• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Presumed fentanyl and transient tinnitus and hearing loss

SKL

Bluelight Crew
I posted this in the Heroin General thread, but I think it might be worth a larger exposure, it was a rather distressing experience for me although it soon passed, I wonder if anyone else has had something similar?

Would like to share a rather unsettling experience I recently had. NYC dope, standard issue bags, grayish in appearance, vinegar smell but by subjective effects (very short acting, blunted euphoria) strongly suspect primarily fentanyl or an analogue. About 5 or 6 bags i.v.'d over a few hours and then to bed. On waking, severe tinnitus and almost total hearing loss, hearing only echoing and flanging instead of sounds. Can't make out words in conversation. Also a loss of balance, as if the inner ear were effected. This persists for about 8 hours, then the hearing loss and loss of balance recedes, some tinnitus to 12 hours. Transient hearing loss and/or tinnitus of unknown etiology associated with heroin use is a rare complication reported in the literature. Opioids have been rarely known to cause tinitus. Differential diagnosis includes acute otits media, but this seems unlikely and it resolved rather too rapidly and there was no swelling or discharge. Overall a very strange experience, not one I'm keen to repeat, and I'm absolutely stumped as to the cause.Just a weird thing I suppose. I'm extensively experienced with opiates of all kinds and nothing of the kind has ever happened to me before. I suspect a weird side effect of a weird fentanyl analogue but who knows. Be careful out there, folks.