• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Preserving fentanyl gel patch (Duragesic) after use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k20

Bluelighter
Hey guys,

I've read what I can from BL megathreads etc, etc. I def learned a ton compared to yesterday, before I've read them, but still have some specific questions.

I have a gel 50mcg/hr fentanyl patch (Duragesic) and not sure the best way to go about using it safely and efficiently. I know most people like the gel form the most, but it seems like trying to save and reuse a gel to be a bit of a hassle. I'd rather have the other forms so I can just simply cut it into a bunch of pieces and place them on my skin. Much more convenient imo!

So I plan to poke a hole in this patch, then squeeze a little droplet and rub them on my gums. How do I preserve the rest of the gel? Some say tape it, some say seal it with a band aid?? and put it in the fridge?

I've read the silliest myths like, leaving the fent out will increase potency to the realest of tragedies, death from OD due to miscalculating the doses etc.

Think I went off topic, but how do you personally or recommend I use these gel patches? I don't want to vape it, the resealing and preserving is my main concern. Prefer the transdermal, buccal/sublingual route. Would totally trade my gel patch for another form of the patch. Most of the people that write about the gel patch sort of imply that it's much easier to use, so they don't seem to go too into detail. Wish I could just cut it into bits and place onto skin as needed!

Thanks guys, been a while!

You know what...these are Durogesic not DurAgesic...seems like the generic, and doesn't seem to have any gel in them. Just one consistent flat, thin patch. No gel after all (after looking at some pictures on google). I hope I am right, and would be pretty happy if I were! Thought this was the "gel" type and just thought it would be paper flat because the doses are so low and I wouldn't be able to tell. Mods close thread please! I think I am correct...

Done. Sounds super disappointing ;) Be safe, I assume you're already tolerance to opioids, but even then tread carefully please.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.