• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Relapse Prescribed Tramadol After Being Sober

516CAZ

Greenlighter
Hi all,

My doc didn't know it, but I had been sober from Tramadol for over a month when I was prescribed the same drug for a legitimate reason. I figured it had been long enough & this was only temporary, so I spent two weeks taking 300-400 mg/day. I took my last dose last night. I am starting to feel that terrible withdrawal feeling creeping in, but can't tell if it's just anxiety. I really didn't think two weeks of this would cause withdrawal. Was I wrong & am I in for just as bad a withdrawal as I went through went I got off it before???

Last edited by a moderator:
Two weeks of everyday use can/will definitely cause withdrawal. It shouldn't be as bad if you were using for a longer time period the last time you quit. I would definitely recommend tapering over cold turkey if at all possible.

The withdrawal shouldn't be too horrible, but that is enough time to pick up a habit again like RDP said. The withdrawals will likely be more of a psychological mind fuck than really bad physical symptoms though.

Consider taking a little kratom for two or three days and that should get you through them fine.