
Does HPPD have to be a negative in a persons life. I guess when it gets labeled as a syndrome it becomes a negative, or it becomes a way to label a negative. I really do feel any true psychedelic experience allows a user to open their minds up and see things in different ways, notice a bit more about the world. Trees and the movement they have as the wind blows never struck me as something to study and even 'admire / contemplate' until I used psychadelics. Now I can look at a tree on a windy day and find myself enthralled by the majesty of the movements as green leaves turn over and around revealing almost silvery undersides. I think some people never stop to really see the beauty in something so simple. I may have been a person just like that had I never indulged.

Not that I am a tree hugging hippy now, but I just mean I see the world...... some people have eyes but they do not 'see' the same things I see.

Does HPPD have to be a negative in a persons life. I guess when it gets labeled as a syndrome it becomes a negative, or it becomes a way to label a negative. I really do feel any true psychedelic experience allows a user to open their minds up and see things in different ways, notice a bit more about the world. Trees and the movement they have as the wind blows never struck me as something to study and even 'admire / contemplate' until I used psychadelics. Now I can look at a tree on a windy day and find myself enthralled by the majesty of the movements as green leaves turn over and around revealing almost silvery undersides. I think some people never stop to really see the beauty in something so simple. I may have been a person just like that had I never indulged.

Not that I am a tree hugging hippy now, but I just mean I see the world...... some people have eyes but they do not 'see' the same things I see.

I agree that it doesn't have to be something negative. I know exactly what you mean about noticing the beauty in the simple things like a tree waving in the wind. Small details about the world that go unnoticed by most, but when you open your eyes and look at the world differently, you can see that everything has it's own natural beauty