• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Prescription Question

sprockets2000

Bluelighter
Greetings,

My doctor didnt specify tabs vs films on my prescription and the pharmacy is saying it has to wait until monday to find out which when ive gotten tabs over and over. I am already picking this one up late so its not even early or on time, is this true or are they just being dicks?

Thanks

Hey sprockets, I'm sorry to hear that you're having to deal with pharmacy bullshit. I've dealt with it countless times. Prior authorizations for insurance, misspellings by incompetent prescribers, pharmacist unable to accurately even read the prescription. It sucks, but the way the system is set up, especially as an addict, you have very few rights in this scenario. The pharmacy, has a lot of discretion in terms of what they do or don't do and nobody is ever going to kick them for "being safe about things" especially in today's atmosphere. Some pharmacists might not make the ultimate connection that pills and film are really just different delivery systems leading to the exact same end result.

Sadly, it's not something that we can really help with. As I've said, they have a lot of discretion regarding what they do or don't do. Pharmacists are like MD's in that way, in that their professional education imbues them with a sort of absolute authority. Leading me to my final point, being that the only people that can truly solve this problem are your prescriber or the pharmacist. There are laws, protocols, etc. but like I said, at the end of the day, it's discretionary.

I would make some phone calls if you haven't already. Possibly see if another pharmacy might fill it? But at any rate, this is not the type of thing that we handle in the Basic Drug Discussion forum which is why this is getting closed.

Get ur script back and go to a different pharmacy , hate having to deal with a pharmacist on a power trip , I always check my scripts b4 I leave the office to make sure all the info is filled out , sucks bcuz they have no idea that nx they wanna go on a power trip they are withholding meds that will make some people extremely sick , that’s bc they have never had to experience a w/d b4 , anyways good luck