• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Promethazine w/Codeine Australian substitute

Joeys

Greenlighter
Hey guys,
I was looking for a promethazine substitute that's sold in Australia. I know there are products like Painstop but that has heaps of paracetamol in it which I heard is quite bad for your liver. So is there anything that can be used as an easily get-able substitute to promethazine/codeine syrup?
Also, is the promethazine/codeine syrup sold in Australia itself and will I need a prescription?
(Want for making lean)

Lean is just overly mythologised crap, seriously.

Besides...promethazine and codeine are both available OTC in Australia.
Forget the syrup, do a CWE on the codeine (essential) and you'll have a "better" product than some urban myth ghetto moonshine crap ;)

Paracetomol is terrible for your liver and can cause a very painful death in high doses, which is why you should stay away from all OTC cough syrup preparations, and stick to tablets you can do a cold water extraction on.

It is simple, quick and relatively foolproof. Don't drink painstop, or anything else sold over the counter in Australia - you can get all the ingredients in so-called 'lean' easily in Australia (unlike the USA!), but without the bullshit.
Also, it is worth pointing out that "sipping" codeine is pretty worthless as it is not a drug that is effective to redose on.

Do a cold water extraction and drink it all at once. Promethazine will make it far more sedating, but also will reduce histamine reaction to the codeine (stop the itches).

Last edited:
I regularly drink painstop and find it is mostly the effects of the prometh that hits me, painstop is good if your just looking for something to chill you out but if you're looking for a proper codeine high you're better off going with the advice from spacejunk. There are plenty of OTC products here with decent amounts of codeine.

*when drinking usually at least half a bottle (bottles are 100mL)

Hey man, welcome to bluelight.
Just a heads-up - the discussion of sourcing drugs (legal or not) is prohibited on bluelight - whether that's where to source drugs, or how - we have pretty strict guidelines about asking how to get ahold of drugs.

Questions about how to "deal with the ID thing" probably cross the line a bit.

It's all in the Bluelight User Agreement, or drop me a private message if you have any queries :)

Promethazine is basically a antipsychotic idk why people take it other then if your puking your guts up

Promethazine is a first gen phenothiazine, which includes certain antipsychotics such as Chlorpromazine. They were both developed as antihistamines and both have sedating properties. I use low dose promethazine on rare occasions for sleep without any gastric side effects.