• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

PS3: How does it rate, will Sony stay ahead in the console war?

Woah woah woah, I didn't aim anything at you, yoker, I'm sorry if it came out that way, I think the GBL was making me confrontational. I just don't think anyone can make a prediction on what will happen especially at this early stage.

I didn't think the 360 was worth it when it launched but for some reason I suddenly changed my mind over summer last year. I really like the arcade, I've spent so much more time playing the games on there than the full price releases. It's changed how I use a console, it's not longer insert game and fire up I check to see what demos and trailers to download, etc.

I'm glad to be in a position to compare the two since my friends have a PS3, I don't know what it has to download in the US but there's not a lot to judge on yet over here.

Not forgetting the Wii of course, I'm a huge Nintendo fan and own a DS but people are more likely to weigh up the pros and cons of buying the 360 or the PS3 and just buy the Wii as well.

No worries Stainboy, took you up the wrong way but ya gota expect a bit of paronia in a drug forum ;). Whats GBL by the way

We got our PS3 at work yesterday. So far of the dozen or so titles we've tried on it, nothing really has been amazingly impressive. We're a bit dissapointed, and went home to play Guitar Heroes 2 on the 360 instead.

Gldm said:
We got our PS3 at work yesterday. So far of the dozen or so titles we've tried on it, nothing really has been amazingly impressive. We're a bit dissapointed, and went home to play Guitar Heroes 2 on the 360 instead.

Hate to say it, but we* told ya' so :\

we = the people who said PS3 is currently very... Mary Antoinette...

Ps. Please take this post lightheartedly. Sucks that you had such a disapointment - hopefully good games will come out soon! :D

pss. Remind me not to post again when I'm on K =D

cheers Don, puttin that on the 'to do' list;)

Last edited:
While there really isn't any games out for the ps3 yet that warrants the hefty price tag, there has been some really impressive in-development footage of games to be released in the future. The console has potential, but so far I don't see much of that potential harvested in the current line of games. In fact, most games released at launch seemed rushed, buggy, and unpolished. But seeing gameplay footage of games such as white knight, I believe games in the future for the ps3 will be much less dissapointing.

Jamshyd said:
Hate to say it, but we* told ya' so :\

we = the people who said PS3 is currently very... Mary Antoinette...

Ps. Please take this post lightheartedly. Sucks that you had such a disapointment - hopefully good games will come out soon! :D

pss. Remind me not to post again when I'm on K =D

I've been "telling people so" since mid-2005. ;)

We didn't get one because we wanted one, we got one because we need it to do the reviews. Its hard to review games for a console without having one. ;)

It's far too early to make a judgement on the console wars. So far, 360 and PS3 are competing for the same market and the only people that are going to get hurt are the consumers who adopt the technology early.

This is proven with MS releasing an improved (but not greatly) version of the 360 called 'Elite' that basically adds an HDMI video port and a 120GB hard drive with a black paint job. Sony is also releasing an 80GB version replacing their premium console. This means that if you went out and risked buying the first gen of those consoles, you're taking it in the bumbum.

Do yourself a favor, buy yourself a Wii, get some friends together and play some Wiisports and maybe rock out with God of War 2 on your ancient yet still fun to play PS2.

The safest time to decide is when ps3's online service titled "HOME" releases and it's success is revealed, and when the new data format (HD-DVD or Blu Ray) is decided. For now, the expense is too great. Save up for a flat screen.

^^ Yes, watch for HOME..

and hackability :)

homebrew/exploits (for legit backups, of course) ftw@!!@!

I hate scratched disks.....

Exclusive titles will also be a huge determining factor....So far PS3 has lost GTA4, Devil May Cry, Assassin's Creed, and Metal Gear looks to be the next game moving to the 360. This doesn't bode well for Sony.