• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Primary effects of low dose Xanax with no tolerance?

Ngrlvr

Greenlighter
Notice: please do not derail this thread with warnings. I'm not going to binge on my handful of Xanax, I will never be interested in getting "fucked up" on Xanax or anything besides alcohol, and I don't need you to scare me. I've read all the scary shit, that's what every Xanax thread is filled with and this thread isn't going to be like the rest of them. OK, moving on....

I was prescribed a temporary, one time bottle of 20x 0.25mg alprazolam (oblong, white, scored, s|900) to help sleep or deal with daytime stress during this unique period of my life.

Despite being a 6'1" 170lbs male I am SUPER sensitive to drugs (I'm sure it's all in my head, and that's why I requested the lowest dose). So I took half a pill (0.125mg) a week ago to sleep and I know I felt that low dose, but I was also interested in sleeping and couldn't be bothered to pay attention to the effects. So we know I have no tolerance to Xanax (or any benzos, or honestly any drugs whatsoever including caffeine because I don't even drink coffee) and that even half of the lowest dose is definitely noticeable to me.

My question is, for someone like me, what will be the primary noticeable effects if I take 0.125mg or 0.25mg during the day? Also, if I decide the feeling is uncomfortable, will it be psychologically debilitating, and how long until I feel 110% sober again? 2.5 beers is about my limit unless I'm trying to get really wild, so how would 1 beer affect me after after 0.125mg or 0.25mg? How about 2 beers? I may or may not be getting laid for the first time in a few months, so I nothing will stop me from getting hard and enjoying sex, but how would Xanax affect my performance?

Thanks for the answers! I'm always nervous about drugs so I don't need to hear anything scary, I just want to know what sort of effects and feelings to expect with this low dose and my sensitivity.

I think mostly you will feel the lessening of anxiety and a bit of tiredness and sluggishness and not much else. Intermittant dosing probably means by the next day these effects will wear off. I would equate 0.25mg to may 1 or 2 drinks but it is hard to compare to be honest.

Benzos can cause sexual performance issues but at the doses you are talking about it is unlikely. But if its been awhile since you got some, I wouldnt risk it.

Chances are that at 125 micrograms, you won't feel much of anything besides placebo (but still, good on you for approaching this substance in a responsible way!).

At .25 mgs, you'll probably feel more relaxed, the worries in the back of your mind becoming less pressing and less scary. Effects should become noticeable approximately 20-30 minutes after taking the drug.

Chances are that at 125 micrograms, you won't feel much of anything besides placebo (but still, good on you for approaching this substance in a responsible way!).

At .25 mgs, you'll probably feel more relaxed, the worries in the back of your mind becoming less pressing and less scary. Effects should become noticeable approximately 20-30 minutes after taking the drug.

i sub 125 micro grams from time to time and is def active at that very low dose
it wont kill a severe a crazy anxiety/ panic attack for me i usually need .25mg but itll stop a tiny attack before it escalates into a huge one
if i drink ill take .25mg and no more than 2 beers and spaced out meaning ill drink or take either one then wait about an hr or 2 before taking the other one
dont suggest you chase a xanax with a beer neither just asking for trouble
use caution with mixing them because you can easily black out without even knowing it until you wake up not knowing wtf you did the night before

i sub 125 micro grams from time to time and is def active at that very low dose
it wont kill a severe a crazy anxiety/ panic attack for me i usually need .25mg but itll stop a tiny attack before it escalates into a huge one
if i drink ill take .25mg and no more than 2 beers and spaced out meaning ill drink or take either one then wait about an hr or 2 before taking the other one
dont suggest you chase a xanax with a beer neither just asking for trouble
use caution with mixing them because you can easily black out without even knowing it until you wake up not knowing wtf you did the night before

but start at .125mg if nothing wait 15 to 25 mins if nothing take another .125mg which will equal .25mg
.25mg is usually the "recommended" starting dose
but it honestly doesnt do anything other than calm you down sucks that the duration isnt very long but it works